Template to dump Special Pioneers

by avaddohn94 95 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I don't think they're finantially broke. They are ethically broke, though - big time. This seems to be part of a previously thought out plan that simply got rushed recently, maybe due to Warwick / Walkill being grossly over budget, and they may be sniffing lawsuits in the air and reading the writing on the wall regarding shortage of donations. Remember that study article on the November 2013 issue of Watchtower regarding the attack of the "Assyrian"?

"When “the Assyrian” attacks, the elders must be absolutely convinced that Jehovah will deliver us. At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not." - Seven Shepherds, Eight Dukes, paragraph 17

Well, here it is. These are the type of instructions that don't seem to fit with the Organization's typical mantras: "The growth is evidence of Jehovah's blessing" or "We need more Kingdom Halls to welcome new members" or "We will never beg for money" or "A carreer in Bethel or Special Pioneering is the best, most gratifying and more secure carreer you can ever choose". Many Witnesses will soon be dumbfunded, but soon too they will rationalize that the GB must have some special insight from Jehovah that Armageddon is nigh, so these changes are evidence of an accelerating celestial car.

Their decisions make absolute sense when seen from a corporate for-profit business perspective. ( The difference here is that they're not professional managers, so they sometimes make stupid, costly business decisions ). What they're doing is putting the usual religious, spiritual spin on it, to foster the end-times hype that keeps people on their toes and ready to jump when they're told to jump.

You just can't win with cult mentallity. Sure, some will wake up, but that's just collateral damage for the GB. The ones who will stay will be more hardcore than ever.

Eden

• Room 215
    Room 215
    Why the requirement to reapply? I suspect it's a legalistic ploy to protect WT from liability claims.
  • tiki
    tiki

Wow....the end of an era...for those poor misled sincere ones this is going to be devastating.....what to do...where to go....guess that pitiful monthly allowance will help pay the lawsuits.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    They'll be treated like this, see others treated like this, yet the zombies will be greatful and keep marching on into social oblivion holding their beloved JW.org banner high and proudly. Pfft whatever. Like I said before - have fun flipping burgers in the real world.
  • Scully
    Scully

Since nobody's said it yet, I have no choice....

Well, isn't that Special™?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/400x/60520105.jpg

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

Why the requirement to reapply? I suspect it's a legalistic ploy to protect WT from liability claims.

It seems like it has to be a legal requirement. Special pioneers could be viewed as employees for certain things and just reclassifying them won't seem like a big enough split. Having them totally removed and then reapply as something else would seem like a more complete split. Plus the Society doesn't approve the pioneer application, the local body of elders does so will be a complete break.

If the people "getting the boot" were not kind and haven't made enough friends in all the time they were in special service, too bad. It isn't like this should come as a total surprise as there have been lots of bethelites reassigned and branches closed in the past. If they refuse to think it could happen to them and didn't prepare then they are not wise like the virgins Jesus spoke about in his parable.

They have a few months before they are removed so I hope they will get onto social media and try to get friends if they don't have them and create a network to take care of themselves and their peers because that is likely all they will get out of this organization.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Reminds me of

The Parable of the Dishonest Manager - Luke 16:1-9

He also said to the disciples, “There was a rich man [The Watchtower] who had a manager, [The special pionner / Bethelite / Circuit Overseer ] and charges were brought to him that this man was wasting his possessions. [receiving a monthly allowance when he could be regular pioneer and part-time job, thus wasting precious resources from the Master's Org ].

And he called him and said to him, ‘What is this that I hear about you? Turn in the account of your management, for you can no longer be manager.’ [Your special assignement has just been cancelled]

And the manager said to himself, ‘What shall I do, since my master is taking the management away from me?[ My monthly allowance and my green handshakes are gone! Damn!] I am not strong enough to dig, and I am ashamed to beg. [ I quitted school early and waivered superior education, I got no useful work skills ]

I have decided what to do, so that when I am removed from management, people may receive me into their houses.’ So, summoning his master’s debtors one by one, he said to the first, ‘How much do you owe my master?’ He said, ‘A hundred measures of oil.’ He said to him, ‘Take your bill, and sit down quickly and write fifty.’ Then he said to another, ‘And how much do you owe?’ He said, ‘A hundred measures of wheat.’ He said to him, ‘Take your bill, and write eighty.’ [ The Special pioneer / Bethelite / CO decides to call in a few favors from family and 'materialistic brothers' who sucked up to him for congregational privileges and manages to get a meager job]

The master commended the dishonest manager for his shrewdness. [ We knew you could pull this off, It was obviously Jehovah's hand ] For the sons of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own generation than the sons of light. [ of course, they get an education and they work hard to make an actual living]

And I tell you, make friends for yourselves by means of unrighteous wealth, so that when it fails they may receive you into the eternal dwellings. [ awww dang! says the sheeple future ex-special pioneer, if only I knew what Jesus REALLY meant here! ]

Eden

• cappytan
    cappytan

If I recall correctly, don't Regular Pioneers have to apply every September? It would make jw sense to reapply when transitioning from one form of full-time service to the other.

EDIT: Eden, that was beautiful. lol

• sir82
    sir82

If I recall correctly, don't Regular Pioneers have to apply every September?

No, once appointed as a RP, you remain one until you quit or are removed.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I am surprised the GB are giving them 3 months notice to get jobs and homes, without having to do their pioneer hours.

This is going to make some think that Jehovah provides.

I hope they wake up

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit