Would You Marry A Person Of A Different Race?

by minimus 116 Replies latest jw friends

• meadow77
    meadow77

Without hesitation if my husband would let me. Love is Love, and there is NOTHING wrong with loving whomever you choose. My grandfather is racist, and he says all the time that he just doesn't think it' s right for the children. He doesn't understand 2 things IMO. First, things are different these days. I am not saying that racism no longer exist, but interracial kids are not such a rarity anymore. Secondly, kids are cruel. They will make fun of you if you have glasses, if your'e poor, if you have braces. The list goes on and on, and yes possible if you are from an interracial relationship. That's no reason to stop having kids because they might be different. DAN- I understand this may be something that you have observed in your workplace, but you must remeber that you are recounting one example. It's definitly no basis for describing every black man who goes out with a white girl. As a matter of fact I have observed that white men treat black women very well. But again this is not something I could say is par for the course, as I do not know every single white man married to a black women. The other thing is so what if they treat her well, isn't that the point? If your'e observation is that she is treated like a pampered queen by these men, than whatever their color, no wonder she prefers them, and I say YOU GO GIRL!!!!!People get so worked up about this and I have never understood why, we all bleed red.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Cultural differences are far greater than any variation in skin tone. I'm English, my girlfriend is Dutch (sorry Crazydrinker, but why are you keen on Dutch girls anyway?), we are the same 'race', but I can easily think of twenty cultural differences.

Re. the comment about people of a different race smelling differently; people of a different diet smell differently, again, it's a cultural thing, not a genetic thing.

• D8TA
    D8TA

Let's see, well everyone is entitled to their opinion, so here's mine:

I don't believe in "different races". From my perception there is the human race, and I appreciate the diversity in beauty in which it offers. With that clear, I'll give my personal preference.

When it comes to my visual senses (eh, I'm a guy): Dark women with dark features. Latin American, African, Portuguese, Mid-East and Italian. I'm just naturally attracted to such. I like a woman who has character with her nose and eyes.

But that's my superficial observations.

With my true viewpoint...my internal one...then it's based on a woman's heart and mind.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

"There is only ONE race here on earth. Human."

I couldn't agree more. There are differences with every HUMAN, no matter if you are the same color or not. I'm white, but with Native American, French, and God knows what else in my background. I have very fair skin and red hair. I married a black man, (now divorced), and my children are all different. One of my sons is very light, with golden, curly hair. He looks like a young version of American Idol Justin Guarini. My other son looks Hispanic, and has straight, dark hair. My daughter is pecan colored, with jet black, long, curly hair. I have another son who is dark, and wears his hair in a fade. He looks and acts like Ice Cube!

So, I learned how to cut, style, and perm different types of hair, and to put more sunscreen on the ones who needed it. LOL

I look at my children and see my grandmother's nose, my mom's crooked front tooth, and even my freckles. I look at my children and see beauty.

Love...

April (who loves the spice rack!)

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    The other thing is so what if they treat her well, isn't that the point? If your'e observation is that she is treated like a pampered queen by these men, than whatever their color, no wonder she prefers them, and I say YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!

What I am saying is that these guys seem all too willing to overlook her flaws. She goes through black men like a baby goes through diapers, and I think that a lot of them get hurt in the process (yes men have feelings). I hope it is a learning experience for them, so that maybe they can get over the attitude that having a white woman is the ultimate (which in my observation seems to be the mentality of a lot of black men. The Wayans Bros even did a skit on one of their shows once poking fun at their own for this very thing!)

And this isn't the only time that I've observed this phenomenon of white women going "exclusively black". I mean, if two people meet and fall in love, then that is great, I have no problem with that. But a sometimes it seems like something else a little less noble is going on.

Edited by - dantheman on 17 January 2003 9:44:27

• freeman
    freeman

I already did. Shes Irish, Im Italian, Shes from Venus, Im from Mars, but we get along just fine. You see it can work out.

Freeman

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

Been there done that. In fact I'm doing it now.

Diamond

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Just to add a little more info.

Every one is welcome into our home,No matter the race,my sons have all different races & cultures as friends

we have WHITE, BLACK ,YELLOW, IRISH ,SCOTTISH , WELSH, SCOUSERS * COCKNEYS NORTHERNERS AND SOUTHERNERS, ALLSO MUSLIM AND PAKISTANI ,INDIAN ,CHINESE VIETNAMESE Last but not least bloody crappy mcdonalds * MC DONALDS ,made in U.S.A

This happens when you live in a multi cultural society,as in London England,i feel sorry for those of you whom have lost out on furthering your backward education,in the fact that you want to try something else but your conditioning wont let you ,but we all can make choices,guess what in england i have met & know many many white people that have rotten teeth ,they smell ,stink and dont wash themselves,there homes are so filthy you could slide on the shiny filthy dirt covering everything from ,the carpets to the furniture ,especialy coated with animal hair from the cat which is presented to you when offering you a good old cup of tea, In america the cross breeding with the hillbillys marrying there sisters mothers cousins in fact even the pigs i have heard about is shamefull, developing all sorts of disabilities into there family members which brings its own problems,NO I WOULDNOT MARRY A YANK even if i could

Would i marry a hillbilly or red neck if i was able to NO There,one and the same i beleive but please correct me,the strengths of there genes added to someone else whom was supperior in thought and proffesionalismn would be lowering yourself & standards,i have been in some poor black peoples houses but being poor they are clean ,same difference,persona;ly now that i have got your backs up.

now that i have slagged you americans of,i wouldnot marry an american ,as i am English ,and i feel that we English are far superior to you yanks.

OK. any response

but if your

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Mulan, that is not always the case my grandbaby is mixed my son in law is black (very dark) and my daughter is white(very white with a smattering of freckles) my grandbaby LOOKS exactly like a tan version of my daughter and myself I showed my daughter her pic of when she was a year it is bizarre. Makayla has one toe that looks like her daddy's and her ears fold inside her ear look like his too LOL So I guess our genetics rule!!!

As far as myself I was attracted to them and fell in love yes I would. Just like I don't like blonde blue eyed white men, I was not attracted to black men, or red haired men.

I guess Chris is technically a different race he is Italian

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

danthema,

On this topic, your commnets match your picture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit