Why Ex-JWs Will Never Go From Door to Door

by comforter 143 Replies latest jw friends

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

mevirgina,

Simon post that piture for me, but everyone know I'm a sweet loving cat.

• invisible
    invisible

Mevirginia, put on a few pounds, no way!! Don't listen to such tripe and codswallop, you look completely stunning, best I've seen on this board in one and a half years, I'm simply swept off my feet, like the tattoo too, very cool.

Fredhall you JW trollifarticious person, if you don't shut up, I'll kick you through the cat-flap.

'Celtic' Mark

Born here http://www.trebah-garden.co.uk

http://www.cornishlight.freeserve.co.uk

(Live down by the Helford River, check the pic link out).

• Scully
    Scully

Maybe it's just me,

but I won't go door-to-door

because I don't want anyone wondering

if either my companion or I are

pedophiles.

I hear that's what folks are

wondering about JWs these days

Love, Scully

• comforter
    comforter

To all you pedantics who criticized me for calling a child "it" you know nothing about English grammar. A child can be a girl or a boy. To cover my bases, I say "it." There is nothing wrong with this usage. It is common in English. Have you never heard anyone say about a baby, "Isn't it cute"?

Comforter of the genius class

• Southland
    Southland

My mother, an auxiliary pioneer, says that the Dateline issue has not come up at all at the doors.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Good come-back comf !!!! I truly believe you are a genius. So why don't you use your superior intellect and answer my question?

• comforter
    comforter

Stinky P

I would say that the Scriptures tell Christians not to associate with ousted brethren (1 Corinthians 5:11-13). But I might then ask what it means to associate with someone. Is it associating with ousted brethren if I come to this place? I do not understand the biblical command that way.

I do not fraternize or hobknob with ousted brethren. So am I really violating the Bible?

I know you also joking about the genius comment. Thanks anyhow.

Comfort

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Comforter,

Genius? If running from questions is a sign of ingenuity, you most definitely are a genius!

Edited by - 144thousand_and_one on 17 June 2002 17:30:27

• nowaytess
    nowaytess

Comforter, Going door to door doing the preaching is not work from the Lord. That is righ and I am about to prove it not only by the words of Jesus but using scripture.

Comfortor do you know Jesus was asked a direct question by his disciples about the Work of God? I like to take you to tthe word of Jesus who did answer this direct questoin:

28 "What can we do to perform the works of God?" they asked. 29 Jesus replied, "This is the work of God: that you believe in the One He has sent." 30 "Then what sign are You going to do so we may see and believe You?" they asked. "What are You going to perform?

Notcie Jesus after this premromed no miricle or even hinted about a mass preaching door to door work.

BTW, in the same text of John Jesus also answers on the will of God, which is not the preaching work but, let see what he says in John 6:

37 Everyone the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will never cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of Him who sent Me: that I should lose none of those He has given Me but should raise them up on the last day. 40 For this is the will of My Father: that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day."

So Jesus now answer 2 questions which were dircetly asked to him and Jesus gave in both cases direct answers. Can anybody argue against the fact that the preacing work is the will of God or the Work of God? In fact the if you look up what is the Gospel or Good News in 1 Cor. 15:1-11:

1 Now brothers, I want to clarify for you the gospel I proclaimed to you; you received it and have taken your stand on it. 2 You are also saved by it, if you hold to the message I proclaimed to you--unless you believed to no purpose. 3 For I passed on to you as most important what I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that He was buried, that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the Twelve. 6 Then He appeared to over 500 brothers at one time, most of whom remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. 7 Then He appeared to James, then to all the apostles. 8 Last of all, as to one abnormally born, He also appeared to me. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, unworthy to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by God's grace I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not ineffective. However, I worked more than any of them, yet not I, but God's grace that was with me. 11 Therefore, whether it is I or they, so we preach and so you have believed.

I think Jesus knows the will of his father, the work of the Father and what is the gospel.

He did give us a divine comission

Notice the comission means:

commission (k
    n.

1. The act of granting certain powers or the authority to carry out a particular task or duty.
      2. The authority so granted.
      3. The matter or task so authorized: Investigation of fraud was their commission.
      4. A document conferring such authorization.
      1. A group of people officially authorized to perform certain duties or functions: The Federal Trade Commission investigates false advertising.
      2. often Commission A ruling council within the Mafia that adjudicates family disputes and regulates family activities.
      3. The act of committing or perpetrating: the commission of a crime.
      4. A fee or percentage allowed to a sales representative or an agent for services rendered.
        1. An official document issued by a government, conferring on the recipient the rank of a commissioned officer in the armed forces.
        2. The rank and powers so conferred
        3. in Matthew 28:18-20:

18 Then Jesus came near and said to them, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

He did not say just go door-to-door. Some churches besides Jehovah's Witnesses go door-to-door. Door to door was the method used in Jesus day. Most famlies lived together with slaves (workers) Most also work the famliy business, many never even moved more than 20 miles from their home in their life time. Plus the person who broght the gospel taught a whole household and stayed for many months. Hosptality was a not only a custom of the time, but it was a way of survial for those who traveled. Most hotles or inns were run by prostitution in Jesus day.

In the way Jesus gave us the Divine comission, he also left room for more modren methods.

Print is one way Even Jehovah's Witness use today to spread their version of the gospel. In the past JWS used phongraphs, even had a radio station with shows (I used to listen to them) Many have use Phone Wtinessing (MMM JW Telemarketers) now in many area running commercials and informericals.

So so many Christian churches use these means also. In fact many evangelical groups have TV stations which broadcasst in parts of the world Jehovah's Witness are not yet fully in. Door to door methods are not as effective in those countires.

Let us not all forget the Internet here. I personally feel it will be the last and greatest attempt to preach the gospel. the 2 groups.

Because a group does not go door-to-door does not mean it does not have Jehovah's Holy Spirit to preach behind them. Maybe the group listen a long time ago to phase out the door to door work because for the time or age is is goingto become less efficent. Other method are more effective, and less costly. Anyone who runs a ministry including the Watchtower Organization knows it takes resources to run it.

The local church does the sheparding, many support and witness about Jesus. Some have large ministry, many media based to appeal to mass audinece, or like my appeal to a smaller audience like Jehovah's Witnesses. All of them also have Jesus blessing.

Some still go door to door but not in a united effert as a Jehovah's Witnesses. I just find at least in the USA door to door is getting for ineffective as modren society is never home. Most are reached though other methods. That is why Jesus did not say how to do the divine comission, he just said like Nike, Just do it, let him handle the rest.

5. Nanoprobe
        Nanoprobe

I want to explain to you why I am not longer preaching after 27 years in the organization.

You can decide if it is because I no longer have Jehovahs spirit.

Do you remember that day in Kansas when my friends 12 yr old daughter ran away from home?

We tried to find her and eventually she was found at a worldly friend's house. The elders decided that no one should talk to her until her father; the Head of the Family was present. So I went home and they handled it and the family went home together. Can you imagine what was happening to that little girl at her fathers hands? Unless you are a real sicko, I doubt you will be able to do so. It included having her pet lambs legs cut off in front of her as a threat to silence. It was a few more years before the truth came out about the abuse and in the mean time her two younger sisters were abused. I was sick sick sick for months, I thought how culpable we all were, but I kept preaching.

Do you remember when that wonderful single sister asked the brothers in the neighboring congregation about the EX-elder who was interested in marrying her? He was divorced and no longer an elder she wanted to be sure he was okay, but they assured her, he was without reproach She was married to him for about 5 years before he confessed to raping his two young daughters, a charge that had been brought before the elders. Of course, it was his ex wife that was disfellowshipped and his daughters silenced. The elders told my friend she was not scripturally free because she married him after the event. But I kept preaching.

Do you remember my sister whose alcoholic husband beat and psychologically abused her? But the elders always blamed her; beat her with the Family Book as she liked to say. Do you remember when she told the elder about her husbands drinking problem and the elder asked her husband, Do you have a drinking problem? And he said no. Then she was told she was the one with a problem.

Do you remember that terrible night when her husband was driving drunk and ran over those two kids on the side of the road, killing the boy? And do you know what the elders asked my sister? What did you do to make him drink? She was sitting at the Thursday Meeting that night.

But I kept Preaching.

Do you remember my friend who watched her daughter bleed to death in childbirth? But now the blood components have changed and maybe she would have lived. Oh, well, But I kept Preaching..

Do you remember my friend in a foreign country who served two years in a bad prison for neutrality? He was beaten and cannot have children now. But now the rules have changed and there is alternative service. But I kept preaching.

What about the little girl who was raped recently in our congregation, justice was served in the legal system and he was incarcerated. But he came back to the hall and of course the elders support him, who cares about the victim? Who cares if we cover over the sins of pedophiles and allow them to turn our little girls into strippers and prostitutes and our young men into pedophiles? I cared and so I got to meet with the men in the back room. I felt like I was in a scene from the Sopranos and I was being threatening by a Made Man.

And I wondered .If an organization uses threats of disfellowshipping or other intimidation to shut people up dont they cease from being a religious organization and become part of organized crime?

And can you believe I kept preaching?

But no more. What would you have me tell people? This organization SHOULD be okay for you if nothing goes wrong in your life? But if it does and especially if you are a woman or a child, then this organization will destroy your life? Is that the message you would have me bring to the doors?

6. Share this

Google+
        Pinterest
        Reddit