We shall NOT watch how we walk

by mikepence 109 Replies latest jw friends

• mikepence
    mikepence

Simon,

I am not other people, I have not raised funds for anything else on your site. I have made very clear statements about refunds, etc. on this thread.

The details on the march were just released, revealing this agenda.

I have not called for a riot, and I do not appreciate my remarks being misrepresented in that way. I am calling for freedom of expression, which is an essential part of the healing process for victims of abuse.

Don't squelch the roar of the silent lambs to fit some misguided conception of how things 'should' be.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I know rosalyn. . .

I guess I just got a little mad when Mike claimed that I was making personal attacks towards him and that upset me.

Sorry Hmmm

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Mike,

Everyone needs to be aware of something IMPORTANT. America is in a heightened state of awareness, disorderly protests are not a good idea, especially not in New York. Ever heard of being arrested for making a TERRORIST THREAT?? Me either until recently. This is a personal incident that happened to our family just a few months ago. One member was our family was arrested for making Terrorists Threats. It took months and $8000 before a grand jury No-Billed him.
    Please think carefully about what the Watchtower Society would be willing to do in pressing charges.

In the U.S. federal system, each state determines what constitutes an offense under its criminal or penal code. (and believe me, right now it doesn't take much to be arrested) States have therefore defined terrorism generically as a crime, thus ending the true need for the use of specific statutes covering other selected criminal acts that are identified as terrorism. For instance, the Arkansas Criminal Code states that " a person commits the offense of terroristic threatening if with the purpose of terrorizing another person, he threatens to cause death or serious physical injury or substantial property damage to another person." **

Can you guarantee to me that in "expressing anger" no one will lose control and threaten anyone or any building etc. Right now I really don't want to lay out another $8000 . If you guys want my lawyer's card, let me know, but he's in Texas.

Edited by - nanoprobe on 20 August 2002 16:49:56

• SYN
    SYN

Well, MikePence, consider the fact that the people who generously donated money to your cause thought that you would be attending this march too - you're disappointing them by your actions. Bill has not asked that you sign anything, he is merely trying to instill a little order to the proceedings.

What I'm still puzzled about is what exactl you're so angry about. Bill has gone to great lengths to promote this march - surely he should be able to set it's agenda? He has not denied anyone everything - instead he has asked that people focus on one thing at a time.

You could always have your own march if you wanted to pursue other issues.

At the end of the day, you and Bill are really on the same side. There are few enough people standing up against the monstrous policies of the Governing Body as it is.

We need to capture the minds of the general public, cause an outcry - there is no way that will happen if a million different ideas and ideologies are printed on the placards being carried. Most people will just dismiss the march if they cannot understand it.

• Simon
    Simon
    If thousands of people showed up, and there was live music, chanting crowds --maybe even a little tear gas -- so what?

For me, tear gas = riot. Maybe I'm being simplistic but what you are suggesting is not a peaceful march.

You are free to express yourself how you want within reason but I do not believe you should hijack an event that someone else has organised.

I do not believe my 'conception' of how things should be is misguided and I am certainly not trying to squelch any silentlambs.

Don't jeapordise the roar of the silentlambs by ruining a well organised demonstration.

Edited by - Simon on 20 August 2002 16:47:22

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

If it were me, I would say: Why not open up the march to anyone who wants to protest the policies of Jehovah's Witnesses? Why the restrictions? If thousands of people showed up, and there was live music, chanting crowds -- maybe even a little tear gas -- so what? The media would say, "Wow, there is a lot of emotion here. We need to find out why..."

What the frag ever! You just dont get it do you. We are about awareness. Myself when I talk about being militant I mean militantly vocal. EXPOSING the criminal. NOT causing harm. TEARGAS? Whatever mike. You are seriously losing your credibility with each post. I suggest you not respond for a couple days. Think about the things we are saying. Then come back and calmly post. After youve taken a few million mgs of Xanax.

MARCH = PRESS COVERAGE = EXPOSING CHILD MOLESTERS = SMALL STEP TO STOPPING THEM

That's today's math lesson nimrod.

• nita6368
    nita6368

An earlier comment said that a poster here had abuse victims at home and in his family unlike Bill Bowen. Not to lessen any of the horrible things that have happened to anyone but Bill Bowen has an abuse hotline ringing into his home and his family life 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No , this is not Bill's family , nor his friends, he doesn't have to deal with any of it, he chooses to do it out of love out of concern.Bill and Shelia are normal everyday people, their kids go to school with my kids, they are just like you and me. Sometimes I think it gets forgotten they are not super heros, they work,they eat,they clean house,deal with kids just like us.There are very few of us who would be able to make the commitment they have made, I know I couldn't. To think or suggest they are doing this for any selfish reasons is ridiculous.

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Nita AMEN

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Well said nita

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Myself when I talk about being militant I mean militantly vocal.

Please re read my post. You CAN BE ARRESTED nowadays for what you SAY. I'm not guessing- I'm not saying could be arrested--I'm saying I know. It's called a terroristic threat and I don't know New York's laws but I bet they are the toughest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit