Would You Marry A Person Of A Different Race?

by minimus 116 Replies latest jw friends

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

Coming from a black man who is practically engaged to a white girl, I do NOT view white women as "the ultimate." Not to say other black guys are the same - just speaking for myself. I've never had any black friends express that ideology either though. I've been interested in several nationalities before, white just happens to be the one that has hit home finally. I think sometimes white women may take advantage of black guys - unfortunate, but I'm sure it has happened before. However I doubt very seriously this goes on in the majority of inter-racial relationships. I think SOME white guys take advantage of Asian women as well, but again I wouldn't say it's a generalization of all caucasian/asian relationships.

Don't let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch.

Inter-racial couples recieve hard times in areas that are not culturally diverse. I would strongly advise anyone to take that into consideration - not that it would necessarily change your mind, but it is something to prepare for.

• shera
    shera

I'm in a same race,relationship....but
    I would marry someone of a different race, if I loved the man and we had respect for one another.I don't see any thing wrong with it.

• Valis
    Valis
    Inter-racial couples recieve hard times in areas that are not culturally diverse.

You mean like the Kingdom Hall? I've seen inter-racial couples get the short end of the stick lots of times in the congo...sometimes its as subtle as a look, not getting invited to an event, and the warning off of the young about marrying or seeking relationships with those of another race. This happens from elders down to parents Mine being bigoted in a very subtle way with comments like "lazy" or "not trustworthy in business"....An example...My sister has an afinity for African American men to which our parents discouraged my sister from being interested in them and what did she do? When she got old enough to get out of the house she ran off and found the first black guy that would give her the time of day. Two crack babies and two stolen cars later, she's still married to him and plans to get back with him just as soon as he get out of the pen. Users come in all colors and they suck.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Solace
    Solace

Xena,

True, sometimes people will enter into relationships for reasons that arent totally pure. I honestly dont think this is limited to any particular race or gender though.

Danther,

Telling everyone about something that you experienced on a few occasions is different than saying "most black men" etc. I am referring to the following comments you made.

"I think that sometimes white women take advantage of black men.

I've seen too many cases of white women who are total head cases go for black men,

How do you know that these women are head cases, and what does the fact that they are white have to do with them being a head case?

"simply because they will put up with their crap and will kiss their ass from sunup to sundown."

How do you know that black men will kiss their asses from sunup to sun down? Are you there from the am to the pm?

Why would a black man put up with a white woman who's a head case?

I dont know why but they do.

Uhhhh,,, ohhhhkaaaay....... If you say so.

BTW, I was once dumped by a black guy. I guess I just wasnt the "ultimate" to him and he didnt feel like putting up with my being a "head case".

I dont condemn all or even most black men for his actions any more than I condemn all or most men for any one mans actions tward me.

No harm done,

Hey, you have your opinion and I have mine right?

• back2dafront
    back2dafront
    Two crack babies and two stolen cars later, she's still married to him and plans to get back with him just as soon as he get out of the pen. Users come in all colors and they suck.

Valis, I'm glad you can look at it like that even after what the parents were afraid of happening happened. I'm sure they like to say it's because he's black, but it's SO not a black thing. There's tons of losers in all races - you just gotta learn how to weed them out. You've got your thug, pimp-like Bobby Browns and you have your trashy Kid Rock's, none of which I'd want my daughter to get interested in. But if daughter liked someone like Denzel or Antonio Banderas....that's cool. Just gotta teach them what to look for in a prospectful mate of any color, that being a responsible person with values and high moral ethics. Unfortunately, it seems a lot of women go for the "bad boy" image like Tommy Lee and there's not much anyone can do but hope and pray they don't live to regret it.

• Xena
    Xena

Heaven,

I don't believe I said this WAS race or gender specific. I just gave some quotes to support what datherman stated, because it does sometimes happen that way...and then I stated no one knows ANYONE'S motives but that person...

• Valis
    Valis
    But if daughter liked someone like Denzel or Antonio Banderas....that's cool.

Yo back...No shit...I always wanted to retire early..*LOL*

I also think too that the kind of people one is attracted to is directly related to how mush ambition one has. I'm not talking about race either. You find women that are more ambitious are less likely to settle for the loser asshole that probably intends to use them anyway and people with little or no ambition will be drawn towards the same. I might be wrong, but I'm just speaking from my experience.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Heaven, I think I have said all that I want to say on this subject, and I'm sorry that I've offended you so much with my comments. But I don't think that what I've said is inaccurate or extreme. Relationships based on media-based myths and naive fantasized ideals are not healthy. And I think that SOMETIMES this is the case, as Spike Lee seems to recognize.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Hm, hasn't anyone made a nationalistic generalization yet?

I was in an "interracial" marriage, for six years. Canadians were better with accepting it than Americans, in general. Sure, we both occasionally faced some racism from the other "colour", but in the States it was almost comedic to see people left and right, tripping over themselves doing a double take at the two of us walking down the street together.

Then they would run screaming back home to their segregated little communities with barb-wired walls and locked gates around them. We just didn't garner this reaction in Canada. Americans must be more racist than Canadians.

Or perhaps it wuz our mukaluks and down coats that made a shocking spectacle of us?
    On second thought, maybe it wuz our brazen disregard
    for +10 degree celcius temperatures they found fear-inspiring,
    as opposed to our brown and white skins. lol

SPAZ

• Prisca
    Prisca

LOL @ Spaznik

As for the "national generalisations", the racism I encountered was in Italy. Many Italians assumed I was Italian (due to my dark features) and gave me some of the blackest (no pun intended) looks, as to say "Why aren't you with a good Italian boy?". Or they would look at him, as to say, "Why aren't you with someone of your own kind?"

Racism happens everywhere, not just in the good ole US of A

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit