Would You Marry A Person Of A Different Race?

by minimus 116 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Mulan, that is not always the case my grandbaby is mixed my son in law is black (very dark) and my daughter is white(very white with a smattering of freckles) my grandbaby LOOKS exactly like a tan version of my daughter and myself I showed my daughter her pic of when she was a year it is bizarre. Makayla has one toe that looks like her daddy's and her ears fold inside her ear look like his too LOL So I guess our genetics rule!!!

Good point.

I was not attracted to black men, or red haired men.

My husband, all three sons, and two grandkids are redheads. I was never attracted to red hair either, until I met my husband.

We have some friends, the wife is white (Scandinavian, but not real light), husband is black. Two sons. One looks like he is East Indian...........straight black hair, gorgeous skin color. The other boy is white, white..........gray eyes, freckles, and loose curly dark hair. Neither of them look like their father, except they have his height.

What I would do now, is very different from the way I felt when I was 17.............the year I married my redhead.

Edited by - mulan on 17 January 2003 12:27:35

• MissFrooFroo
    MissFrooFroo

My ex husband is a different race than I.. and oddly enough my mother who is a pain in the ass jw encouraged me to date all races which surprises me given that she's so closed minded on most things.

• meadow77
    meadow77
    which in my observation seems to be the mentality of a lot of black men.

Dan-I am not trying to start a war with you here, but this is my point. We can make limited observations about other people, but first of all our observations can be incorrect, secondly you do not know all black men dating white women, and have no idea what their motivations are. People date who they ae attracted too, for whatever reason this women likes to date black men, that's who she finds attractive. There is no reason to read more into it than that. I know plenty of white women who are overbearing and aggressive and married to white men. I know black women who are very aggressive and princessish and married to white men. My grandmother who is Native American is very much the prima donna and she's married to my grandpa who is english and german, and yes he "puts up" with everything she dishes out. Nobody makes the distinctions unless it's white women and black men which just suggests racism. There are loads of women out there dishing out to a man who loves them and takes it. Color has nothing to do with it.

• Introspection
    Introspection

For some reason this thread (as a whole, not any messages in particular) reminds me of that DiGiorno commercial:

"You like delivery pizza?? I like delivery pizza!"

"It's not de-li-very. It's Di... Di... It's French."

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Abbadon (which by coincedence is what I named my M-16 back in Basic Training),

Dutch chicks are hot. When I was in Amsterday 2 years ago I meet the hottest bartender. That Dutch girl was SMOKIN!! And Vivamus is a cutie 2

In all fairness, im also attracted to Mexican/Central American/Brazillian/Columbian/South American woman and Itallian chicks. Its the whole brunette thing, plus they have that all natural 24 hour tan

Not really into Indian (as in the country) and Black chicks. Just not my thing. Not into red heads either....way to CRAZY!! Im not into mental people........not really into Asian chicks either.

I like combo chicks, like half hawian and half columbian.....yummy......

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

I'm months away from proposing to a beautiful caucasian woman - color has never been an issue for me.

interracial couples have beautiful children too!

I can see how/why some would prefer to date/marry within their race. I think this can be done without that person being "racist." Nothing wrong w/ having a preference - when it comes to marraige, one obviously should select a partner they feel comfortable with and are attracted to.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Mulan:

I hope I didn't insult you I just was telling my preferences As for the blond guys I was traumatized by one and never could get over that(he just scared me but it stuck). I will post a grandbaby pic soon of the trio me as a baby my daughter and my grandbaby it will freak you outLOL

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

No, but that is only because I do not intend on getting married again. I was however married to someone of a different race. I'm a heinz 57, he was Mexican.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I would marry a person of a different race , I have no problems with that at all. But I am already married..........hummm,,,,,, but if I werent ,,,,,,,,,,one word Lenny Kravitz,,,,,although he is half white half black. But then so am I .........in away......half native american indian/french and irish..... two opposites attracted in my parents.

My taste in men is exactly what I got in my husband, tall , dark and handsome. I always liked the sultry dark eyes the most. There are not many blonde blue eye men I find that I would just fall for.

Most of his side of the family are short...But I like tall me,,,,just my taste.. I am short and always got picked on because of this....... I also got made fun of because of the way my dad's family looks,,,,,,, people would call us wetbacks and Mexican,,,,, and I told them that I was indian, and that if I were Mexican, I would be damn proud of whatever I was. I have always seen the prejudices come out towards my family because of their skin tone , or their short stature. Of 35 grandkids of on dad's side my sister and I have the lightest skin and hair........which means it is not black,,,,,,or very dark brown, we have red in our hair,,,,, although mine is dark . I guess the irish side from mom, made a big difference in the skin and hair color department. I was always jealous of my cousins who had the pretty straight long dark hair......

• Shakita
    Shakita

Mr. Shakita said that I can..... if he can.

Mrs. Shakita

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit