Would You Marry A Person Of A Different Race?

by minimus 116 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I weren't married already, and were dating, I can't think of a reason why not.....I think if I were a bachelor, variety would be the spice of life....

ash

• larc
    larc

I would, but my wife said she won't let me.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I've been IN and OUT (now) of an interracial marriage myself. All I can say is.. problems come in all shapes and colors....

But I agree with the above comments that generally there is no problem unless you're doing it to make some kind of statement, (but I was almost driven to do that by parents who insisted such a marriage isn't God's will !!). And with Ashi's statement -- variety is the spice of life -- well put!!

I'm glad that people of different backgrounds and cultures can get together, and come to understand that at the end of the day, we all really have more similarities than we have differences.

Edited by - Gopher on 16 January 2003 11:50:35

• Gerard
    Gerard

There is only one race: HUMAN

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Let me think

Someone from a different race,do you mean in colour,looks, shape ,

if it was a good looking dog,maybee

maybee a cat well let me see

maybee a mouse or even a cow ,

My likes and dislikes dont come into it,i always know and beleive that variety was & is the spice of life,each person finds there own happiness,i sometimes wish i was a mormon or even a muslim as they both have great ideas, or used to have in having many wifes,but could you stand the pace imagine solomon having seven hundred wives & concubines each one of them smelling slightly different and tasting different (great ) why be closed as to life and textures especialy new seasons,dont you want to reach the stars ,live life in the fast lane,you whom complain of different bodily odours and smells,get a life as we often live this life using the same senses,for descerning night day good or bad ,use yours wisely otherwise you will never leave the planet earth go forth and prosper ,i bet yor farts dont smell

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

What an interesting question - my husband and I are of different races - I am from Venus and he is from Mars.

Men and women are so different in so many ways, we may aswell be from different planets - no doubt many of you would agree??????

As for being married - well life is usually boring without colour, so a little bit of this and a little bit of that mixes rather nicely thank you.

Nightwarrior and I are very colourful, and so are our children, and what a wonderful bunch we are - really good looking!!!!!

People can make choices in life and be stuck with them, but Jehovah is not partial, so neither am I....

Mrs Nightwarrior (the boss)

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

I did just that. My wife is Latina and we have been married for 37 years. Bug

• badwillie
    badwillie

We're all Pink inside.. hmmm ..think about it.

I am an Irish/English/German - American

My wife is Jamaican (born in the UK).

We celebrate the cultural differences. We were both very open minded before we met anyway. No two people of the same race are alike in all ways.

We have been married going on 12 years. We go out in public a lot together - restaurants, movies, malls, the beach, etc.

In all that time we have heard only 1 negative comment. A black guy said, "hey, couldn't you find a nice brother."

• LB
    LB

Of course, I'm straight and male and married a woman.

Oh, different race. Sure why not? Marriage usually indicates love. It's difficult to control who you fall in love with anyway. Unless you're a raging bigot.

Now if this thread was about a different species, ummm, well, a short affair with a goat wasn't as fufilling as one might think. I"ll stick with human.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Only if she was Dutch.............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit