Largest amount of refugees since WW2 in Europe

by Powermetal4ever 179 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

"We are surely living in the last days right now"

Where have I ever heard that before? Oh, I know. That is the appropriate "JW-party line" response to any and all bad news. The problem is, it has never been true, that is at least until now ...

It's true, Doomsday IS coming!

Compelling Proof that Jehovah's Witnesses have been right after all

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

News from Austria: wave of helpfulness, thousands of voluntaries take care of refugees,

6500 arrived today in border Nickelsdorf austria, 14 degree celsius, "Welcome to Nickelsdorf" was answerded, "Austria is freedom, hungary no". Nickelsdorf is now the eye of the needle to europe. 'For those havent been brought to vienna by train today 500 private sleep places in the surrounding have been organised.

Nickelsdorf, the place where I like to visit Nova Rock concert is where refugees are sleeping too. ,
    http://www.novarock.at/jart/prj3/novarock/main.jart?content-id=1381752440460&rel=de&reserve-mode=active

thousand were brought via train to via, aidorganisation caring, donations in food and clothes already stopped because to much, now 2000 waiting at railwaystation vienna west

Message to all: "You are safe - City Vienna"

https://twitter.com/Oxonitsch/status/640178255195209728/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Hungarian Orban inscenated a concept of enemies using the refugees! Hungarys image is destroyed.
    What he claimed that a flood of refugees attacks europe, and he produces the suitable pictures of xenophobic ideology. Hungary again stopped bus transport to austria, now againg new ones are beginning their march to Austria. Now there are coming thousand, perhaps there will be yet ten thousands, but with the right management austria will cope with the situation.

Some pictures of our syrian brothers, havent most of us been refugees of a totalitarian regime? How happy they are to be safe.

http://www.heute.at/news/oesterreich/art23655,1207539

A border fence and physical mistreatment of refugees is no solution and is inhuman

Muslim community helps. We have appr 600.000 muslims in austria, in vienna 216.000. In my town I have many muslim neighbours, the christian syrian refugees are heritants of the christian beginning. Syria, Damascus was the frist state that became christian, many syrian speak the language of jesus.

Austrian aid organsion transports via truck food and medicine to the greece border town where refugees need care and tries to help in hungary.

• TheWonderofYou
  • Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever
    No I am not fond of Islam , but one thing in all of this make me somewhat happy. And that is when I read about the help those refugees actually receives from usual people. For instance in my country there has been a big fundraising recently. And I think that disproves the JW teaching that there is no love in the world.
  • TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    You are absolutely right.
  • prologos
    prologos

The BBC has a new name for migrants, refugees in Germany: " newcomers" and why not?

Germany had welcome millions of expelled DPs in the post-war ethnic cleansing from Russia, Poland, Szechoslovakia, the balkans, so they are now just casting a wider net.

just remember Germany is the Israel of Europe, For Napoleon to go to Moscow, he had to travel through germany , and Russia would have loved to get it's ice-free harbour in it's thrust past berlin. A country nibbled at from all sides.

So the country is welcoming newcomers, beefing up it's population, but, could also have done it through copulation.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

prologos, I was quite chuffed to see that yesterday the BBC also described the migrant infux as an epic journey as this resonates with my depiction of a parallel between Aeneas' journey to Italy and the refugee journey from Turkey to Europe on page 5 of this thread.

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif
    Here's my limited solution to part of the problem. In the UK there seems to be a steady stream of Muslims determined to join ISIS in Syria. Yet our govt. spend a lot in funds to either prevent/retrieve them. Let them leave the UK with a proviso. Freeze all their assets into one large fund. Let them go, then allow one-for-one into the country, and finance their resettlement with confiscated monies/assets. Plus of course helping others to a safer life.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good idea, Je.suis.oisif.

Plus, those who have joined ISIS must never be allowed back into Britain.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

the UK gov is considering whether to use what it sets aside for foreign aid to help alleviate the plight of migrants/refugees. I think this may solve a number problems.

another solution put forward by people interviewed on the street was to take in a refugee family into our homes if we have the space. I think the pope suggested that each european parish could take in a refugee family

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit