Financial Help.

by Yizuman 150 Replies latest jw friends

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Farkel, your post above was entirely uncalled for.

You think you know these things about Deacon? Well--in your own words--PROVE IT! You can't. All you can do is relate what you've heard, just like that time you called me to tell me how "bad" Gary was.

My friend, you do not know squat. You have no right to denounce Deacon when you do not know him. What the hell has he ever done to you?

With all the kindness shown to you by others on this board (including me), you should have learned more respect for the human condition by now, and passed that on to others.

We go back a long way, you and me... and even though we don't get a chance to talk often, I care about maintaining our friendship. But I will not stand by when one friend lashes out about another of my friends with second hand accusations that are entirely unprovable.

It's time to amend your words.

Doug

• larc
    larc

think41self, why don't you tell us who the real Gary is? It was never clear and always implied, from what he wrote. Edited to add: Freepeace, I ask the same question of you.

Edited by - larc on 10 December 2002 8:14:14

• think41self
    think41self

Hi Larc,

If you want to know who the real Gary is, why don't you ask him? That's what I do when I want to know something about someone.

My point was: Making accusations about someone based on secondhand knowledge or wild guesses is not cool. That's all.

Tracy

• larc
    larc

I did ask him some specifics when he posted here. He never answered. How can I ask him? He had a blocked e-mail. If you know him, why don't you tell us about him.

• think41self
    think41self

Larc,

I was not aware this thread was a "Gary" inquiry thread. To my knowledge Gary no longer visits this forum. But I do know him personally. If you have some specific questions you'd like to ask him, email me and I will pass them on to him.

The point is...coming on this thread and making accusations about another poster being Gary. Since I know firsthand...not secondhand...that this Yizu person could not be Gary, I felt compelled to speak up and ask for proof that this was Gary. That's all. If you have some personal issues with Gary from past communications, that's fine. If it's real important to you, try contacting him through various means. I just don't like it when people accuse someone of something without proof. My more recently honed "critical thinking skills" are offended by that.

Tracy

• Simon
    Simon

Farkel buddy ... I don't like having to edit out expletives but that was a bit over the top. Please help me by toning it down a touch - you are a clever aticulate guy and ruin your posts when you color them too much.

Thanks

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Newsflash folks...*Deacon* has left the building...I find it interesting, in a tedious sort of way, that people still have the need to vilify someone they don't even know. And Larc, I'm curious why you want Tracy to tell you about Gary...shall the burden of proof be on him or on his detractors??

I don't know Gary very well...about all I know of him is that he makes a mean English breakfast! However, several months ago, I received a flurry of emails from concerned people warning me about Gary...some of them were people I actually respect, and so I asked for proof of their allegations. Funny thing, I NEVER received any proof whatsoever. All I got were vague hints, 'trust me on this one', copies of emails and 'he said/she said's. No proof, although some of the claims against him were very specific in nature and should be relatively easy, imo, to prove if true. Sorry, but I don't feel like Gary has any responsibility whatsoever to try and clear his name; he obviously doesn't care what this community thinks of him, as he chose to leave months ago. And basically, if any of you have proof that he's the horrible person you believe him to be, then feel free to email it to me or Doug and Tracy...in other words, put up or shut up.

One other thing...isn't it possible that Gary made some mistakes? Isn't it possible that NOW some of you are continuing to kick someone when they're down? Shall we all disfellowship Gary because we've heard some nasty things about him? I've heard some pretty damning things about several posters here but you'll notice I don't bring them up at every opportunity, nor do I expect others to take my word for it, nor do I dog them asking for proof of their innocence. I don't know about the rest of you, but I intend to keep my own counsel and I really do wonder why it is so important to some of the people here that Gary, even now months after he's left, is still being dragged thru the mud. Frankly, I'm tired of it all.

Have a nice day.

Dana

• larc
    larc

safe4kids, let me see if I got this right. You know Gary, but not very well. Of course, you like him. He is a very charming person. You got a "flurry" of warnings. Did that raise a red flag to you, and are you thinking for one's self? You said something about kicking soemone when they are down. Is Gary, down again, and if so why? My e-mail is open. You or he can contact me at any time. You accuse others of operating on heresay. Apparently, you are operating on even less. I have read a lot of detail about Gary, and it all fits together in a Gestalt or picture. Edited because I addressed my post to the wrong person initially. Also, I will add. Have you ever heard of psychological profiling at a crime scene? Well, I believe I have seen enough information on the subject in question to draw up such a profile.

Edited by - larc on 10 December 2002 9:9:40

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

*sigh*

Larc, I am safe4kids, not Think41self. Think41self is Tracy, my sister...Freepeace is Doug, my brother in law, who is married to Tracy. THEY know Gary. I've MET Gary on several occasions. Did I state that I like Gary because he's charming, or are you making assumptions? And honestly, whether or not Gary is down is his business to disclose, his reasons for it, et cetera, if he chooses. I was merely trying to make a point Larc.

As to what you've read about Gary, Larc, certainly it is your right to form your impressions and make a judgment; we all do it. In fact, I spent most of my life believing opinions and written detail that formed a gestalt that made sense to me. I choose now to try to base judgments on facts.

Dana

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

Larc,

Tracy is at work, and won't be able to respond until this evening. But I will add my comments. Both Tracy and I know Gary well. We do not operate from second-hand knowledge.

And whether Gary is still down, down again, or not down, is his own business and not open to public debate outside his knowledge.

Why not let it go? In view of what we've all been through as JW's, why not show Gary--a fellow ex-JW--some human compassion? Let him be. If he is what you and some others believe him to be, then he will prove that in time. The same is true if he is not what we believe him to be.

But at this time, knowing Gary as I do, I have no reason to believe he is the evil and scamming person others make him out to be. Please remember that there are always two sides to the story. I endeavor to keep this in mind as well.

Doug

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit