Largest amount of refugees since WW2 in Europe

by Powermetal4ever 179 Replies latest jw friends

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    What ever the origin of the refugges, they didnt see a future for the children any longer in syria, sad.
    Now we can only help.
  • username
    username
    Very true indeed The WonderofYou.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Only a handsome of them want asylum in Austria - this situation is insane. After reaching the safety of Europe, refugees/migrants should not get to choose where to live. Genuine refugees should stop in the nearest safe country and feel lucky that Europe has accepted them.

These migrants are taking the piss.

Now we can only help - there are plenty of non-EU countries that can help, too.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    If we could only get over our differences and come together as a species for the common good there would be no refugees to begin with. Of course at this point in our history this is just a fantasy but it's my favorite fantasy ...
  • Munster Abu
    Munster Abu
    TheFadingAlbatros
    Something is wrong and we no longer feel safe in Europe with all this influx of Muslim refugees who are not respecting our borders and our culture !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry. I feel very safe here in Europe.
  • Munster Abu
    Munster Abu

LoveUniHateExams
    Only a handsome of them want asylum in Austria - this situation is insane. After reaching the safety of Europe, refugees/migrants should not get to choose where to live. Genuine refugees should stop in the nearest safe country and feel lucky that Europe has accepted them.
    These migrants are taking the piss.

I think these migrants are looking to go to Germany because of Merkel's recent comments where she said they would take them in and let them work. Talking to a friend in Germany. He was basically saying Germany's aging population needs to be replaced by about 400,000 a year. So you can understand Merkel saying we will take them in and let them work. It makes sense for Germany. You can then understand when they hear that, why the refugee's are so keen to get to Germany.

So maybe they aren't taking the piss.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Munster Abu

You may be right re Germany - I don't know the full facts of the situation there.

maybe they aren't taking the piss - forget Germany, besides you didn't account for Sweden. Some migrants are taking the piss in their attitude to European authorities. The stone-throwing on Lesbos. I also read of an article that showed an immigrant fling himself, his wife and child on train tracks because the Hungarian authorities wanted to process his application but the migrant wished to travel to Austria instead.

Something is very wrong here. It's the EU and local authorities that have the right to tell migrants where to live, when to get registered, etc. - not vice versa.

With attitudes as described above, how well do you think migrants will integrate into host culture?

• krejames
    krejames

I agree the Arab nations should be playing their part, but it's no excuse not to help. It's like seeing someone choking in a restaurant, knowing the heimlich manoeuvre, but saying it's not my job to help them, there must be a doctor in this restaurant somewhere who can do something about it.

In years to come, history will be our judge. But I guess in the meantime we can stay safe in our comfort zone, hoping what's over there doesn't come over here and rock our little world.

george michael's "praying for time" comes to mind

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I agree with you Krejames, it's no excuse not to help.

I also like your choking in a restaurant analogy, there is a case to be made for the UK taking refugees. But how many? In terms of resources, migrants and refugees mean the same thing to the British government, in that they both take up space, water, food, electric, healthcare, etc. There must be an upper limit, but the liberal intelligentsia consistently refuse to say. There have been articles and opinion pieces in The Guardian practically calling for unlimited migration to the UK. This is grossly irresponsible, almost as irresponsible as urging Britain to do nothing re the refugee crisis.

we can stay safe in our comfort zone, hoping what's over there doesn't come over here and rock our little world - nothing wrong with this sentiment, indeed, the primary duty of the UK government is to protect UK citizens.

Interestingly, you mention George Michael, an openly gay man. Two Green Party MPs, Caroline Lucas and their leader, Ms Bennett, have criticised Cameron's recent U-turn and pledge to take in 1,000s of refugees as not enough. The one elected Green MP has a constituency in Brighton, a city known for its large and visible gay community. Imagine thousands and thousands of migrants from the Levant/N. Africa coming to Brighton. Devout adherents of a medieval, homophobic religion mixing with gay couples openly kissing in public, not to mention all the gay (and heterosexual) bars and nightclubs. What could possibly go wrong, eh? Add to this the fact that ISIS has promised to plant their fighters among refugees and we may well have a veritable time-bomb ticking away.

People like you seriously need to put your emotions and sympathy on hold for an hour or so and think through all the different scenarios that could play out.

Just think things through, ok?

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    wonderful welcome in Germany. Happy smiles all round.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit