I'm banned from the Silentlambs Website

by Trauma_Hound 138 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LB
    LB

I love you all you kids

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

The reason BB does not want to use xjw's is very simple.

1. He still thinks of himself as being a JW. He cannot comprehend that he is indeed now an xjw himself. - He has never left the WT, the WT left him mentality.

2. An xjw = APOSTATE (according to the WT)

3. He desparately want his SL Org to be accepted by the WT Society.

4. He wants current JW's to seek out the SL Org for help, and he knows that they will not associate with xjw's because that would be associating with "known apostates".

5. Therefore BB can only use current JW's in good standing or those who have never been a JW.

NewLight2

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    5. Therefore BB can only use current JW's in good standing or those who have never been a JW.

It was ex jw's that got this out in the open as far as the media was concerned. So, I guess exjws are ok, but only when it suits their needs?

Expat, normally I'd agree with you on this but, it was the ex/df'd jws that brought this issue to the public. Now it's as if they are being abused all over again IMHO.

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

Every support group I have ever seen, uses people who have recovered or are recovering to lend support to those just beginning to heal. It has been proven to work, time and time again. If you are saying, "do not trust Ex-Jw" then you are saying you are still a Jehovah's Witnesses. As the term and title "Ex-Jw" means nothing. I thought it was suppose to be "all about the children" and not about religion. So many huge operations and organizations have failed when they went for "expert" advice and did not look into the wealth of information that exist right in front of them. Please, do not support everything BB says for the sake of just thinking "I can not accept anything negative about silentlambs and must support each thing." That is no different then saying "I can not accept anything negative about Jehovah's Witnesses and must support each thing." If someone says something insulting, be insulted for God's sake. It does not mean you are turning on abuse victims, it just means you are being protective of them.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Lilacs:

I don't know if you're referring to x-jw's in general, or just the x-jw's that are also abuse victims, when you say they are being abused again. I'll assume the latter, since you said "abused again".

You had mentioned that in alcoholics anonymous, recovered alcoholics help existing alcoholics. This is a wonderful thing, but I would ask: does AA let just any recovered alcoholic off the street do this? And do they let them do it without any training?

I think there is a saying in the medical field "first do no harm". That takes professional training, surely. So I would ask, just because a person has been abused, does that automatically qualify them to provide abuse counselling, or to have a significant say in how a not-for-profit in the area of abuse is run and organised?

To illustrate: one of the not-for-profits I work with helps offenders reintegrate into society after serving their sentences. Now, should that not-for-profit be run by ex-cons simply because they are the group concerned? Of course not. It takes professionals with training to handle the various aspects of the reintegration process, and it takes professionals with training to look after the administrative, funding and legal areas too.

Bill Bowen has no professional qualifications (as far as I know). This is why if Silentlambs is to grow, it needs professionally trained people. I don't see how doing that is re-abusing the victims.

Expatbrit

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I don't have a problem with him using non-jws, it just seems odd to me that he'd exclude an ex-jw....

It's prejudice and frankly illegal. If he was that concerned about TH being unemployed, then he could have paid him, instead of paying someone else. As a matter of fact, Bill told me that TH was taking the site over, and I believe he told TH as well. As a matter of fact, he decided against TH AFTER he gave him passwords to the system (This is the old system, not the current one that has alleged security issues). Trauma saw a post I made somewhere about sticking around a bit longer, and he was shocked, Bill didn't even tell him that he decided against using him!

So, here you have Bill telling someone else (above) that TH would be a good choice, and that he had the know-how to do the job, but he feared it would be too much since TH is/was unemployed. So the obvious thing for Bill to do at that point, instead of helping out an Abuse Survivor who's out of work, is to HIRE an outside source? Seems odd to me. Especially since he told TH he had the job! When I resigned, Bill had 'hired' TH just hours later. He was in a bind you see, and there TH was, so he figured he'd use him for what he's worth. Classic behavior. Then he talks me into staying for a bit longer. Then BOOM, he fires TH without informing him, and fires me, and THEN dumps it all back on poor webby who just wants out! The guy is a Pastor and a father, he doesn't need this crap, and meanwhile Bill hasn't hired anyone yet. Why? Because he knows he can take advantage of Webby for as long as he likes. He's a nice guy that has difficulty telling Bill no.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

ExPat,

For what it is worth, I concur with both your posts completely. A mix of reasoned business heads and an impassioned 'driver' has in my experience always driven not-for-profits into a long term life.

Best regards - HS

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

expatbrit:

I have a degree in communications technologies, for those that don't know what that is, it's has to do with Radio, and Television, that includes all aspects. I've done more TV, then Bill has in the last two years, I know about media, because on of my jobs, was doing news breaks, and entertainment reports on live TV. As well as gathering the information to send reporters out, as well as everything else that goes on behind the scenes, so I think I'm pretty damned qaulified, when it comes to media things. Hell I even own two cameras, and my own 100% digital non-linear editing suite. I've also built many websites, I can do backend server scripting from the ground up. I've helped run 501 (c) (3)'s non-profit corps, been on the BOD of one, so what exact qaulifications are you looking for? Bill doesn't know how to deligate, and well, I think SL is just going to burn itself out. Bill told me he hired someone to do the site, this was almost 3 weeks ago, I could have had a new site up in an hour, with all the features he was looking for, it's called, not re-inventing the wheel. He claims to be so concerned about a stable site, and something up quick, but he told me on the phone last night that he's overwhelmed, he's brought this on himself, had he actually taken me up on my offer, back in October, we wouldn't be where we are now with the site. I'm thinking about starting an org, or going in with some people to start a new org, that doesn't have one central person in charge of everything, and actually has a real BOD, with bylaws.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

TH, could you please send me an e-mail about something unrelated to this thread? Thanks

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    I think there is a saying in the medical field "first do no harm". That takes professional training, surely. So I would ask, just because a person has been abused, does that automatically qualify them to provide abuse counselling, or to have a significant say in how a not-for-profit in the area of abuse is run and organised?

To illustrate: one of the not-for-profits I work with helps offenders reintegrate into society after serving their sentences. Now, should that not-for-profit be run by ex-cons simply because they are the group concerned? Of course not. It takes professionals with training to handle the various aspects of the reintegration process, and it takes professionals with training to look after the administrative, funding and legal areas too.

Bill Bowen has no professional qualifications (as far as I know). This is why if Silentlambs is to grow, it needs professionally trained people. I don't see how doing that is re-abusing the victims.

Expatbrit

The problem here is, that TH is more than qualified for a number of uses within the SL org. Bill wouldn't have ever asked him to take care of these things in the first place had he not been. No-one is saying that Bill should hire someone to do things they're not qualified to handle. But when you hire someone don't fire them without telling them! TH has done MANY things for the cause, and for silentlambs, the whole thing comes down to this; Bill is continuing to alienate those around him, and he's killing what could have been a wonderful team. Why doesn't he want guys like me and TH around anymore? Because 1) he couldn't control our minds 2) Because he felt threatened by us. He doesn't have the know-how for many thing, especially the website, and he felt threatened because he felt he wasn't in control, and Bill HAS to be in control of everything and everyone. Hell, you can't even post in his guestbook anymore without him reading it first. You think the Abuse Victims/Survivors have time to wait for Bill to read all the guestbook entries?

And as for Bill assigning a new Board of Directors? That's a great big "LOL"....no, it's a "LMFAO".

Why don't you call him and suggest it yourself. You will receive a flat our "NO!" just like everyone else has...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit