Financial Help.

by Yizuman 150 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Check into your local Comunity Action Agency. (CAA)

I work for this agency and we offer assistance with Rent if someone has an eviction notice, food assistance, heat bills etc.

I have done 2 weeks ago for electric and heating fuel. They paid $50.00 for electric and I don't know how much they're going to pay for heating fuel and how long it's going to last. They told me they don't do rent. But yours does? Odd. Wonder if state to state varies in rules? Can you check Noblesville, IN for me. The guy there doesn't seem all too friendly. I got intimidated by his "attitude" so I didn't dare ask what his problem was.

I do need to find help for rent and mortgage (got it spelled right this time! ). Food is sorta ok here at the moment. Got cans of soup and canned potatos. The 13th is coming up soon, pardon me while I freak out.

I've lived here in my moble home since 1995 and I would really hate to lose it.

Plus this is not good for my depression at all. I am flat out scared how I will react if I got envicted. I'm taking Paxel, but don't feel it's doing it's job well enough. Just wish I'm not depressed at all.

My phone may get disconnected this week (much to the hopes of the readers who have been mean to me I bet), I really need to keep my phone line open in hopes I get an email from an employer who wants to interview me. I need a much better job than this sucky one I am stuck with. I guess I should be grateful I have a job at the moment, but it sure doesn't keep up with ALL of my monthly bills at one time. *sigh*

Here's to the hopes of tomorrow.

Edited by - Yizuman on 9 December 2002 1:38:8

• Imbue
    Imbue

Yizman, 1) Yizman has posted that he is male on three different boards. 2) I can understand some people being suspicious of you because you're not the first to try and ask the forum for money. 3) You can apply for welfare and they will help you if you are telling the truth about everything. However, they may place a lean on your trailer to get the money back, if it is sold. I doubt you could rent a place to live for less than $179.00(you claimed this is your mortgage.) 4) Many deaf persons are highly intelligent and some are college educated. Your claims regarding his intelligence are insulting and ignorant. I happen to know many deaf persons that are very intelligent. Most deaf persons have partial hearing, as Yizman claims he can hear some loud noises and very FEW are stone deaf 5) It isn't that easy to prove discrimination in hiring practices. 9) Everyone can't do house cleaning and everybody shouldn't do it either. I recommend someone from the KH to people I knew and they didn't know how to clean.They just took the people's money and didn't do any work. *embarrassing* 6) There were many other good suggestions, such as Community Services, which may help you find employment and assist you with your housing situation. 7) Try applying to large companies because sometimes they are looking to meet quotas in hiring the disabled. They may be more willing to give you a chance to work. Other possibilities are local colleges may need help in food service or maintenance. Try applying to school districts for custodial work because, once again, they may need to hire someone disabled. You should take advantage of any opportunities you may have available. Does you bank know you are deaf and looking for work? Ask your bank if they need someone to do cleaning or mainatence. A housekeeper, I knew at a hospital, would work nights polishing the floors at banks. Hospitals and Nursing homes are a great place to look because they always need help, either in the kitchen, food service, feeding clients, cleaning and laundry. Also large laundry service companies are a place that will hire anybody willing to work for almost nothing. 8) Contact the NAD and ask them for if they know of any programs to aid the deaf with education, job training and jobs. http://www.nad.org/ 10) You really need to go back to school and get some sort of job training suitable to your needs and abilities. You need to acquire training so valuable that prospective employers will not care that you are deaf. 11) Sell whatever you can to pay your mortgage because I hear the internet connection sux in card board boxes.

Edited by - imbue on 9 December 2002 2:27:48

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

Excellent post, Imbue

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    1) Yizman has posted that he is male on three different boards.

See OUTLAW? I told you so.

2) I can understand some people being suspicious of you because you're not the first to try and ask the forum for money.

And I am sorry I did that. I apologize to all the readers for offending you.

3) You can apply for welfare and they will help you if you are telling the truth about everything. However, they may place a lean on your trailer to get the money back, if it is sold. I doubt you could rent a place to live for less than $179.00(you claimed this is your mortgage.)

Rent on the lot is $230.00 a month, Moble Home payment is $179.80 a month. Hope that clears it up. You're right though, I may not find a place any cheaper than that. I will try the Welfare office.

4) Many deaf persons are highly intelligent and some are college educated. Your claims regarding his intelligence are insulting and ignorant. I happen to know many deaf persons that are very intelligent. Most deaf persons have partial hearing, as Yizman claims he can hear some loud noises and very FEW are stone deaf

Thank you for pointing that out.

5) It isn't that easy to prove discrimination in hiring practices.

That is the biggest problem I face all the time when I apply for a job. Employers will NOT tell you in your face they're not hiring you because of your disability. Thus finding proof of discrimination is very very difficult.

9) Everyone can't do house cleaning and everybody shouldn't do it either. I recommend someone from the KH to people I knew and they didn't know how to clean.They just took the people's money and didn't do any work. *embarrassing*

My house is a little messy, I'm not a perfect housekeeper either. LOL

6) There were many other good suggestions, such as Community Services, which may help you find employment and assist you with your housing situation.

I am looking into all the suggestions offered to me.

7) Try applying to large companies because sometimes they are looking to meet quotas in hiring the disabled. They may be more willing to give you a chance to work. Other possibilities are local colleges may need help in food service or maintenance. Try applying to school districts for custodial work because, once again, they may need to hire someone disabled. You should take advantage of any opportunities you may have available. Does you bank know you are deaf and looking for work? Ask your bank if they need someone to do cleaning or mainatence. A housekeeper, I knew at a hospital, would work nights polishing the floors at banks.

Applied to large companies as well. Nothing yet from them.
    Didn't know colleges could do that. Will look into that.
    Ok, I didn't look into schools for jobs, that's a suggestion I will do.
    Yes the bank knows I am deaf and I have summitted my resume to the bank where I make my mortgage payments to. Have applied at hospitals too.

Hospitals and Nursing homes are a great place to look because they always need help, either in the kitchen, food service, feeding clients, cleaning and laundry. Also large laundry service companies are a place that will hire anybody willing to work for almost nothing.

Hospitals I have, not nursing homes. I will do that. There is a laundry service in town, I will hit that.

8) Contact the NAD and ask them for if they know of any programs to aid the deaf with education, job training and jobs. http://www.nad.org/

Ok

10) You really need to go back to school and get some sort of job training suitable to your needs and abilities. You need to acquire training so valuable that prospective employers will not care that you are deaf.

Well, if I ever get my mess straighten out, I'll try to go back to school.

11) Sell whatever you can to pay your mortgage because I hear the internet connection sux in card board boxes.

No kidding. I don't know what I have here is considered sellable other than my computer and I can't part with that since this is my only communication tool. I have some of my mom's valuables dating back in the 1920s, I don't know how much they are worth today, but at the same time I hate the idea of having to part with them since they are what few memories of my mother I have. She died in 1993.

• Imbue
    Imbue

12) Also try the department of labor in your county because they may have jobs posted in their office or on the net.

• larc
    larc

If you want to, you can e-mail your resume to me. I have had a lot of experience in helping people improve their resumes. No charge, of course.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    If you want to, you can e-mail your resume to me. I have had a lot of experience in helping people improve their resumes. No charge, of course.

Resume emailed. Thanks for the kind offer.

Looking forward to the new improved one.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    12) Also try the department of labor in your county because they may have jobs posted in their office or on the net.

Ok will try that too.

Thanks

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Erased ,edited what ever you want to call it,the information is no longer there.Did you figure out we do research on this board,and your story wasn`t going to work once you were found out?..When I read you were a single deaf mom I was begining to have some sympathy for you..When I read another thread you were on ,I was suprized to see other posters refer to you as a male..You couldn`t stick with that story because you already left a trail..It was easier just to edit or erase (what ever you like) the deaf mom line...OUTLAW

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Erased ,edited what ever you want to call it,the information is no longer there.Did you figure out we do research on this board,and your story wasn`t going to work once you were found out?..When I read you were a single deaf mom I was begining to have some sympathy for you..When I read another thread you were on ,I was suprized to see other posters refer to you as a male..You couldn`t stick with that story because you already left a trail..It was easier just to edit or erase (what ever you like) the deaf mom line...OUTLAW

Imbue has stated that I have always been male from the beginning if you had read her post. I suggest you stop your skimming habit and read every single post on this thread and including read Imbue's post just up a few above.

Your story is full of holes and a basically a troll. So, you won't be hearing anymore replies from me to you again.

Heading for bed since I got a full day ahead of me.

Night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit