I'm banned from the Silentlambs Website

by Trauma_Hound 138 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Donkey,

I stand by what I wrote. They don't need to do anything to Silentlambs website - they will not be brought down by silentlambs or any other apostate cause. Anyone believing anything else is suffering from delusions of grandeur. They have enough money to fight the battles they face and enough power over their followers to make them do just about anything.

I don't agree with a lot of the stuff you post Donkey but this one so makes sense!

Did anyone maybe think of the faact that the guy running the SL site, (NOT BILL) just panicked, worried that BB would find out his code wasn't up to scratch and banned T_H until he could figure out what to do, without BB finding out?

Just wondering, maybe when BB finds out about this, the guy running the site might be looking for another IT job?

Just MHO, maybe totally off the ball here.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

RevMalk,

Rest easy and relax. Only the naive would be confused at to what is really happening here, your credibility is not the one that is being impeached. The reason that you are not receiving the public defense that you feel is due is that many fear the personal repercussions in publicly questioning the methodology of SL, just as they did the GB when enslaved by the WTS. Some fear that drawing attention publicly to SL issues will damage SL and that they will then be personally responsible for survivors of abuse not receiving the help that they desperately need. Again, this sort of emotional blackmail and dare I say abuse, is not new to WTS survivors.

I understand the loyalty that is being shown to SL. What I will say is that loyalty is a beautiful gift to give, but it should never be given at the sacrifice of justice and honor.

Step away from this one Rev, attend to your family and leave it be, time runs like a fuse through all things and this issue is no exception.

Kindest regards - HS

• LDH
    LDH

((((((((Hillary)))))))))))

Just wanted to say I love you.

Lisa

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Bill told me on the phone, he told the admin to unban me, it's now 2 1/2 hours later, and even had an e-mail from the admin, after I sent him the code that would fix the hole. Still banned. I asked about proof against Revmalk, bill has never sent me any proof. And in one e-mail, where I wasn't even discussing rev, he brought him up, and told me to investigate him instead.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

The reason that you are not receiving the public defense that you feel is due is that many fear the personal repercussions in publicly questioning the methodology of SL, just as they did the GB when enslaved by the WTS. Some fear that drawing attention publicly to SL issues will damage SL and that they will then be personally responsible for survivors of abuse not receiving the help that they desperately need.

Thank You HS, I do understand this, I really do. It's just that sometimes it gets the better of me. I've never been so hurt in my life. Not so much anger and hatred, but shear pain in my heart. I feel abused all over again like I never have before, and it's very confusing for me. I never believed the WT hogwash, so I never experienced the feeling of betrayal when I left, but I feel it right now. I believed so much in silentlambs, more so than anything in my life, and to be stabbed in the back for something that meant so much to me, and by a friend that also meant alot to me, it's just shocking, confusing and unbelievable to me. On the same token, I was proud to help with silentlambs, proud to be a part of something, and proud that I was doing something good in this crazy world, and to have that thrown out to the public as deceit, and to be made out to be a criminal, and a 'watchtower spy', and so on, I just want to scream......well, you know what I mean, this has happened to you as well.

Thank you again, I know most aren't buying this line of garbage, but it hurts just the same.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I asked about proof against Revmalk, bill has never sent me any proof. And in one e-mail, where I wasn't even discussing rev, he brought him up, and told me to investigate him instead.

You're not the first that has been told to investigate me. Many have, probably more than I know. Of course they'll come up with nothing, but they can certainly try.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

LOL, how pathetic, they changed the post to guestbook link to a mailto tag, so I guess to post to the guestbook you have to e-mail bill. Guess what, I just posted in it, instead of fixing the problem, via the 2 lines of script I sent them, they just put a bandaid on it.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Lisa,

Reciprocated and amplified. Your sentiments are viewed with even more thanks as I know that they come from a women who clearly has her own mind, and an unintimidated one at that!

Kindest to you and your family - HS

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

TH,

Whooooooahhhhhh! Draw back those fangs kiddo!

I did neither of these things. I modified none of the website. I didn't hack the site, or did you not read what I said? That would require hacking the site.

I read what you wrote, we just seem to be having a minor problem with comprehension.

I wasn't sure (and admitted as much) what you meant by a 'benign demonstration'. In a later post you mentioned a pop-up window telling BB to contact you. I assumed this meant you changed the content of his site to produce said pop-up. If you did that, then you DID "hack" the site in the sense that any unauthorized access and/or modification can generally (ignoring the nuances between white/black hat hacking and cracking) be considered hacking.

On the other hand if you had, say, linked to a dummy site on your server with the pop-up being demonstrated there (thus not involving the SL site) then I would agree that you did absolutely nothing wrong. I was merely saying the same thing freeman did... if you--even with the best intentions--compromise the security of a web site, the site admin is going to have a fit! I'm sure this third-party admin bans the IPs and/or domains of all attempted hacks as a matter of policy.

and I don't think it helps to bring in extraneous technical/hosting issues.

It had nothing to do with a technical/hosting issue, the issue, was I was banned at the server level from the site. I hosted his goddamn videos, used my goddamn bandwidth, to host those f&^^%ing videos, and this is the way he treats me?

This would have nothing to do with BB. Methinks it would be more appropriate to call the site admin who banned you a Mother #(%^#er rather than Bill.

And I'm still left with the question: Why bring this up here? Why not resolve the issue privately with Bill and his Admin via email?

I won't kick your ass, but you can kiss mine.

Won't the donut pillow get in the way?

Seriously Trauma, I know you had the best intentions. Any web admin worth his salt should be glad to be informed of potential security holes by friendly sources. Don't take things so seriously. Sit back, pop a cold one, and take care of your keister. I bruised my tailbone playing football once, and I couldn't walk or sit for a week.

Hmmm

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

TH

Just a simple question. Did BB or silentlambs know you were performing security test or ask you to do so? Reason I ask, is that I might be a little upset at someone if they did what you did to me. Some people take things like that and say "thanks" and others take something like that as an insult to their intelligence. I am not assuming that is the case, but in the future you might learn from this and come at the situation a little easier and low key. So as not to offend anyone. Especially if it is a situation like this one, where they have been attacked recently and are worried about Jehovah's Witnesses messing with them. I hope you do not see this as an insult, I am only trying to show that some people do not react in a way that makes sense to us. To me that is what communication teaches us, that everyone sees things based on their life and history and not ours.

Edited by - whyhideit on 6 January 2003 2:45:35

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit