Financial Help.

by Yizuman 150 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Hit my posting limit and am using my second account....

I don't know if anyone can help or not.

But I am in a desprate situation whereas I have to swallow my pride and seek out some help.

I am behind rent as well as my morgage ( I own a moble home on a lot rent).

Need food as well.

Phone needs to stay in service since I am deaf and need it as part my text communication for hopes of landing a better job. Sister can email me to let me know if a employer calls, so I can drive over and find out what's up from there.

I work at Wal-Mart and alot of us have our hours cut to 20+ hrs a week, so this is hurting me fianacially.

Job hunts is hard since I am deaf since most employers seems to prefer hiring a hearing person.

I know of a deaf friend who is unemployed and he went thru 20 job interviews in a month. None of them ever called or emailed him to say he got a job.

Family can't help since they all have their own problems to deal with.

I can post all the info you need if anyone needs it, such as my landlord's address and my morgage address if anyone wants to mail a check directly to them. I would think it would be safer to email my morgage account number since I don't know how exploitable that can be posting my morgage account number on this forum.

I don't know what else to do. I even tried modestneeds.org and nothing came out of it yet. This is very depressing right now for me.

Getting kicked out in the middle of winter is not going to be fun.

I will take any advice, suggestions that anyone may have.

A little bit of something could help.

Finally I checked my email and this is the message from my loan officer....I am very embarrassed to have to post this, but I got my direct deposit and the money has already gone to my landlord, I already gave him $100.00 plus others on utility bills. It's almost all gone and I won't get another direct deposit from work 2 weeks from this past Thursday...

"Just a reminder that we still need a FULL house payment from you by no
    later than next Friday, December 13th, or we'll have no alternatives
    other than to take possession of the house. This news comes directly
    from our "loan committee" and I have no control over your account any
    longer if it's this far past due. Be sure to have the full payment in
    by 12-13-02."

What can I do?

• Aztec
    Aztec

try www.easter-seals.org

I don't know where you live or I could offer more tips. Most states have emergency provisions especially for people with "disabilities". Hope this helps some

~Aztec

• larc
    larc

I can only help you with one aspect of your problem. There is a law, Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). If you are qualified and not hired, this is discrimination under the law. Also, there is a state agency, in Ohio and Michigan it is called the Rehabilitation Services Commission. I am sure that all states have such an agency. You may want to contact them and talk to a counselor who may give some advice as to how to get gainful employment. Also, they can put you in touch with other disabled people who meet once a month to discuss their common problems and the solutions to such problems. I hope this information will be of help to you.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    I don't know where you live or I could offer more tips. Most states have emergency provisions especially for people with "disabilities".

I live in Noblesville, Indiana

• Aztec
    Aztec

Did you try the link to Easter Seals?

~Aztec

I will look into this more tomorrow....

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

The Department of Social Services.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Get to your state welfare office: Most states will help you out. Look in the phone book (here it is in the blue pages) and go to your closest one. Fill out the appropriate forms, and you might even get health insurance. It's out there, just not very highly publicized.

Money stresses are the worst, my friend, and you might do well to file for bankruptcy, if you have credit cards, utility payments, and medical bills hounding you, in addition to past due rent, etc. Messes up your credit, but breaks a lot of chains.

Remember, this is only temporary. You WILL get through it.

I admit it, I pray a lot when I'm facing financial trouble, and I think it helps in a very material way. Not sudden wealth, but getting by for today - and that's all that Christ told us to ask for. Having sustenance and covering, we shall be content with these things.

Empty words, maybe, but I mean them with all my heart. One day at a time, friend, one day at a time.

CZAR

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    I can only help you with one aspect of your problem. There is a law, Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). If you are qualified and not hired, this is discrimination under the law. Also, there is a state agency, in Ohio and Michigan it is called the Rehabilitation Services Commission. I am sure that all states have such an agency. You may want to contact them and talk to a counselor who may give some advice as to how to get gainful employment. Also, they can put you in touch with other disabled people who meet once a month to discuss their common problems and the solutions to such problems. I hope this information will be of help to you.

I am aware of ADA. In fact I had been discrimminated from my previous employment where I worked for a wonderful 5 years there. I lost all my good pay and benefits to a person who had a problem with deaf employees where I once worked at. It's another Wal-Mart type store called Meijer.

The Team Leader got transferred to the store where I onced worked at and for some odd reason, she had a problem with us.

There used to be 8 of us who are deaf. Now there's only one left.

It's a major long story and it would take me pages after pages to explain what happened. But to make the long story short, I have filed a lawsuit against Meijer for discrimmination. It may take me years before I have my day in court. I have already logged my complaint with EEOC.

I will look into the Rehabilitation Service Commission. I've never saught help before from any kind of agency before and usually don't have much trouble finding employment up until now. Since 9/11, it's been very very difficult to find jobs now since the 9/11 thing really hurt the economy these days.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

If this helps anybody, modestneeds.org got a new look and new web address and everything, so I am trying again.

My Ledger number is 20823.

If this helps anyone and if anyone can help me out with this, I would be thankful and do anything to pay it back once I find a better job.

Every little bit would help.

I am scared.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Did you try the link to Easter Seals?

Gonna look now...

Thanks hun.

*TRIPLE HUGS!*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit