Financial Help.

by Yizuman 150 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace
    Solace

Check into your local Comunity Action Agency. (CAA)

I work for this agency and we offer assistance with Rent if someone has an eviction notice, food assistance, heat bills etc.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Good try. Deflect attention from you. I am only pointing out my observations. I make no such assumptions.

You are making an unfair assumption that all deaf people are illiterate and stupid.

In fact, with that attitude of yours, you're no better than a redneck wearing a white hood.

So I should give money to someone who calls me a redneck and implies I am a part of the KKK. All because I question your ability to understand what Duh means. Since Duh is a word that requires someone understand what the sound means and scarcasm to understand, I am puzzled by your understanding this, yet not understand "pot calling the kettle black."

Main Entry: duh
    Pronunciation: 'd&, usually with prolonged &
    Function: interjection
    Date: 1974
    1 -- used to express actual or feigned ignorance or stupidity
    2 -- used derisively to indicate that something just stated is all too obvious or self-evident
    Main Entry: redneck
    Pronunciation: 'red-"nek
    Function: noun
    Date: 1830
    1 sometimes disparaging : a white member of the Southern rural laboring class
    2 often disparaging : a person whose behavior and opinions are similar to those attributed to rednecks
    - redneck also rednecked / -"nekt / adjective

Why throw money at all to anyone for any reason for any situation? I don't--that would be fiscally irresponsible. (look those words up)

Why do you want to throw away money to help a starving child? As noted above, Jes thinks you are a man. Whose child is it? Are you a man or a woman? If you have a starving child, you should sell your computer, go to a food bank and get some free assistance. For you to be on a computer on a Sunday afternoon when you could be helping yourself and your family speaks volumns on your character.

Why throw away money to organizations to help families abused by the JW organization, whether it be physical abuse or sexual abuse? Huh? (that is another one of those words.....I am sure you understand) Were you physically and/or sexually abused in the JW org? What does that have to do with panhandleing now?

Why spend money at all to corperate america and such? Econ 101:

Read some books so you understand why people spend money:

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    If you really need this paid by the 13th you can get a pay day loan. No credit is needed. As long as you have a job and a bank account they will deposit the money into your account and then take it out on your next payday (with high interest of course). There are several companies that do this. Its only for emergencies...which this is (if this is legit).

http://mycashnow.com or http://mypaydayloan.com or http://payadvance.com to name a few.

Ok thanks for the tips.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Yesterday Yizuman claimed to know Jesika well. Yizuman also claimed to be a single deaf mom,on this thread,that post has been edited.Jesika refered to Yizuman as a male as have a few others.Yizuman has done nothing to correct that assumption,and has edited out the post that claimed she was a single deaf mom..Whats wrong with this picture?...OUTLAW

Oh nice twist there. I think too many readers already know that I am male and know that I am not a mom nor female.

Nice try Outlaw.

Like I said, I'm am opening myself up to let people get to know me and I'm gonna give it time to prove myself to everyone.

Someone told me to be patient, let people get to know me better and give it time. I'm taking the advice.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Teenyuck, from this day forth, I'm ignoring all of your posts and will not reply to your trolling.

So you don't care about me at all as a person regardless whether or not I am deaf. Fine. This is who I am as presented and if you have a problem with that, that's your attitude, not mine.

It's up to you if you want us to be friends or not.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

That wasn`t your story yesterday,thats why you edited that post.Yesterday,you said you were a single deaf mom..Now your a male..That was one quick sex change operation...OUTLAW

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    That wasn`t your story yesterday,thats why you edited that post.Yesterday,you said you were a single deaf mom..Now your a male..That was one quick sex change operation...OUTLAW

Uh huh, whatever. No link to the post or whatsoever to back up your claim.

Nice try.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I already told you it was on this thread..Do you think you can find the posts on this thread you edited Sherlock? You erased your bullshit story...OUTLAW

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Yizuman, I used to administer tests to the clients of the Rehabilitation Services Comission in Flint, Michigan. The Michigan School for the deaf is in Flint,

I have heard of it.

so I had the opportunity to test many deaf clients. As a group, they scored below average on reading tests. Perhaps, I did not see a representative sample of deaf people, since those who went to RSC were fairing poorly, job wise.

Like I posted before, not all deaf individuals got the same kind of education like I have. It really depends on the school's education program, the teachers they have and the deaf student's willingness to learn.

For example, here in Indiana at the Indiana School for the Deaf has done a poor job educating the deaf student and the score is not very good there.

In Illinois, at the Illinois School for the Deaf fares much better than the school in Indiana. The one HUGE difference is that Indiana allows ASL to be used on campus. While Illinois disallows ASL on campus. They enforce SSE instead (Sign Straight English). The difference between ASL and SSE makes a difference in the language skill and it helps re-enforce the read and writing skills. ASL allows the communication to take short cuts in sentences.

Example: Here's a sample of a sentence. "I have visited the Sears Tower. I took a ride in the elevator and took a look around at the scenry of the city of Chicago at the roof of the Tower."
    In ASL, they say, "I finished touched Sears Tower. I ride elevator, look around Chicago top Tower." ASL allows the conversation to be cut short and to the point. They cut out unneccessary words in a full sentence. ASL doesn't use words like "and", "the", etc.
    They also show expression of emotion through facial expression, body language and the hands expressing what emotion they were feeling.

The IL School for the Deaf does not like ASL and feels that ASL discourages the learning of the full use of the English language. In other words, learning the English Language in it's entirety.

Granted, I'm not 100% perfect in mastering the English language and I make plenty of mistakes in spelling certain words.

I never did test anyone from the deaf community that had the writing skills that you do.

You haven't tested me. LOL. You only did the test based on the area of which you live. If you want to, you can travel all over the US and test every deaf student in every school you can find and make some comparsons based on state and city.

It seems to me that you have the intelligence to get a good job eventually.

Been looking since January to replace Wal-Mart. Also looking for a PT job as well. I've had no luck as of yet. I thank you for the kind comment about my intelligence.

I have one question. Why did you get so far in the whole before you did anything?

Stupid pride until I get into a serious trouble. Happens to everybody, including people in the hearing world.

There are food stamps, welfare assistance, catholic charities, soup kitchens, and yes, even dumpsters that have good food in them. Well, whether you like us or not, you certainly have received a lot of suggestions re: how to get help. I hope you get on the stick and utilize some of them.

Dumpsters? Ew, no thank you. Gross.

I don't like ignorant people. I do like people who accepts me as who I am regardless of my deafness. I don't or at least try not to judge people. My ex-fiancee was overweight and had diabeties. I didn't judge her for who she looked on the outside. I only cared about who she was on the inside, i.e. her heart and mind.
    But if I were to suddenly judge people, I hope to do it for the right reasons. If I get stupid and judge people for the wrong reasons, well, I'm gonna get stupid and know it's going to come back to haunt me.
    But I'm human like everyone else on this forum. We all make mistakes from time to time. I've had plenty of mistakes made in my lifetime and there will probably be more in the future to come.

Like on this thread, I got stupid by panicking and requested help for money. It came back to haunt me and I learned a big lesson. Luckly for me, a few saw my mistake and corrected me. Even helped me understand why it was a mistake and what I should do in the future. Thanks to those people who cared about me.

I will get on the "stick" (weird idiom use here, hmmm, new to me) and make use of the suggestions I have been giving first thing in the morning. Please pray for me and wish me luck.

Thank you.

Edited by - Yizuman on 9 December 2002 1:13:12

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    I already told you it was on this thread..Do you think you can find the posts on this thread you edited Sherlock? You erased your bullshit story...OUTLAW

First you said, "edited" now you are saying "erased"? Which is it? Get your story straight son.

Try again,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit