Template to dump Special Pioneers

by avaddohn94 95 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HomebytheSea
    HomebytheSea

Giordano,

I agree with you! I wish the paedophile issue was getting more publicity right now, so it could be seen as a possible cause of the downsizing & lack of funds. I hope we hear more soon, especially from the ARC investigations.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Worldwide, they are spending about 2 million a year for circuit overseers in the org. How many special pioneers at $450 a pop? In the grand scheme of the WT's alleged expenses, I don't see the personnel costing them that much monthly as the earlier talk (was that May?) indicated.

Since the JWs are all paying for the "world wide work" and hardly any people will be DOING it anymore, how are they going to justify more than a dollar or two to the org to justify the printing costs of the pitifully few magazines that any of them place? Anyone else wonder what the hell JWs are paying for now other than big buildings in scenic places for the few chosen ones left at the helm of this ship that looks to be sinking? They are consolidating buildings, laying off MISSIONARY personnel and Bethel workers wholesale. Are JWs just paying for resort properties? Are those sweet apartments just nice buildings to move the WT lawyers and money men and their families to?

I wish I could ask mymom what she thinks, but she has her head firmly embedded in the pile of WT dung that they have been piling up for the last 70 years.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I think it is $imple. It is about money.

The special pioneers are probably no longer considered to be an allowable expense for religions by the taxman. This has to do with restructuring to fall in line with "religious exemption" tax status. The special pioneers too closely resemble a "workforce" which, of course, the WTS does not want to be responsible for or have to pay labour costs on.

The new and improved jw..org will emerge with a clergy class, a smattering of missionaries and have the look of all other religions.

Huh. I wonder when they will open convents for the women.

• steve2
    steve2

What does Bill Bowen have to say about this development? Only a couple of days ago, he asserted thst JW organization is one of the wealthiest religious organization's in the world - of course, no evidence was adduced.

Pure and simply, this is move to trim thd number of Special Pioneers reflects an organization facing huge costs that it cannot sustain.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I don't think the WTBTS was a rich as we thought. Sure they were rich by normal standards, but a Billion dollars can be spent pretty quickly, espescially by a corporation.

Throw in thousands of parasites that need to be fed, and some Pedo lawsuits... The WTBTS figured the Big A was real, and that they would never have to worry about all this reality bullshit.

I almost feel bad for them. JUST KIDDING!!!!

DD

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r

Maybe they are trying to "save" money this way :P

("money saving" starts at 1:30)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqvbv-SB4bg

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I thoroughly like Sabin's new theocratic term for those who formulate doctrine, dictate and rule over Jehovah's Witnesses...GB or....GOVERNING BASTARDS!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    There are several couples that I know that got the booth from bethel and are now special pioneers. I will poke around to see if their status will change in the next couple of months.
  • Simon
    Simon

It's like any corporation. Just because they have lots of cash doesn't mean they are generous with the people they employ. Some think you can never squeeze too much profit.

Does Apple pay it's Chinese child labor good wages because it has billions in the bank? Or does it have billions because it pays them so little ...

People running the show may just have decided that they want to cash out their chips and want to make sure there are lots of them.

They would have to mess up spectacularly to be cash poor given their tax free + free labor setup even with all the lawsuits.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Maybe Simon's right. Maybe they're not really broke. Maybe they really are just evil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit