Would You Marry A Person Of A Different Race?

by minimus 116 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace
    Solace

Xena,

I really didnt feel the racism was comming from you, just trying to explain my comments to Danth.

Danth,

I agree, we could talk this to death.

I just wanted to mention that you also spoke of a white woman you knew and that it was kindof understood that she only dated black men.

I dated a black guy and after this happend, I received alot of attention from his friends. Maybe it was because they knew that I was comfortable and not prejduduce? Not sure. I suppose if I were that woman, I would want to be around men who were giving me attention too, regardless of what color they were. Maybe she wouldnt have ignored a white man, had he approached her. Did you try to talk to her? Just because some of the guys said, "Shes gone black and will never go back" doesnt mean its true.

After all, I married a white man and continue to admire positive qualities in people off all races.

I also believe that love knows no color or gender but people have argued that point with me also.

Peace.

Edited by - heaven on 18 January 2003 22:26:41

• minimus
    minimus

Is a person that wouldn't marry another from a different race a racist?

• Solace
    Solace

Oh Minimus!!

Shutt up already! LOL

• Mac
    Mac

I'd marry a person that runs the 7 1/2k , you don't see that everyday!

mac

• Michael Collins
    Michael Collins

I'm Irish and I am dating a Russian girl. Does that count?

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have been told by black men that they prefer white women, b/c black women are harder to get along with and white women cater to them more. i also think this explains why a number of american men like oriental women. they cater to them more. on the other hand, a mumber of white men like the "attutitude' of black woman-as they call it.american men looking for women who will cater to them-unlike american woman. But european men like american women for their independence.

And so on . variety is what is wanted. all cultures have appealing things about them. And now that the internt has Opened up the world, well we just have more choices.

If i was very young and single, i would not let culture or race limit my choices. but now, in my late 40's , i generally prefer somone who speaks the same "language" as i do. this is more about culture , not about race.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I'm going out with a French girl, and she's hot! Vive la difference!

Michael Collins, I like the name! Where in Ireland are you from? We might know each other, or have mutual acquaintances. Email me if you don't want to reveal any personal info here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit