by azzazel 106 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

azzazel

email when you get a chance- [email protected]

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

Mommy Dark,

As much as I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt when I first meet them, I'm afraid I have to agree with you that something here is wrong. I'm not passing judgement on whether this new visitor is a good person, a bad person, trolling or not; I don't know her that well. But it does seem a little strange that she hasn't given much reaction to offers of understanding, or to suggestions on how to improve her situation -- save to complain about her lot in life, paint herself as a martyr, and point fingers others.

If this person really is who/what she says she is, apparently, she takes some strange pride or pleasure from wallowing in self-pity and feeling "persecuted." My guess would be that it makes her feel special; after all, saints always seem to suffer. I know that mindset well. I think most JWs/ex-JWs do.

And Azzazel, if you're reading this, I'm not trying to be cruel, and I don't dislike you. I'd just like to understand you, and if I'm wrong, please correct me.

*Rochelle.

---------
    "Most men complacently accept 'knowledge' as 'truth'. They are sheep, ruled by fear."
    -- Sydney Losstarot, "Vagrant Story."

• Farkel
    Farkel

: If this person really is who/what she says she is, apparently, she takes some strange pride or pleasure from wallowing in self-pity and feeling "persecuted."

1) a woman
    2) a black woman
    3) dirt-poor
    4) screwed (no pun) by a JW judicial committee
    5) starving kids
    6) widow
    7) unemployable/uneducated
    8) doesn't trust people because too many of them have "hurt" her
    9) won't tell anyone her story even if they beg...."But since you never asked, it all started when I....."
    10) viciously judges people's motives and names names
    11) is totally sincere, but no one else is the same unless they agree with her and get sucked into her game

How many ways are there to spell "troll?" At least eleven.

Farkel

• claudia
    claudia

Azzazel, I think you made the ultimate sacrifice for your children. How could god or anyone condemn you? Your heart is in the right place. If it meant feeding my children, I would too in a heartbeat!

• claudia
    claudia

Ok however I want to add that in this country there is way too much assistance for mothers in your shoes! Years ago i had two part time jobs and still recieved assistance for the govnt. Hell they even offered to put me through school! What country are you in?

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

Farkel,

1) a woman
    2) a black woman
    3) dirt-poor
    4) screwed (no pun) by a JW judicial committee
    5) starving kids
    6) widow
    7) unemployable/uneducated
    8) doesn't trust people because too many of them have "hurt" her
    9) won't tell anyone her story even if they beg...."But since you never asked, it all started when I....."
    10) viciously judges people's motives and names names
    11) is totally sincere, but no one else is the same unless they agree with her and get sucked into her game

How many ways are there to spell "troll?" At least eleven.

Yeah... I know. Buf if that's the case, I still feel sorry for her -- unless, of course, she's just a creative writing or psych major making a study of human nature. I mean, how wretched and lonely does a person have to feel to make up such an elaborate hoax just to have the attention of strangers? It's also possible that she DOES feel she's on some sort of mission here to expose people to their own inner darkness. This is certainly no less odd and, to me, no less worthy of pity than simple attention-seeking "trolling" that isn't wrapped up in a small crusade.

*Rochelle.

---------
    "Most men complacently accept 'knowledge' as 'truth'. They are sheep, ruled by fear."
    -- Sydney Losstarot, "Vagrant Story."

• trevor
    trevor

Big Jim - you said,

'WE ARE ALL GOING TO DO BETTER TOMOROW !
    AND WE WOULD TO, IF WE ONLY STARTED TODAY'

That is just about the truest statement I have ever heard.
    It is the total key to moving forward and getting on with life.

• hippikon
    hippikon

Well don't I feel a fool. One thing about trolls thay never come back in the same incarnation.

• waiting
    waiting

well, howdy everybody,

Troll or not - there are countless men and women in her position, whether they post here or not.

Walk in any major city, and some little ones - and look on the parkbench. Not all are dope addicts, crazy and put out of the hospital. Some people, hell, whole families, just don't make it - there are a lot of them out there. Ever tried to talk to the local schizo with his grocery cart? Do *they* all want to live on the street? I find that hard to believe. Does the usa government want to save them all? Even have the ability to save them all? I don't think so.

I mentally survived my childhood - but my brother didn't. Does that make me better? No, just the luck of the draw.

All the talk of the government programs - has anybody told that to the literal thousands of homeless? Surely they're all not like the WTBTS tells us "beggars who go home in expensive cars after begging our money."

Our little lady might be a troll - but there are surely thousands, in usa alone, who fit her description. And if we met them, would they come across angry at their situation? I know I would - and be defiant also, at the same time hurt.

For the women who make it on their backs because they, at this time, don't have another option, congratulations for taking care of your kids and yourself. I hope you investigate and find another option - I am not saying there is another option. I've never found the government that friendly myself.

waiting

• COMF
    COMF
    comf nice try but I'm not about to tell you my story

Thanks, I appreciate that.

when you are a young single african american female parent faced with [racial and socio-economic cliches snipped] than I will take you seriously

I assure you, I could not possibly care less whether you take me seriously.

into the box your using to classify me, categorize me, label me already when you dont even know me as a martyr

No, no, no. Not a martyr. I said, "someone wanting a martyr role." There's a difference.

i've forgotten more than you'll ever know about this board
    believe me i read it loud and clear as i read you

If you say so.

ps. neither me nor my family were ever really a popular family in the congregation
    i think it was because we didn't go out if the field service very much

Is this where I cry?

Waiting said:

Troll or not - there are countless men and women in her position

The poster is not in that position, waiting. That's the whole point. It's a transparent line of bullshit intended to provoke certain reactions in readers, with the result that the writer gets a lot of sympathetic attention while simultaneously having a sort of defense (first strike) against exposure by those who know bullshit when they see it.

COMF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit