I'm banned from the Silentlambs Website

by Trauma_Hound 138 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Oh ya, and I can probibly get the voice over portion, done in multiple languages also. At least Spanish and English.

Edited by - Trauma_Hound on 7 January 2003 2:27:14

• Simon
    Simon

I think that none of this is really helping silentlambs and things are being said that will not help any situation.

Lot's of people have done lot's of things, some like to take credit and some stay 'unsung heros' in the background. The main thing though is that anyone doing anything do it because they want to help.

I think, with hindsight, that he is right to use a 3rd party 'webmaster' as it does avoid the problems of poeple getting emotionally involved and falling out (and what happens if poeple fall out). It does make some sense.

Now, if I offer help to a charity or group and they don't want to use it ... then that is their choice just as it is Bill's choice how LS is run.

We don't have to be one big unitied group to succeed, nove even all working in the same direction at the same time, just not fighting each other!

Now, I would strongly suggest we let this go now because it is not helping any victims if they just see bitterness and fighting between the people who are offering help.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    Now, if I offer help to a charity or group and they don't want to use it ... then that is their choice just as it is Bill's choice how LS is run.

Simone that's not what happened in this case, I offered to take it over, he accepted, and then immediatly fired me, without even telling me. I had to find out 3rd hand.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ex-Pat Brit is spot on in his assessment.

The key to expansion is delegation, delegation, delegation, asuming it is done in a manner that doesn't detract from the integrity of those already aboard.

Englishman.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Plus when I read his open letter to the WTBTS, it read like to me he's trying to help reform the WT's policy on the child abuse thing while at the same time sounding like he hasn't forsaken the WT altogether. It gave me the impression that if he ever accomplished all of his goals in regards to the WT, he sounded like he wants to be reinstated and come back full time serving the WT.

Now am I wrong in this impression? Please correct me if I am.

You are probably correct to draw that conclusion, but that does not necessarily mean that BB wants that.

Example:

Lets "assume" BB would like nothing more then to see the WTS burn to the ground with the GB in it.

If he were to express that openly in a public statement, what kind of impression would the public have of him then?

He would probably be viewed an extremist with an ax to grind and not be taken seriously.

That is what typically happens if you go by past examples. If nothing else, it would be taking a big risk at the expense of others.

Just my $4.25.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    Is there a board of directors, as this phrase would indicate?

Yes, there's a Board of Directors, Bill and his wife. And that's all there'll ever be.

The way I see it.~~Rev

This is simply not true.*

This is the reason I do not like threads that speculate as to what someone is actually thinking and inserts word(s) into ones mouth such as "untrustworthy ex-jw's", which was never said at all, but by a detractor and many picked up on it. This reminds me of the game "telephone" I played as a child, wherein a word or phrase was repeated until it was devoid of the original meaning.

I detest seeing mendacity or misrepresentation because one is hurting and irate due to anothers unwarranted behavior. If one is upset then try to state the facts, devoid of as much emotion as one can possibly muster. For when emotion becomes involved this is when facts are skewed and slanted.

I am not referring to this thread only, but to all threads such as this, where "debates" have gone to extremes, and slowly deteriorated to a game of telephone.

*Initial Directors / Incorporators
    *WILLIAM H. BOWEN INCORPORATOR
    *WILLIAM H. BOWEN INITIAL DIRECTOR
    *SHEILA ANN BOWEN INITIAL DIRECTOR
    *L. RUSH HUNT INITIAL DIRECTOR
    *Current Officers
    *William H Bowen Director
    *Rush Hunt Director
    *Rush Hunt Secretary
    *Sheila A Bowen

http://www.kysos.com/corporate2/showenti.asp?id=0515853&seq=99999&ctype=09

edit~~spelling/format

Edited by - cassiline on 7 January 2003 7:3:42

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

As far as what I know, Rush Hunt doesn't have anything to do with this anymore. But I agree, I don't like speculation either, but then again, if he'd answer the questions when asked no-one would have to speculate now would they?

Simon,

I didn't know that this thread was argumentative. I actually thought this was one of the more level minded threads on the topic. I think just about all of us pointed out the good right along with the bad. I didn't realize that this was an all out 'attack' on Bill. Like I have said, I still support the cause, and if Bill ever needed my help again, I'd lend it, and TH said the same. If I offended anyone, I apologize, I just looked at this as an adult discussion. If we feel like we can't talk about these things, then our feelings will just build up until we want nothing to do with any of this. Some good could come out of these things. Some things that people don't know, and have speculated in their heads can be answered and set their minds at ease. I agree with you on some of the threads that just go wild, but I thought we were being civilized here, and I thought we made a bit of progress as well. Also, it seems that just about everyone is in agreement on the opinion that silentlambs needs to learn to delegate matters, and that there should be a Board of Directors appointed. Who knows, if enough minds are changed surrounding Bill, maybe someone will be able to convince him of these things, and the cause will be better for it. But, it's your board, and I certainly don't want to cause problems.

I'll take the hint and fade on this subject, but just know I didn't mean any harm, just voicing my opinions, that's all. I wish all the best for Bill and his endeavors.

• Simon
    Simon

I wasn't targetting my comments at anyone Rev, I just thought that it's easy for these things to escalate with innocent and unconnected events being tied together and built on and I think that we should remember and be mindful of what Bill has done and the pressure that he is shouldering.

It is easy to criticise and yes, find things that have been done wrong, but it would be wrong to "throw out the baby with the bathwater" and dismiss SL completely because of a few mistakes. I know I too have been just as guilty of doing this.

I think instead it would be helpful to approach it in terms of "why would Bill be saying / doing this?". Maybe it's the pressure that he is under? Maybe he needs our help (without any strings attached).

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

That's the thing Simon, help was offered without strings attached, and because of the events that happened, the only strings I attached were for my questions to be answered. Anyone that is honest and forthright wouldn't have a problem with the questions I asked. Bill is paying someone to do the site, that's fine, but he's never offered any of us things, like tax reciepts, since you can write this off on your taxes, it's hardly fair to pay someone, and not offer tax reciepts to the people you got to do things free.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    I wasn't targetting my comments at anyone Rev, I just thought that it's easy for these things to escalate with innocent and unconnected events being tied together and built on and I think that we should remember and be mindful of what Bill has done and the pressure that he is shouldering.

This is true, and I'm sure he's under a tremendous amount of pressure. I guess I am a bit guilty of doing a little 'venting' here. I'll try and watch my mouth, it's just that sometimes it's hard to do. You know, you went through this crap with someone else as well, it gets to a guy after a while. But one thing is for sure, for at least most of us. If we didn't care, we wouldn't say anything at all, so I believe most anyway have good intentions. I think alot of this frustration comes because we'd like to help, but aren't allowed to, or some don't because they don't agree with certain things. You know, maybe someone should come up with a game plan for things that people can do, and not have to abide by the rules of any one organization. I know I've seen a thing or two here and there, but maybe we can direct them all into one place. I for one think that localization of this project is the way to go. If it weren't for the phobia of knocking on doors I'd say we could all go from door to door with a petition. That was actually my wife's idea, and I said "What are you nuts, we did that once, haha". Actually, I'd do it again myself, I don't have a problem with it. At least this time I know I have a good message.

It is easy to criticise and yes, find things that have been done wrong, but it would be wrong to "throw out the baby with the bathwater" and dismiss SL completely because of a few mistakes. I know I too have been just as guilty of doing this.

This is true as well, but then again we can't blame those that do give up. Everything in life is made up of choices, and for some enough is enough. I know mistakes are made by everyone, no-one is immune, but rectifying those mistakes is the sign of a learned experience.

I think instead it would be helpful to approach it in terms of "why would Bill be saying / doing this?". Maybe it's the pressure that he is under? Maybe he needs our help (without any strings attached).

I'm willing to help the cause in whatever way I'm needed. Since I've been kicked out of the SL 'loop' I'll have to find my own way, and I suggest other's do as well, those of us that can't or won't work with SL. It's one thing to criticize when you're actually doing something yourself, it's totally different if you sit around and complain and do nothing. Not that I'm talking about anyone in particular, but that's what I figured out for myself. Problem is, when you try and do that, you yourself end up being on the criticized end of the stick. But even if people just spread the word. Leave flyers at the Dr's office, or the supermarket.....everywhere.....or a message on the backside of all your outgoing mail, ads in money savers (Many are free for nonprofit).....even telling your co-workers, and friends....That's the kinds of things we can be doing, and it can mean saving lives....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit