Largest amount of refugees since WW2 in Europe

by Powermetal4ever 179 Replies latest jw friends

• Munster Abu
    Munster Abu
    So quotas should be applied by the UN to every safe country on earth, from New Zealand to Malaysia to Uganda to Brazil to Fiji.
    That way, the refugees will find safety.
    Without any one country buckling under the tide.
    What do you think?

Sounds like a good plan to me. However till it is agreed and able to be implemented the day to day reality is that it's a problem now that the Europeans have to deal with till a better system can be agreed.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Just read about public unrest on the Greek island of Lesbos.

200 refugees/migrants apparently started throwing stones at authorities when they were told they would have to miss a ferry to the Greek mainland and stay on the island to be registered.

Ungrateful b*****ds ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3222419/Riots-erupt-Greek-island-Lesbos-200-frustrated-refugees-throw-stones-police-coastguard-officials-blocked-getting-mainland-bound-ferry.html

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

European ancestors who were refugees from Turkey - Aeneas carrying his father and leading his son starting out to to make the perilous journey all the way to Italy

• Munster Abu
    Munster Abu

If you get your unbiased news reporting from the Dailfail that's half your problem LUHE.

As xenophobic a newspaper as you'll find anywhere.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

I am in my fifties now and things in the human,animal and plant world haven't changed much since I was a kid. In the human world things seem to get better for a while, our technology gets better our knowledge of diseases and how to alleviate them gets better but then a new disease comes along or our primordial instincts kick in conflict arises and the subsequent flood of refugees fleeing war torn areas and religious extremism begins and everyone rushes out to help them. The same story keeps recycling itself over and over and it has since biblical times.

Just as in the plant and animal world some species thrive for a while because of their environment then die out when conditions change and others adapt and continue thriving and it seems we humans have the unique ability to adapt and not change but still thrive it's really amazing when you think about it,

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Munster Abu

Have you read the article? Care to explain what the photos are all about?

Oh and BTW, no newspaper is free from bias. Grow up.

• Munster Abu
    Munster Abu
    Have you read the article?

I did actually and do you know what i took from it?

Not

Ungrateful b*****ds ...

Here's what i read:

Conditions for refugees on the islands have been criticised in the past, including by the United Nations' refugee agency. On Friday, Amnesty International said it had witnessed a violent attack on the refugees in Kos, by 15-25 people wielding bats and shouting abuse.
    'It is a very difficult trip,' said Mohad, a 27-year-old refugee from Damascus. 'We were very hungry and thirsty on the Farmakonisi island. Actually we are suffering from a lot of things. But we hope to arrive to specific area like Germany or Sweden or any country protect us, OK?'

But you go with the sensationalist headline that doesn't really reflect that these camps and the conditions these people are in will lead to tinderbox riots. I think you quoted comment above says all i need to know about you yet you tell me to grow up?!

Do one!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Refugees/migrants were abused on Kos. This is very wrong, but has nothing to do with the refugees/migrants acting like ungrateful b*****ds on Lesbos. You ignore the refugees/migrants acting like ungrateful b*****ds but focus on the abused. Why? The Greeks didn't ask for this. Obviously beating up refugees is way out of order, but they have a right to be upset.

Mohad likes Sweden or Germany, does he? He's not backward in coming forward!

I'm off to go and 'do one' - hopefully you'll now grow up.

• prologos
    prologos

just to keep you up to date who the "refugees" really are.

The german postal service has intercepted a package full of "Syrian" passports, sans porteurs. A man, Pakistani *, 51, has died (of natural causes) in the Bisce, Hungary outbreak from the registration center. These are warriors, using kids as human childs, not the kind of refugees like the ones on the "MV ST Louis" that faced the gas chambers if returned to their homeland, and ended up there.

source "spiegel on line" , not a rightist source by any means.

* Pakistan welcomes muslim refugees. after all they sheltered Osama Bin Laden for years.

• prologos
    prologos
    please read the Europan news services to see what really goes on in the forefront, and the follow-up of this wave.and it is easy to generate a sympathetic cloud on line and in the media.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit