WTS leader rants against higher education

by hoser 125 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

So far BroTo has has enthralled us with his:

no tight pants rant,  now, no higher education stance rant what will his next rant be?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Question: If YOU were the leader of a fairly significant world religion, would your main message be?

1. Don't wear tight pants
    2. Don't wear colored socks
    3. Don't wear spanx when you exercise in public (for women only), and
    4. Don't go to college

I doubt it. Mine wouldn't, that's for damn sure.

If I ever had the rapt attention of millions of people I'm sure I'd talk about something more important that that shit. I'd wanna' focus on developing important human qualities like: love, compassion, forgiveness and empathy. But that's just me.

Seriously.

This guy is so clueless it's hard to quantify.

Evidently, all of the Governing Body members are delusional fools. If it weren't so sad that millions of people--including my own children (yes, I have a dog in this fight)--follow them, it would be completely laughable.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Amen to that!

While the rest of the world is talking about finding solutions to problems that are actually killing people, JWs are concerned about the color of your socks, the tightness of your pants and that you remain uneducated.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

My favorites...."Young people ask yourself......WHY...am I considering further education?"

"Pressure from the system to think you will leave a better life?"

"I have often said.....the better the university.....the greater the danger!"    9:50

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Oops....another one.

"We will NOT need doctors and lawyers after Armageddon......but we WILL need carpenters, plumbers, and similar construction trades."

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oh yeah.....classic ToMo!

BTW , they will need a lot of gravediggers as well .

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

This bullshit is what woke me up to TTATT (excuse my language) Now I must watch to see what I will be listening to at the hall and unfortunately other places. Every time Tony Morris gets the mic. he turns into Joe Biden. He gets diarrhea of the mouth and offends a minimum of 2 million people. At least Biden's rants are just off-script. Its pathetic really. 

• Listener
    Listener

This talk is so Americanised with little regard to situations in other countries.  Here in Australia most students do not need to move from their home and live on site, they can even do most, if not all, of their course online.

Strange how University aged students are now children, not even teenagers.  It is hard to comprehend why the organization allows even teenagers to be baptized when it is still the parents responsibility for their spiritual care. 

Morris says 'we don't need Dr's and Lawyers in the new system but we will need carpenters and plumbers and similar construction trades' then immediately goes on to say 'it requires faith and confidence that our [current]  material needs will be cared for by training in other fields'.

So on one hand we can't have faith and confidence in God in the new system to provide, even though there will supposedly be resurrected ones with those skills as well as mankind will be perfect. Where in the bible does it mention that we need to be trained in skills that may be useful in the New World?  Isn't Morris once again going beyond what the bible states and decides for himself what the will of God will be and orders his sheep to consider these things?

Brumley says all credit goes to God in their victories, it is not them and their own work, they see God's hand.  If this is the case then they didn't need to become trained lawyers. They only proved that they are relying on earthly arrangements.

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

"We will NOT need doctors and lawyers after Armageddon......but we WILL need carpenters, plumbers, and similar construction trades."

So I guess that means they will need plenty of refinery workers in the new world to make the polyvinyl chlorate that goes into PVC plumbing pipe. And foundry workers to pour castings for faucets. Oh, then workers for the steel mills that will produce the steel for that. How will all this be transported around in their new world? By big trucks and trains I suppose. So it looks like they'll need to have auto assembly line workers, mechanics, etc. 

Have these guys ever thought this stuff through?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Socrateswannabe - "Have these guys ever thought this stuff through?"

That would imply that they think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit