Why Ex-JWs Will Never Go From Door to Door

by comforter 143 Replies latest jw friends

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Comforter,

I personally could care less whether you stay or leave. Your attempt to justify the exploitation of children that is rampant in your cult speaks volumes about your character. I wouldn't trust a person like you anywhere near my children.

• revdrjohnson
    revdrjohnson

But the Bible uses the phrase mh sunanamignusthai ("not to be mixing selves up with") to command Christians not to socialize with ousted brethren.

Actually, it's 'me sunanamignumi' not to keep company,

And the passage says absolutely NOTHING about an 'ousted brother' it says:

"But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer (reviler), or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

Stop your pathetic attempts with the Greek -- you don' have enough knowledge to push it. Just stick to your little NWT, and you won't betray your very apparent ignorance

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Nanoprobe

That was an absolutely awesome post

Did you write that or is it a quote from somewhere?

• revdrjohnson
    revdrjohnson

Many CHristians avoid going from door to door because they don' want to be mistaken for JWs

Personally, I fall into the category of those who find it revolting -- I have too MANY terrible memories of the vicious things 'householders' can do . . .

But when I have gone out I have made it my point to wear my Roman collar and a BIG Gold Cross, so there won't be any mistakes! (Not carrying a big ol' book bag wearing a hokey suit helps, also!)

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Lady Lee, Thank you,

Every word is mine, every incident is mine and every scream you heard was mine.

I actually believed in the Bibles Power to change lives. I believed in the enormous potential of the Watchtower organization to make a difference, to stop the physical abuse, to protect the abused child, to help them heal. I was so wrong, there was NO compassion from Watchtower only the desire to cover-up the incident.

I had no idea that while we were working so hard to bring them in the FRONT door the elders was destroying lives in the BACK room.

Even today when WBTS is beseeched with Child Abuse claims in the media, what do they do?

They cannot determine the difference between PROBLEMS and ENEMIES. And so Bill Bowen and the victims becomes the enemy, something to be annihilated at all cost. Perhaps in the war on enemies we will forget the PROBLEM of sex abuse?

Would you have me believe that these are spiritually mature men? Men who scream Apostate and lord it over everyone else?

Edited by - nanoprobe on 17 June 2002 18:28:34

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

dear nanoprobe......

those were horrible experiences,,,,,,, especially the one about the father cutting of the pet lambs legs in front of the girl that ran away......... someone i know had a similar experience....... her father was molesting her, and she went to the elders about it....... she was promptly handed back over to the father, and he beat her pet dog to death in front of her, to teach her a lesson.

• comforter
    comforter

???Actually, it's 'me sunanamignumi' nottokeepcompany,???

Actually you are wrong. The usual internet convention is to transliterate the Greek eta with an 'h' and not an 'e' which is reserved for epsilon.

Vine's Expository Dictionary also says:

"to mix up with (sun, "with"), ana, "up," mignumi, "to mix, mingle." You is wrong.

???And the passage says absolutely NOTHING about an 'ousted brother' it says:

"But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer (reviler), or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.???

Can't you read. The verse says that if anyone practices these things and "is called a brother" do not mix with them. Get your glasses on.

???Stop your pathetic attempts with the Greek -- you don' have enough knowledge to push it. Just stick to your little NWT, and you won't betray your very apparent ignorance???

Who is ignorant now, dearie? All you got is a little bit of preacher Greek. You are not even up to the level of Vine's.

Slam dunk!

Comforter

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Crawdad

That story was from a farm in Kansas. My friend lost her entire family of four daughter and one son in that mess. The son became an abuser, too. Two of the daughters were really messed up. Two got married and had families. Only one daughter stayed in touch with the mother. I haven't called the sister lately to see how things are going, it's just so sad. But I suppose a poor excuse on my part.

• revdrjohnson
    revdrjohnson

Actually you are wrong. The usual internet convention is to transliterate the Greek eta with an 'h' and not an 'e' which is reserved for epsilon.

Actually YOU are wrong. An 'eta' is a LONG E. So regardless to what the "internet convention" might be, from a pronunciation standpoint, 'e' would be correct. The 'h' is used -- NOT becausse of some non-existent "internet convention" but because English language word-processors tranlsate the 'h' into 'eta' when you convert any font to "Greek' or "symbol"

Vine's Expository Dictionary also says:

"to mix up with (sun, "with"), ana, "up," mignumi, "to mix, mingle." You is wrong.

is that so?

Sorry, I don' have my 'Vines' here. It's out in my car; so I can't argue what it does or does not say. But the ' sunanamignumi' is DIRECTLY from Strongs # 4874 http://www.blueletterbible.org/tmp_dir/c/1024376843.html#11-- and Vines generally agrees with Strong's.

Can't you read. The verse says that if anyone practices these things and "is called a brother" do not mix with them. Get your glasses on.

I have my glasses on and I DO see that it says anyone who is a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer (reviler), or a drunkard, or an extortioner should not be mixed with

But

(1) It doesn't say anything WHATSOEVER about an OUSTED Brother
    and

(2) MANY, MANY, MANY of us wo were 'ousted' were NOT fornicators, covetous, idolaters, revilers, OR drunkards.

I know I wasn't

So

Who is ignorant now, dearie?

Y'know. It just occured to me -- listening to your last response. HOW OLD ARE YOU, LITTLE BOY? and does your mommy know you're out here playing with these 'bas associations? You'd better stop before she spanks your hide!

a

• revdrjohnson
    revdrjohnson

Got Grown Folks' business to atttend to.

I'll stop by tomorrow and see if you're up from your nap. If so we'll chat some more.

Meanwhile, if you REALLY want to learn Greek, might I suggest

New Testament Greek for Beginners
    By: J.G. Machen

Type: Hardcover
    Number of Pages: 287
    Vendor: Prentice Hall / Penguin Putnam
    Publication Date: 1923
    ISBN: 0023734809
    CBD Stock Number: WW73480
    Dimensions: 5 X 7 1/2 X 3/4
    CBD Price: $59.00

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product/74452395?item_no=73480&event=SRC

It was my textbook, back in college -- when I was learning my "preacher Greek"

Another more affordable source is:

Word Studies in the Greek New Testament
    By: Kenneth Wuest

Type: Hardcover
    Number of Pages: 3499
    Vendor: Eerdmans Publishing Co.
    Publication Date: 1961
    ISBN: 0802822800
    CBD Stock Number: WW2280
    Dimensions: 5 1/2 X 7 7/8 X 1 3/4
    Retail Price: $100.00

CBD Price: $24.99

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product/74452395?item_no=2280&event=HP

It's also very comprehensive

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit