Template to dump Special Pioneers

by avaddohn94 95 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I really don't think that the WTS is in any real danger of going broke in the short term.

I agree with the sentiments that this is all about rapid organisation change to protect against future shortfall and risks. These risks may include changes to tax status, compensation claims, reduced investment income, rising construction costs etc.

What is clear to me is that the decision making has absolutely nothing to do with spiritual goals. It is completely driven by bean counters. I really get the impression that the GB have let their hubris get the better of them and run amok with this plan and that plan over the past couple of years then some underling has pulled their bollocks out of their arse and given them some plain and simple shocking facts, coupled with some compelling strategies for rapid and persistent cost cutting.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Statement from higher up Bethelite:

A special-pioneer can get his assignment "on time" (limited).
    (That's what I heard today for the first time.)

The Organisation removes "only" the temporary (on time) special-pioneers.

And yes - to save money.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Are they really letting the ones go that are 50 and older?

So religions are not required to follow age discrimination laws as other corporations are required?

• sir82
    sir82

A special-pioneer can get his assignment "on time" (limited).
    (That's what I heard today for the first time.)

The Organisation removes "only" the temporary (on time) special-pioneers.

I don't understand this. What does "on time" mean in this context?

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    sir82
    I don't understand this. What does "on time" mean in this context?

You get your assignment for a limited period. Only the special-pioneers with a "limited" assignment are canceld.

"Normal" special-pionieers are still in there asignment and older ones will not be laid off.

Stealth
    Are they really letting the ones go that are 50 and older?

Bethelites - YES.
    Special-Pioneers - NO.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

That's cold even for the WTS. You would think they would have given them at least 6 months notice. And they have to reapply as a regular pioneer? WTF. They just love to humiliate JWs.

I feel bad for them but hopefully some will wake up.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Here the new 2015 od-book on page 102:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

konceptual99 - "What is clear to me is that the decision making has absolutely nothing to do with spiritual goals."

Dude, none of their decisions have anything to do with "spiritual goals".

• steve2
    steve2
    Just as some salespersons retain employment based on sterling sales, those Special Pioneers who place a lot of literature and have lots of Bible Studies are probably less likely to be laid off.
  • Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige

I think (as in my unsubstantiated theory) the Nov 2013 article "be ready to obey no matter what" was penned around the time they got the financial advisors offer of service to rationalise the business (June 2013).

From 2014, it has been a case of implementation of the consultant's recommendations, through a calendarised action plan that includes some book changes and meeting changes to keep everyone distracted during the implementation period.

May 2015 broadcast for more money, vote on hall financing & introduced tithe of sorts, slowing of building work and how many lay offs have happened and its really adding ground pepper shake by shake to the soup.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit