We shall NOT watch how we walk

by mikepence 109 Replies latest jw friends

• mikepence
    mikepence

Stinky Pantz. Stop the personal attacks and go away. You are not helping.

Expressing anger is a key part of the healing process for victims of abuse. The sky is blue. Gravity makes things heavy. These should all be obvious statements.

See this, http://incestabuse.about.com/library/weekly/aa010598.htm

Go, read, learn: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=abuse+victims+anger+recovery+healing&btnG=Google+Search

• Mister 8iggs
    Mister 8iggs

Hi, Mike.

You can keep my small donation because I know you and your family personally. I know the alleged abuser, too. I know that you aren't trying to "con" anyone. People obviously will think that you are "running a hustle" because they were primarily donating to help get you to the march.

Simon, Pennsylvania state law requires an "in-person" testimony from the victim(s). They won't accept videotape testimony from out-of-state.

Mike, I hope you can still make it to Pennsylvania.

Brian

• mikepence
    mikepence

Thanks, Brian.

We still have every intention of going to Pennsylvania, and pressing civil and criminal charges. It is the march up the courthouse stairs that they really feel, in the end.

Peace,
    Mike

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Mike,

keep in mind that this march *isn't just about you and your family.* You can read all about that concept in ANY psychology book. Please.....keep on reading.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Mike-

I reread my post and I never attacked you, what are you talking about? I only responded to:

Go read a ****** book on psychology, for chrissakes
    by saying that I have read Psych. 101 and much more and I could argue against your point. Also, I said you spoke for your family. Can I not speak for myself as an abuse victim?

Edited by - Englishman on 20 August 2002 16:32:6

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Mike,

When your case is presented in the Pennsylvania courts will you and your family "watch how you walk"? I hope so because perception may not be everything but damn near close to it.

The September march is a public trial, Bill Bowen is acting as attorney the rest of us as witnesses to criminal acts, a unified front is just as important on the streets of Brooklyn as it will be for your family in the Pennsyvania courts.

IW

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

edited for excessive sarcasm

Edited by - hmmm on 20 August 2002 16:23:47

• rosalyn
    rosalyn

I probably should not be making any comment here because I know I don't have all the facts but I it is very plain to me that Mike: you are hurting badly. From what I was able to read of the organization of the march I don't think anyone is trying to be dictator here. I think what is being hoped for here is a peaceful sensible demonstration.

I know of a situation in Canada several years ago when a group of xjws had a gathering in one of the conference rooms at a plush hotel. One of the attendees did go berserk. I was not there that particular day. I was told about it the next day at the brunch. This woman relived something when the subject of child abuse was discussed. She even destroyed some property. She ripped the antenna off a car off or maybe it was the side view mirror. The owner of the vehicle was made aware of the damage done to his car. He was an innocent "bystander" staying at this motel but when he found out what the reason for this vandalism he did not become irate. I was told he was very understanding. The management at the hotel was very kind as well. No one pressed charges.

None of knows when we are going to "lose it" We can only hope that people will be understanding and kind. Someone who doesn't have any compassion has lived a very sheltered shallow life. Let us just hope that we can be there for each other if and when we have to relive a terrible moment from our past.

rosalyn

• Simon
    Simon

Sorry, it's just that alarm bells start ringing whenever people start asking for money and then the 'plans change'.

What happened to the previous request for donations?

A Time for More Than Mere Words

http://xjwnews.com/article.php?sid=25&mode=thread&order=0

Was this $675 press-release ever sent out or any money raised and returned?

I think I have some duty to ask these questions as these requests have been posted on this site and there are many good hearted people here.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    Is this a press event, or is this really "for the children?"

As I understand it, this is a press event...for the children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit