Template to dump Special Pioneers

by avaddohn94 95 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

10) Here’s the Good News, you’ve been reassigned to your Home congregation, and you have a lesser hour requirement.

9) Here’s the bad news, There is no more allowance for you.

8) Brother & Sister, you’re the 8th team to arrive at your assignment. Sorry to say, you’ve been eliminated from the Amazing Race

7) The Tribe has spoken, bring us your torch.

6) Sorry we don’t believe in Immunity Idols.

5) Sorry, you’ve been evicted from the Big Brother (GB) house

4) Go home, but don’t go materialistic on us now.

3) Surely there must be some aged relative that you could be freeloading

2) Special is a state of mind.

1) Your momma always said you were Special. Time to go home and realize what that means
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Mary J Bige - "I think (as in my unsubstantiated theory) the Nov 2013 article 'be ready to obey no matter what' was penned around the time they got the financial advisors offer of service to rationalise the business (June 2013)."

They've always kind of said it, but it really did get dialed up then, so your theory definitely has merit.

The suddenness of the halt on all the worldwide construction doesn't seem like the product of careful planning, though...

...in fact, if I had to guess, I'd say that they only got their financial projections in order just recently, and the plug was pulled as an emergency response.

• steve2
    steve2

...in fact, if I had to guess, I'd say that they only got their financial projections in order just recently, and the plug was pulled as an emergency response.

Or they knew but, like a lot of organizations who have been warned about their shaky financial health, let over-confidence rule until the warnings became far too loud to ignore.

This is the old, old story of the bankrupt mentality: More often than not individuals and/or companies knew well before bankruptcy was declared that they needed to reduce costs and pay bills.

A colleague of mine who had once worked in the banking industry said that declarations of bankruptcy are a last resort after months - and in some cases years - of formal warnings have been issue to the relevant parties.

She observed that many individuals and companies were selectively blind and believed that as bad as things were, it would not come to bankruptcy. It is like a willful delusion - and religious groups specialize in delusion.

So willfully blind were a lot of people that on the day bankruptcy is declared, people react with shock and astonishment - despite repeated warnings and stipulated precautions on how to avert the worst from happening,

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

WHAT???!!!

Effective immediately, no more assembly or Kingdom Hall donations from me!!!

And to think many of these people gave up careers, family, etc.!!!

Idiots!!!

SL

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

steve2 - "So willfully blind were a lot of people that on the day bankruptcy is declared, people react with shock and astonishment - despite repeated warnings and stipulated precautions on how to avert the worst from happening,"

If this is, in fact, the Org's situation, they would have been even less inclined to heed repeated warnings and precautions...

...because not only was the Watchtower Society the "company they'd invested in", but the very suggestion that "God's Earthly organization" could experience something as "worldy" as bankruptcy would be completely foreign to them.

They'd never even consider the possibility that it could happen.

• steve2
    steve2

...because not only was the Watchtower Society the "company they'd invested in", but the very suggestion that "God's Earthly organization" could experience something as "worldy" as bankruptcy would be completely foreign to them.

They'd never even consider the possibility that it could happen.

Depends on what the "wake up" call is about. Perhaps creditors refuse to extend credit until payments are settled or donations consistently fail to cover mounting costs or their accountants finally hammer the table big time or all three.

But, yes, I acknowledge their presumed conviction that Jehovah is backing the organization's expansion of constructions is a tough barrier to penetrate.

The core message would be that at some level the dire financial position is not "sudden" news to the GB.

The writing's been on the wall for years (for example Bethel closures) but it is only in the last 1 to 2 years and in particular very recent months that even after all hardline cutbacks, the hoped-for cash-flow liquidity problems is not solved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit