Financial Help.

by Yizuman 150 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Dana, I caught the mistake about who I was addressing while you were posting. I edited it and added some additional comments. You say you base your conclusions on fact. So do I, and certain facts form a picture. I do believe I have more facts on this subject than you do. Farkel does as well.

Edited by - larc on 10 December 2002 9:16:36

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Larc,

My ONLY point is that if you have facts, then offer them. I did not say that facts do not exist to prove others' contentions about Gary, only that so far, no one has offered them, and that includes Farkel, to the best of my knowledge.

Dana

Edited to add: Farkel made the claim that the person who started this thread is Gary...I say prove it or retract the statement.

Edited by - safe4kids on 10 December 2002 9:19:46

• larc
    larc

This may be my last post, because I am approaching my posting limit. I will come back a day from now if there is more to discuss, or you can e-mail me if you want. You said I should put up information. I have tons of it, but why should I post it publicly. Why don't follow your own advice and tell us what you know about the man. I forgot to address one question: no you did not say that Gary was charming. I said it, because I know he is.

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Larc,

If you have certain "facts" that are proveable and not based on hearsay, then I would love to hear them as a potential protection to Tracy and I. If you have "facts," then please e-mail me with these "facts" so I can be prepared. My e-mail is [email protected].

BTW, these "facts" should not be "he said/she said" (which is very subjective).

Doug

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Larc,

First off, most of the time I find you to be a reasonable, nice, and balanced person. I have no desire to have this become adversarial in nature, just to clarify.

Now then, earlier when I said "put up or shut up", I was not referring to you specifically, I was referring to those who have made claims about Gary. Now that you ARE making claims about Gary, I do feel the same applies to you. I also stated in that post that if anyone had proof to back up said claims, they could email them to me.

You ask me to tell you what I know of Gary...I've already done that. I feel that somehow there is a miscommunication occurring here, so I will try to state this as succinctly as possible. If you cannot respond because of your posting limit, feel free to email me, my email is open but just in case, it's [email protected].

*I* have made no claims about Gary. *YOU* and others here have, therefore, I believe the burden of proof is on you, not on me. If you can prove what you believe to be true about him, then what is the problem in disclosing that information privately? You and others here have publicly stated accusations regarding him; all I am saying is that I feel you should be willing to back those up, with facts, NOT second hand information. I am not trying to change your, or anyone else's opinion, of Gary but I believe in giving someone the benefit of the doubt in the face of lack of evidence to the contrary. If he is the villain some think that he is, then surely there should be some supporting evidence. If there is no evidence, then why is it necessary that everyone share your opinion of him? I am not challenging your opinion, btw...I am merely stating that I choose not to share it without some factual information to base it on. Here's how I see it:

Others: Gary is a bad person.

Dana: Really? What has he done?

Others: This and this and this.

Dana: That's terrible! How do you know this to be true?

Others: I just do; I have more facts than you do.

Dana: Ok, what are they?

Others: So and so told me this; another person showed me this email, etc.

Dana: Ok, but where are the facts?

Others: (so far no facts)

No, I'm not poking fun at anyone and I'm not trying to put anyone down. But from my perspective, I am being asked to accept other people's negative opinions without any evidence. I don't ask you to do that Larc; please show me the same courtesy.

Dana

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Onacruise - So, Yizuman, I wish to apologize to you for the posts I made on other threads that poked fun at "asking for money." I wish you the best in sorting out your financial troubles.

Thanks man.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Oh thank God!

Went to the library and used the TDD to called the Our Lady of Grace church, (via the Relay Service) in the area where I live after I called the Saint Alphonsus Catholic Church, Mr. Gallagher told me to call the Grace church and the lady there told me she will take care of the mortgage payment. I provided her my account number, name, address and everything. She will send a check to the Metro Bank where I pay my mortgage at.

Now, I have to take care of the rest of the rent (I paid $100.00 last week) since I owe $130.00 more to the landlord. Earlier this morning I got on the Ameritech website and placed a request on a exension(s?) on my phone bill, I told the website I will pay $35.00.(that's the minimum payment, the full amount is over $60.00, but I doubt I will have all that much after I pay the $130.00 to my landlord) My next direct deposit is on the 19th, so I will take care of all that on the 20th. Of course there's Earthlink which is $21.95, don't know how I will take care of that, it's due on the 14th. So, I will go to the Earthlink site and talk to someone on the LiveChat.

I really don't know how much all together my direct deposit will be since my hours is not a steady set number of hours. My schedule this week is: Sun: 4:45 PM - 11:00 PM, Mon 5:15 PM - 11:00 PM, off Tues, Weds and Thurs. Fri: 9 AM to 6 PM, Sat 9 AM to 6 PM. Lousy schedule . The schedule next week is about the same as this week.

I tried to ask for more hours, they said this is all they're allowed to give me based on what Wal-Mart wants done. I'm not the only one that has these lousy schedule. The person that does all the scheduling is Maggie from my department. I see "pissed off" faces when they walk up and look at the new schedule on the board being posted every 2 weeks on Friday. I didn't want to get into an arguement for more hours because I'm afraid they'll write me up for insubordination(s?) or get myself fired.

I read a website www.walmartwatch.com about the problems with schedules, safety violations, lawsuits based on discrimination, etc. One died at Wal-Mart in a terrible accident, the guy was driving a forklift and he was between the truck rig and the dock and the truck pulled out. The guy tried to jump out of the forklift, but it was too late, he fell with the forklift and he got crushed to death on the ground. Wal-Mart tried to cover it up by hiding some kind of paperwork, I don't fully understand what was what, I'm not that good with all these legal stuff. But my understanding is that the dock manager was SUPPOSED to take the keys from the drivers to prevent something like this from happening and the manager failed to do that. He's supposed to make sure the dock was clear and then give the key back to the driver so he/she can leave.

I'm behind with my landlord worse than my bank. Reason for that is that the last few months I have to weigh what's on my priority list to pay first, such as electric, phone, internet, rent, mortgage, gas for my car, food, etc. So, I am juggling payments to try and keep myself out of trouble like keeping the electric company from cutting me off when I get a "cut off notice" from them. Same with phone bill.

In the meantime, I need to get out and lay out more resumes and fill out applications, spent all morning looking for help.

Yesterday I tried places like:

Catholic Charities
    Pevil
    United Way
    Salvation Army
    St. Vincent Hospital
    Resources for Living (Wal-Mart gave me that one)
    Goodwill

None of them could help and others gave me resources to try. United Way even recommended me filing bankruptsy(s?) and gave me a number for the Bankruptsy attorney. Glad I didn't call it, I don't feel right about filing for bankruptsy. But I do feel bad for having to look for help, I didn't know what else to do. I hate all of this. It makes me feel like a loser.

Larc, I will email you my resume since you can't take my attachments last time I tried. Getting on it now.

In the meantime, I would like to thank everyone for the kind support, advices and suggestions. Big HUGS to everyone.

Also I still apologize for pissing off everyone for my first post on this thread.

I really hope I find a better job soon. It has not been easy for me since January of this year trying to replace my Wal-Mart job for a better one. Even with the possibility that they don't want to hire me because of my deafness and plus the 9/11 situation hasn't made it any easier.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't deaf. But I have to live with it. I'm not ashamed of being deaf, but still, well, you know what I mean. Plus this whole job hunt doesn't help my depression either. Makes me feel like I'm a worthless piece of crap. You all read about my depression history.

Bleah, I'm feeling all wore out already, this stress is making me feel tired. I haven't slept all too good since Friday when I got the email notice from Metro Bank. But I need to keep going, gotta fight to find a new job.

Edited by - Yizuman on 10 December 2002 13:35:53

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Larc, email is sent. Copied and pasted my resume as you requested.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Oh cool, I just an email from the OfficeTeam website where I had put up my resume at...

I reviewed your resume on line and would be interested in speaking with you regarding employment with OfficeTeam. We are the leader in specialized administrative staffing.

Please contact my office at ###-#### to find out more.

Going to call them first thing in the morning.

I need a haircut bad. I haven't had a haircut in months.

Wish me luck on this.

Edited by - Yizuman on 10 December 2002 19:34:59

• siegswife
    siegswife

Yizuman, I haven't read through this whole thread, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating already given advice.

You mentioned that you belong to a church. If so, I think the first thing you could do was enlist the aid of a fellow church goer to help you make some phone calls. Someone to act as your advocate in a way. Since you're deaf, I'm assuming that you don't do too well on the phone. Get someone to help you call some of the agencies and charities already mentioned.

It may be that some of your church members would want to help you with your current situation as well.

Lea

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit