Financial Help.

by Yizuman 150 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I emailed someone from easterseals and hope I get some help.

• hippikon
    hippikon

Sell your computer - It'll give you more time.

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

At the risk of sounding cold hearted, I am going to warn people not to send you money unless they know you in person and in real life. I don't know you, so I have no idea how honest you are either way.

Internet scams abound where a person who needs money now posts on forums. This forum has had a few scam artists on it. This forum is not the place for such pleas.

I have been in similar straits to yours, and I empathize. ....but this one has the elements of a scam in it. It is easy to hide who you are, even if you offer "proof".

Turn to friends and family for money. Or for a place to live. Or for a job.

Apply for welfare or disability.

Richard

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    At the risk of sounding cold hearted, I am going to warn people not to send you money unless they know you in person and in real life. I don't know you, so I have no idea how honest you are either way.

That's fine by me. I am honest and if you want proof of my situation, email me and I'll give you any information you need from me and I'll provide it if it becomes possible to do so. I will even invite you to my home.

By the way, I do have a job. The pay isn't what I hope for and I am currently looking for a better job since you deem me to think I am not working as I have mentioned above. "Get a job" kind of response from you hurts.

I do understand very well what you mean and scams is not something we all want to fall for. I invite anyone to seriously examine me as anyone sees fit.

Thanks.

Edited by - Yizuman2 on 7 December 2002 0:16:47

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Sell your computer - It'll give you more time.

And as a deaf person who would be w/o a computer as a means of communication for just about anything. what would I do then? How will I be contacted since I cannot hear the phone? Especially when some employers can email me for a potential job?

• larc
    larc

Since you mentioned Meijer (sp?), I assume that you live in Michigan, their home base, or in Ohio. In Flint, Michigan is the school for the deaf. You may want to check with them as far as resources are concerned.

• hippikon
    hippikon

My philosophy on money is

Its harder to beg money than earn it.

Its also easier earning money than winning it at lotto.

The western world isnt that tough a place Take a look and see how tough it is in the third world some day.

Sorry dont have much sympathy for bludgers after having first hand knowledge of the third world.

You would have to be stupid or lazey to starve in the western world and you dont seem to be either

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Since you mentioned Meijer (sp?), I assume that you live in Michigan, their home base, or in Ohio. In Flint, Michigan is the school for the deaf. You may want to check with them as far as resources are concerned.

We have many Meijer stores here in Indiana as well and I live in Central Indiana. I stated in the post above where I live.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    "You would have to be stupid or lazey to starve in the western world and you dont seem to be either."

Oh so I am not only stupid, but I am deaf and stupid. Is that accessment correct?

Trying being deaf and look for a job then or even a better job. Which is what I am currently am doing since January before the hours started being cut recently.

I work at Wal-Mart as I mentioned before and if you haven't skimmed the posts and read it.

Edited by - Yizuman2 on 7 December 2002 0:55:57

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

Yizman,

You can go to Catholic Charitys and they can give you a pass to your local food pantry.

If they don't have them your Township Office should have the vouchers for the food pantry.

Salvation Army is another good place to go...they may even have another part time job for you...as they employ many people in a neighboring city.

Since it is The Holiday season you Citys Township Office may even have an X-mas basket for you later this month....but they have to know about you

I'm a single Mom so I know what it's like to struggle but, some how we all make it through these tuff spots

agape,

bye bye 4 now

Utopian_Raindrops

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit