I'm banned from the Silentlambs Website

by Trauma_Hound 138 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• freeman
    freeman

Whyhideit,

I like your approach however I fear the rift may be to wide at this point and its hard for people to back down after a certain point. I happen to know for a fact that Bill Bowen has/had something that needed to be done and that TH is well qualified to do it but Bill specifically did not ask TH to do it because he was concerned that TH had enough to worry about because of his employment status.

Siege mentality is what I see going on here, and that is to bad because it replaces coherent thought. I only wish I could sit RevMal, Trauma, and Bill down and get you guys shit-faced and maybe we could all have a good laugh over this. And if that didnt work, maybe Hawkaw and me could get blasted, sit on the side and watch you guys beat the shit out of each other while we laugh our asses off until we puke. J

I dont want to get all mushy or anything, but most of us were JWs at one time and many of us sacrificed a lot because of this and we stayed JWs until we saw the light, largely because we wanted to do the right thing. What Im saying is that within the X-JW community are probably some pretty good people. I dont really know you folks and you dont really know me, but based on what I do know about X-JWs, I would say the odds are you are all pretty much OK.

Just something to think about as you decide if you want to work things out with each other or not. The choice is yours and the ball is in your court.

Freeman

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

This is the reason why he didn't use me, this is a direct quote from an e-mail he sent me:

"As you may recall I gave my word to work with this person and I plan to keep it. Also as
    mentioned people associated with silentlambs have discussed it and we
    have come to the decision to not use xjw's or forum posters as
    webmasters for silentlambs website. It is nothing personal against you
    in any way it is now a policy of silentlambs from lessons we have
    learned the hard way. I would never want to take you away from the
    forums and could never change your status as an xjw. We have to think
    about the media as well as the needs of educating and providing a
    resource to abuse survivors."

I guess it's ok to discrimate against XJW's, oh my god I post in forums, hmm isn't he an xjw? Didn't he used to post in forums? I post in other non-xjw related forums also. Think about the media? I was part of the media dumbass, you don't have that experience Mr. Bowen, I know how the media works, that's why my press release, actually had people show up at it, because I rewrote it. The press releases I've seen have been amaturist at best. They need to be short and sweet, K.I.S.S. (Keep it stimple, stupid).

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    I only wish I could sit RevMal, Trauma, and Bill down and get you guys shit-faced and maybe we could all have a good laugh over this. And if that didnt work, maybe Hawkaw and me could get blasted, sit on the side and watch you guys beat the shit out of each other while we laugh our asses off until we puke.

Hey, I'm game, sign me up.

I gave my word to work with this person and I plan to keep it.

From what I just heard 10 minutes ago, there is no 'other person' yet. He only has plans to hire someone. meanwhile he's dumping all this in Webby. Nice guy Bill, quit using people for crying out loud, and come meet me and TH and freeman, we're gonna have a good ol' time

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    we have come to the decision to not use xjw's

And just why is that? The main reason SilentLambs was even started was because of JW's and EX JW's in the first place.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

ex-jws are untrustworthy, don't you know that??

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    ex-jws are untrustworthy, don't you know that??

Hmm, exjws= untrustworthy And Bill Bowen is?

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

Hmm, exjws= untrustworthy And Bill Bowen is?

untrustworthy? You said it not me :)

• whyhideit
    whyhideit

I never heard BB say that before in post. If that is true, then it makes me feel a little sick inside.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Well, I was actually pointing more towards BB= exjw but then that would point back to ejw= untrustworthy. Same thing I guess.

What I don't understand is why exjw's are not allowed. After all, we are the ones who lived through the abuse. Battered womens shelters normally have former battered women involved with helping the cause. AA has recovering alcoholics helping other alcoholics. etc.....

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Lilacs:

I happen to agree with Bill Bowen here, based on my experience working with not-for-profits. One of the reasons that it is better to use people who are not x-jw's is because they have a measure of separation from the issue. In other words, they can be more objective and less clouded by emotion. Another reason is that if you use "outsider's" businesses for the goods and services you need, and you pay them, there is a greater measure of efficiency and professionalism in the delivery. Not-for-profits need to be run (and to use the dreaded word: organised) like businesses, or they will not survive long enough to accomplish the goals they wish to achieve. More so in fact, for business give people something tangible in return for their money, not-for-profits merely ask for their money with no immediate and tangible result in return.

Should Bill Bowen decide to create a larger board of directors for Silentlambs (as he should soon), it would be good to include a large percentage of non x-jw's, as well as professionals with training in the areas of finance, law, media and of course abuse counselling. The vast majority of x-jw's know nothing on the various subjects required, nor do they have any training in the counselling and help techniques that victims need. It may seem harsh to say it, but the fact is that someone who does not have any of these qualifications is of very little use, and a multitude of them all arguing over their own uninformed opinions serves only to delay and derail the progress of the not-for-profit. As these discussion boards have shown, x-jw's would have difficulty organising a hotdog stand without a flame war.

Not a popular viewpoint, I'm sure, but that's the real world of life as a not-for-profit.

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit