I'm banned from the Silentlambs Website

by Trauma_Hound 138 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Webmaster

A person responsible for the implementation of a Web site. Webmasters must be proficient in HTML as well as one or more scripting and interface languages such as JavaScript and Perl. They may also have experience with more than one type of Web server. See Web administrator and Webmistress

A Webmaster does not need to be proficient in areas of abuse. S/he just need to assure that the site runs smoothly and assure that information is available at all times.

I think some are giving this new job a little too much in the area of whom they are and what they should know. Do some believe that the Webmaster of www.kraft.com know all about cheese?

Let me ask it another way. Did Ray Franz when publishing his book only use ex-jws to publish it or advertise his book? If he made the decision not to use and ex-jw an announced it would he be harassed endlessly?

When I heard of 1-800-why1914 it was not through an ex-jw. I found it through a completely unrelated site. Thank goodness for if it had not been for that non-ex-jw advertiser I would still feel pangs of distress and panic at the mention of Armageddon.

Lilacs my comment was not directed at you in anyway. I see much speculation going on as to why someone is doing something and why.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    NewLight2 - The reason BB does not want to use xjw's is very simple.

1. He still thinks of himself as being a JW. He cannot comprehend that he is indeed now an xjw himself. - He has never left the WT, the WT left him mentality.

2. An xjw = APOSTATE (according to the WT)

3. He desparately want his SL Org to be accepted by the WT Society.

4. He wants current JW's to seek out the SL Org for help, and he knows that they will not associate with xjw's because that would be associating with "known apostates".

5. Therefore BB can only use current JW's in good standing or those who have never been a JW.

That was my impression too. I posted that too earlier on this thread. I think Bill is out trying to save the WTBS and reform it. That'll never happen. Bill is lying to himself and he's in dellusion. He'll never be reinstated, ever. He's gone for good.

Yizuman

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

I would just like to add that if anyone would like an axe to grind, I have plenty to spare . And now I'm off to bed!

Expatbrit

• Farkel
    Farkel

teejay,

: You're not really surprised by today's events are you, Charlie?

: I mean... you saw this coming, right? After all... you know who you're dealing with. Right?

Sad. So sad. I don't even have the energy to call Bill and ask him about it, and I just don't even have the energy to swim in this stuff anymore. I started as part of this project long before silentlambs was even conceived. I've been quietly working on it in my own way for several years. It never was in my hands alone. I was just part of a team of players. I blame no one publicly for what has transpired, either. That being said, I'm still saddened by what has transpired and is transpiring.

Farkel

• Brummie
    Brummie

If someone has an axe to grind then let them grind it. Who gave them the axe in the first place? The Watchtower gave me one and I like to keep it sharp at their roots.

I think everyone here is and has been pretty reasonable, its one of the more sober threads.

Yiz

I think Bill is out trying to save the WTBS and reform it. That'll never happen. Bill is lying to himself and he's in dellusion

Yiz that just AINT so, have you ever met the guy or spoken to him? Thought not. You really have the wrong view of him, I disagree with him on quite a few things but he sure isnt the guy you picture. Perhaps you are lying to yourself. The Watchtower is delusional and lying to itself if it thinks BB is even remotely interested in going back or reforming it.

Brummie

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Yiz that just AINT so, have you ever met the guy or spoken to him? Thought not. You really have the wrong view of him, I disagree with him on quite a few things but he sure isnt the guy you picture. Perhaps you are lying to yourself. The Watchtower is delusional and lying to itself if it thinks BB is even remotely interested in going back or reforming it.

Well, I plead guilty for not knowing him.

After reading all of what Bill says and the actions he's taking and what other people are saying about Bill and the actions they were given by Bill. Bill seemed rather harsh.

Plus when I read his open letter to the WTBTS, it read like to me he's trying to help reform the WT's policy on the child abuse thing while at the same time sounding like he hasn't forsaken the WT altogether. It gave me the impression that if he ever accomplished all of his goals in regards to the WT, he sounded like he wants to be reinstated and come back full time serving the WT.

Now am I wrong in this impression? Please correct me if I am.

Yizuman

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    Well Rev, looks like SilentLambs will fall down flat on it's face. Then you pick up the pieces and take over from there. RevMalk gets my vote as being the new leader to help the abused survivors and those still being abused.

I would also vote that TH take care of the media things and Rev do all the talking.

I'm not interested in taking over silentlambs, nor doing any kind of talking, like some sort of spokesperson. I don't think all this big media attention is doing much of anything. I think TH was working on some TV/Radio commercials for SL, now that's worth doing, but these big media events are forgotten in a few days by the general public. LambsRoar does what it can do, and if it's needed by the Abuse Survivors, it itself will survive by nature. As far as Bill's intentions, he's doing just fine, he's on TV all the time and it seems to work out well for him.

LambsRoar is a totally different ballgame, we're here for support of Abuse Survivors and future Abuse Victims. We're bringing in a Therapist that will be working with LambsRoar, hopefully this week, and we'll be working on an advertising and public awareness program shortly. Not necessarily to tell the world how bad the Watchtower is, but to try and find these Abuse Survivors so that we can help them. As of now I can't do much, we're way in the red as it is, but if anyone knows where we can locate a grant writer/researcher, please let us know.

Also, we're still trying to build a Board of Directors, this isn't a one man show, and never will be. It may seem a bit early for a BoD, but like expatbrit said earlier, it's better to put things in order before it's a problem. But I want to make one thing clear. LambsRoar is NOT looking to replace silentlambs, we have nothing to do with silentlambs, but we are here to help the cause itself, and silentlambs if the need arises. Our number one concern is the Lambs, not the Watchtower, and not taking the Watchtower down. That's a task that will never be accomplished, no matter how hard we try. All we can do is lend a helping hand, a shoulder to cry on, resources for the victims and survivors, promote public awareness, and heal.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I'm not interested in taking over silentlambs, nor doing any kind of talking, like some sort of spokesperson. I don't think all this big media attention is doing much of anything. I think TH was working on some TV/Radio commercials for SL, now that's worth doing, but these big media events are forgotten in a few days by the general public. LambsRoar does what it can do, and if it's needed by the Abuse Survivors, it itself will survive by nature. As far as Bill's intentions, he's doing just fine, he's on TV all the time and it seems to work out well for him.

LambsRoar is a totally different ballgame, we're here for support of Abuse Survivors and future Abuse Victims. We're bringing in a Therapist that will be working with LambsRoar, hopefully this week, and we'll be working on an advertising and public awareness program shortly. Not necessarily to tell the world how bad the Watchtower is, but to try and find these Abuse Survivors so that we can help them. As of now I can't do much, we're way in the red as it is, but if anyone knows where we can locate a grant writer/researcher, please let us know.

Also, we're still trying to build a Board of Directors, this isn't a one man show, and never will be. It may seem a bit early for a BoD, but like expatbrit said earlier, it's better to put things in order before it's a problem. But I want to make one thing clear. LambsRoar is NOT looking to replace silentlambs, we have nothing to do with silentlambs, but we are here to help the cause itself, and silentlambs if the need arises. Our number one concern is the Lambs, not the Watchtower, and not taking the Watchtower down. That's a task that will never be accomplished, no matter how hard we try. All we can do is lend a helping hand, a shoulder to cry on, resources for the victims and survivors, promote public awareness, and heal.

Ok that sounds cool.

Yeah, I guess you're right. People have different tools and each one works in it's own way. So I hope Bill's tool works out great for him and I hope your tool works out great for you.

I wish everyone luck.

Yizuman

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Well, I plead guilty for not knowing him.

Then stop sounding like ya do. (just kidding)

Bill seemed rather harsh.

Oh he does and is sometimes, thats fer sure. But thats not the whole picture and doesnt equal your conclusion. See being harsh doesnt mean he is delusional or is trying to get back into the WTS. His harshness to the few people and the good that he is doing for others are 2 different issues. Yes he is trying to get the WTS to reform, for the sake of those being abused inside, but he knows full well that they wont reform and this will deliver a fatal blow to their PA attempts and has caused many JWs to leave. His approach is probably not one I could have dreamt up but its doing a lot of good with the media and educating the public. He's killing 2 birds with one stone. He's talking in a launguage that JWs understand, and its JW kids that are being silenced and abused so he needs to speak as he speaks. Those of us who are out of the WTS are free to speak as and when we please.

My advice is get the whole picture, understand the stratedgy, and then you might reach another conclusion.

As for his harshness to people, deal with it as a seperate issue.

Brummie

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Rev, let me know when you have a 501 (c) (3) put together, this will be the only way to get PSA aired for free, TV and Radio stations are mandated to do this by the FCC, it's part of the requirement to have a broadcast license. I already have one written, just need to put it together, would still be willing to do one of SL, however, they need to pay for the video tape, because it needs to be transfered to BetaCam SP NTSC, and posibbly PAL, and that can be spendy. I can only do SVHS, and MiniDV natively, possibly 3/4 Inch SP, perhaps soon, DVD. BOD's don't usually do alot, they are caretakers, and pretty much there is a person in charge, however the BOD are there as a check, so in case the "President etc" goes nuts. And SL needs to statisfy me, for they're information, BOD, Bylaws, and finacial records. Sorry I just don't trust BB, anymore.

Edited by - Trauma_Hound on 7 January 2003 2:17:23

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit