Would You Marry A Person Of A Different Race?

by minimus 116 Replies latest jw friends

• bigboi
    bigboi

I dunno, I've always been attracted to all types of women. I prefer the phenotype that is commonly referred to as redboned. Oh yeah that particular build and colour just does something to me. However, I think the late great emcee Big Punisher put it best when he stated, "I don't discriminate/ I regulate every shade of that ass"

That's right friends the bigster don't give a damn what color she is. I love em in all shapes, sizes, colors, attitudes etc.....

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Marriage iz against my religion.

• Solace
    Solace

Danth,

OK, I'll try to be a little more clear.

In my opinion, every comment you have made, that begins with, "Sometimes white women, or Sometimes black men" is generalizing, racist and sexist.

The fact is, people "sometimes" hurt and take advantage of other people.

This has NOTHING to do with someones race or gender.

It has everything to do with what type of person they are.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I had a lady friend once went to India for a few months and she reckoned that Indian guys would follow her around in virtual clumps propositioning her. Apparently its something that happens to white skinned gals over in places like that.

This might have more to do with the way they perceive Western women. I have traveled to Malaysia, on business, and had a similar experience. One of the men in the office, there, warned me that many of the men would think I was a loose woman. They think all Western women are like the women in American television shows. An easy conquest. It was a friendly warning, and I appreciated it.

One day, I wanted to walk to a nearby shopping center, and the concierge at the hotel, stopped me, and ordered the hotel car for me. He said I should NOT do that...........definitely NOT.

Edited by - mulan on 18 January 2003 11:1:27

• Xena
    Xena

Perhaps datheman is speaking of jungle fever?

Jungle Fever" is Spike Lee's term for unhealthy sexual attraction between the races - for relationships based on stereotypes. Too often, he believes, when blacks and whites go to bed with one another, they are motivated, not by love or affection, but by media-based myths about the sexual allure of the other race.
    Because I have heard Lee discuss the film, I know he believes that the Snipes and Sciorro characters are blinded to other issues by each other's blackness and whiteness - that she is intrigued by the myth of black male prowess, that he is fascinated by the ideal of white female beauty.

Apparently it DOES happen sometimes.....

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

DANTHMAN.

Hi there i replied this post previously,in your case you experienced the loss of a great looking woman to another man,ask yourself what did you do wrong to lose her it is irelavent whether the guy was black or white or any other colour,your point in saying that some black men ,from certain quaters are being taken advantage of ,as in the case of your lost love , she was owing thousands of dollars,well dan what part did you play in accumilating this debt or was she responsible for her own debts,maybee if you had helped settle the debts with her she may have felt more inclined towards you ,sometimes we are our own enemys ,in love and in war WHAT DIDNOT YOU DO FOR HER

you say this other man was a witness, well thats one strike against you,and she was thats 2nd strike against you, they got married 3rd strike,He took on her debts,strike4 (danny boy) your gone

You mention allso thatsome black men see white woman as trophys,well in some countrys they do 3rd world countrys ,my farther was from Africa,my mother white English IF SHE HAD GONE BACK TO AFRICA WITH HIM SHE WOULD HAVE BEEN TREATED AS A QUEEN, and yes he would have had a trophy on his arm for all his village kinsfolk to see, but that was 40 years ago ,today in 2003 ther is no such thing as a black man having a trophy on his arm,his girlfriend or wife yes,i know that in certain parts of america mixed marriages are not accepted,well the mentality of those objecting is that they still see the black man as slaves whom have only recently been educated whom are not as clever as whites allthough recent education long denied to them has produced lawyers/doctors /dentists /judges/ scientists/ university students/all fabrics to make up a society,but given the history of americans killing of all natural american indians/is it any wonder that the indian spirits will not them settle in peace in there own lands ,why america is a stolen land stolen from the indians are the restless spitits causing earthquakes and earthquakes for all the badness heaped upon them

I guess that some people just have differnt viewpoints or experiences in life we must except them as in dans case he is still hurting ,but i think dan is a nice person whom just wanted a simple posting of his feelings which has turned into a backlash .

know this that you are not on this earth long enough to worry about other nationalitys likes and dislikes,i beleive we are all brothers, both black and white my best friend is white ,he has stood by me and i stood by him in seriouse happenings, but i dont like all blacks or whites ,my preferences are mine and mine alone .

dan move on there are more fish in the sea.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Xena:

THANK YOU!!

All I was ever trying to say is that IMO sometimes the motives and maturity are questionable.

That Wayans Bros skit that I mentioned earlier went something like this:

A black comedian is doing a standup bit in front of a rowdy black audience.

"Those white boys are fools ain't they?" (uproarious laughter and approval from the audience)

"But those white women, oh yeah baby" (once again the audience gives raucous approval)

Then he repeats the exact same lines, to the exact same response, like 4 or 5 times. It was hilarious, I enjoyed the honesty of it. It's like the Wayans were trying to say, OK homey, get over it.

Edited by - dantheman on 18 January 2003 11:39:25

• Englishman
    Englishman

I once dated a stunning redhead. No hair of course, just a red head.

Englishman.

• Xena
    Xena

Relationships are complicated things...made up of lots of variables...ultimately the only person that knows what their motivation was for initiating a relationship is that person themselves...but sometimes you can hazard guess at their motives by viewing their actions....

I am sure Anna Nicole would tell you she loved her rich old guy....

• nilfun
    nilfun

LoL Englishman. That was funny!

*nilfun, who has to wipe the chai off her monitor now*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit