I'm banned from the Silentlambs Website

by Trauma_Hound 138 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Southland
    Southland

Hey, Freeman,

It's distracting to read your posts in such big letters! Can you use a normal sized font? :)

• Hmmm
    Hmmm
    Ok, once again, for the people that can't comprehend...

Yes. I certainly agree that there is a communication problem. For example, you keep missing my questions: Why complain about this publically, and on a site other than silentlambs.org? Why not resolve this in a professional manner via email?

Whatever the case, my hat is off to you: You obviously have a lot of knowledge of scripting for one so young.

Hmmm

Edited by - hmmm on 6 January 2003 13:18:37

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Freeman,

No ... you did not shoot yourself in the foot. You are right to just let it be.

We should get together sometime in the future.

hawk

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I have no idea what all that means, but I guess I'm clear from the accusations, I had access to the site that was on MY server, not the current site. That site which has been deleted by the way, per silentlambs request. I have no idea what security holes could be in the current site, but it's probably not a good idea to announce to the public that they may still be there. I would have waited until you knew they were fixed. Judging from the amount of hack attempts and over-all attacks on silentlambs when I had it (on MY server), that may have been a huge mistake. I hope they get these things fixed quick, if they truly existed and are still an issue. Perhaps, with all your experience, you should take a quick spin through the site and fix it before it's too late.

By the way, there have been some questions directed my way concerning the current site. I DID NOT build that site, nor did I have anything to do with it at all. Nor did I have access. The person who DID build the site stated so publicly, and you can see that below. But He is GOOD man, and by no means do I believe he would have tampered with the site in a malicious way! I think coming here, freeman, and shooting off 'undirected' accusations is almost more dangerous than actually accusing someone directly. At least if you make allegations against one individual, they can defend themselves. If you just throw a sloppy mess like this out there, well then people can make up their own minds about who you speak of. It's human nature to sit here and speculate as to who this terrible person might be. In effect, your words may be harming the good name of several people rather than just one. I'd rethink the way you've posted these things, it's not a safe way to operate, IMHO. As for your defense of Bill, you sound just like I did 2 months ago :) - More power to ya my friend, but you might want to lower the size of your text, it's impossible to read without wanting to hang yourself.

• rem
    rem

Trauma_Hound = Drama_Queen

rem

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

rem=assclown, oh look I can do it too, feel superior lamer? Bet you haven't done anything but sit on your ass all day! It's too bad a fellow linux user, would act like an idiot. For anyone that hasn't seen the original guestbook on the silentlambs website, since it was changed, both Revmalk and me, challenged Bill to come up with any proof of his allegations. http://www.silentlambs.org/guestbook/index.php?guestbook=view

Edited by - Trauma_Hound on 6 January 2003 17:37:17

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

TH

I saw you mention in another thread that BB is having a problem with delegating duties. If this is the case, and you think it is a problem. I would suggest that you support any efforts he makes towards trying to delegate duties. As an example, the hosting and development of his site. If he has announced that someone is in charge of the site, I would only go directly to that person and leave BB out of it completely. That person could report it to BB if he sees the need, and thus the chain of command develops. By going to both and getting upset because you do not see immediate change, is adding to the very problem you yourself noticed.

Personally, I think your motive was in the right place. I think online security is a huge issue in this day and age. At the same time, I could only sit back and imagine all that BB must handle on any given day and I would really think about how I could relieve some of that stress. One way to me, is reporting to the person in charge and just leaving BB out of it. If in time that person does not fix what you point out, and I stress in time, I would then address it to BB. You might also offer your services later, to replace the person he currently has assigned.

Hope this advice does not fall on deaf ears or turn into an insult that was not intended.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Many people, have been suggesting to bill to delegate things, for a long time, it falls on deaf ears. I offered to put a site up backin october, noboby knows who the new admin is, except bill. Bill was the one that made the decision to ban people, he's the one that told the admin to do it. All things go through bill period. You will find this out very quickly, if you have any interaction with him.

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

TH

I have never spoken to him directly. I have only read his site and what is mentioned online at Ex-Jw boards. It is unfortunate that he would run the organization in such a way. It causes a little bit of everything to be started, but a whole lot of nothing to be finished.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Exactly! Especially when you have people, that have alot more experience with certain jobs than him. Especially jobs, he has no experience with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit