Financial Help.

by Yizuman 150 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Boy, your sentence structure is better than any deaf person's I've ever seen.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    Half of the people I have spoken to outside of the internet have told me 2 things, banks have the power to have me thrown out in 3 days and the law backs them up. They can have the court and the police come and remove me.

Have those people prove it, they can't throw you out without a court order period, you really think they can get a court order in 3 days? Hello! I don't know about you, but I think anyone can attest, the wheels of the court system, simply do not work that fast. Why don't you contact one of the local tenant unions. And look up the laws yourself, it took me two seconds to search for info about indiana on the net. http://www.google.com "Indiana Tenant Laws", you don't seem to be helping yourself very well.

Edited by - Trauma_Hound on 7 December 2002 20:20:59

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Ok folks, this is my retraction statement.

I am retracting my request for money... I apologize to everyone for offending everyone who have read my post. I did not mean to piss off everyone. However, I do thank everyone for posting advices and suggestions on where to look for help and I will take these advices and run them from here.

I panicked and became desperate to seek help and it ticked off everyone. I am told that scams have happened in the past and since I am new to this board I have to expect people not to believe me. So I do understand why you are not pleased with that. I apologize I went overboard from my panicking and I hope everyone understands that.

I emailed and posted here apologizing to Simon for the things I have said. Lenthy explainations wasn't warrent, since an apology is sufficant enough.

I ask for forgiveness from everyone and let this thread die. Like I said before, the suggestions I have received for seeking help is what I will take and will make good use of it.

Please, for anyone that still believes in prayer, I make a request of prayer that I can find the solutions to my problems and have them resolved.

Thank you.

• Valis
    Valis

It takes much longer than three days if you believe the people at the Indiana University..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Boy, your sentence structure is better than any deaf person's I've ever seen.

Thank my mom. She fought tooth and nail to make sure I got a good education contary to my Father's wishes. My deaf teachers said that I did far better than most deaf students they've ever worked with, but still below the standards of the hearing students. So I am not exactly VERY smart. I did flunk math and science, I am horrible at them. I'm not all that good with spelling either. I'll make mistakes with words from time to time.

I am very good at history since it's my favorite subject. Biblical history is my top number one favorite as well as bible geology. I may not be a brainic in God's word nor know every single biblical geological locations, but I still keep learning.

If it hadn't been for the support from my mom even though my dad thinks I am a worthless crap of a human being like he said to me when I was 8 years old. He didn't want to spend a dime on me since he equates deafness the same as retardation (Did I spell that right?) and isn't worth the time and money to educate. He preferred me in a mental insitution(s?) instead.

Anyway, I'm not retarded, but I did make a STUPID mistake for requesting for money on the forum and I learned my lesson.

Edited by - Yizuman on 7 December 2002 22:19:40

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Half of the people I have spoken to outside of the internet have told me 2 things, banks have the power to have me thrown out in 3 days and the law backs them up. They can have the court and the police come and remove me.
    Have those people prove it, they can't throw you out without a court order period, you really think they can get a court order in 3 days? Hello! I don't know about you, but I think anyone can attest, the wheels of the court system, simply do not work that fast. Why don't you contact one of the local tenant unions. And look up the laws yourself, it took me two seconds to search for info about indiana on the net. http://www.google.com "Indiana Tenant Laws", you don't seem to be helping yourself very well.

Let me ask you this question, what's the difference between a landlord and a loan manager at a bank?

I mean I can understand about the tenant laws because I am paying rent on a lot where my moble home sits on. At the same time tho, I am paying my morgage on my moble home to Metro Bank that gave me the loan to purchase the moble home.

So my question is does the tenant laws apply to BOTH the landlord and the loan manager?

"you don't seem to be helping yourself very well." - Forgive me that I am not very knowledgable and wise as you are. I know nothing about these kinds laws in regards to my rights as a tenant.

All I know is that my niece got locked out of her apartment one day. The Sheriff came one day and placed some kind of knob lock over the door knob and she wasn't able to use the key to let herself in. The eviction notice was posted on her door. She went home to my sister's house crying and she had to call the Sheriff to ask permission to let her in to get some of her things. Later the landlord got inside the apartment and left all the remainder of her stuff on the sidewalk. My sis and her husband rented a U-Haul and retrieved them. This is all I know.

So I will read the link as you suggested and learn what is there for me to read.

Thank you.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    It's not like we haven't helped others who we "know" here financially and otherwise...like the Calgary teen's dad whose daughter died from an illness involving the blood issue...and then we never rushed to judgement as to their legitimate need...thank God for the 'net that it is an even greater tool in the hands of the deaf ones...just think of that next time you give advice to "sell their 'puter...." like tell the fisherman to go sell his net and boat!?!

Exactly! You said it and explained it better than I could. That's exactly what I was trying to convey my thoughts on.

Thank you so much for your understanding.

The same idea applies to those deaf individuals who still uses their TDDs to communicate over the phone. How can a deaf guy be able to communicate with the world if you tell a guy to sell his TDD? Much less talk to a relay service without the TDD?

I don't have my TDD anymore and it's becoming obsolete these days. Computers are replacing the TDDs and the vast majority of the deaf peopulation are using computers to communicate with just about anyone. Especially those in the HS and College age.

A real good friend of mine who used to be a co-worker at Meijer. He's older than I am and he got a *snickers* (Sorry my friend) WebTV and uses it to surf the net as well as using emails. After hearing me about my owning a PC and how great it is, I think he regrets getting a WebTV, so he did mention about getting a PC and eBay off the WebTV. Heheh, good move if he does it.

There is one thing I heard about and is probably a rumor, but I heard of a software that emulates the sounds of a TDD. I've hunted up down, left and right for it on the 'net, used every seatch engine I could find and never have found it. Be great if I could find it and use through my modem (as I understand how it works, dunno. I'm not that good at understanding the mechanics of software and hardware) to communicate to those who still uses the TDD while they do not have a computer. *shrugs* I suppose it doesn't exist.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

You posted on thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=41566&site=3 the following comment:

Last time I saw a child being beaten was outside the Kingdom Hall at the side of the building. The father was spanking the child's behind so hard it sounded like a hammer hitting a nail.

You say you are deaf. How would you know what it sounded like?

Just curious.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Forclosure takes a lot longer than 3 days... or even 30 days. A person cannot be evicted with jsut 3 days notice, no matter what form of housing it is.

And El Kabong has a good point...

• zanex
    zanex

yiz...

hmmm where do I start...first let me validate myself, I have 2 deaf parents..count em, 2. I have read through all of your posts and from what I have read you sound as though you have a strong vocabulary base and a head for phrasing. To be honest...if you ARE deaf and you have that good of a vocabulary then you should REALLY be working somewhere other than walmart...I find it hard to swallow some of your cries for "pity on the deaf person" my parents never even at their lowest would have used their deafness as a way to solicit others' financial resources. Trust me... with as intelligent as you sound It surprises me that you bring up your "deafness" as a reason for not being able to succeed. Both of my parents are degree'd with a father who runs his own college level language translation program. This thread has really hit a nerve with me...use that language ability that you have been given for some better purpose than asking for assistance on a public forum board such as this...

you said in one paragraph that idioms were a difficulty and just a post or two later your mother was "fighting tooth and nail" hmmm tooth and nail eh? Thats quite a mouthful of idiomic english vocabulary...if by some random chance I am wrong then I will be more than glad to retract my statements but I wonder about the validity of your claim to being "deaf". Even if you are, use some other reason to justify your need for assitance. Being deaf is no excuse for not being able to get ahead...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit