Why Ex-JWs Will Never Go From Door to Door

by comforter 143 Replies latest jw friends

• comforter
    comforter

Dear Reverend J

Did you know that onyl Jehovah is given such a title in the KJV? I guess you did not know that either. I am not going to waste time with you since you cannot see what 1 Corinthians is clearly saying. But let me correct one of the many errors you make.

???Actually YOU are wrong. An 'eta' is a LONG E.???

I never said eta was not represented by the English long 'e'. My comments have to do with transliteration schemes.

???So regardless to what the "internet convention" might be, from a pronunciation standpoint, 'e' would be correct.???

We are talking about transliteration and not pronunciation. Typing mh is correct. But me (with a mark over it) is ok too.

??? The 'h' is used -- NOT becausse of some non-existent "internet convention" but because English language word-processors tranlsate the 'h' into 'eta' when you convert any font to "Greek' or "symbol"???

Join an internet group that discusses Greek and you will see that they use 'h' (capitalized normally) for eta.

The teacher is tired of correcting error for today.

Comforter

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Nanoprobe

Up until now my webpage only contains information written by me personally. But your post makes me want to consider information by others. This is so powerful I would love to add it to my web site in a special section. Please email me even if your answer is NO

• Farkel
    Farkel

Comforter makes an ass out of itself again:

: Did you know that onyl Jehovah is given such a title in the KJV? I

Neither the name Jehovah nor the Tetragrammaton appears anywhere in the Greek scriptures, you halfwit.

If you want to discuss the meaning of words, at least get the language you are supposed
    to be dealing with right.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 17 June 2002 19:23:54

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

So who is this "Comforter" Person?

He used "saving souls" a number of times. Does anyone else think "saving souls" is rather unusual JW terminology?

Although, I would admit he recovered rather quickly after the first "saving souls" and sang the company song in the next few sentences.
    What about Preacher Greek, is that just an old Bible College term?

His quote: And what could be better than going door to door saving souls? Proverbs 11:31.
    Or That is why I preach. The purpose is to declare God's kingdom and save souls. Proverbs 11:31

• D8TA
    D8TA

Sorry all, for coming in late on the thread.

comforter,

Well, well, well. You really think your intellect is superior eh? I'll give you some credit you are smart. What makes you my favorite pet, is that you have the total lack of imagination to change who you are. Same damn pattern HildaMystiNonComforter. You start out strong, but when you progress in your so called arguments, you always...ALWAYS resort to your same pattern.

Now honestly my pet, dont respond with the same old "huh, who? What? Not me bull crap." Lets just for-go this part of it, for the sake of not making an ass of your self.

Once again, I'm on top of your game.

I've given you this advice before, but you fail to heed it; You ALWAYS resort to the same pattern of sentence structure, and use of words and phrases. Had this been someone else, it would at least be different in some aspect. Not the same.

Now, the reason Im going to be on top of you as long as Im on this board is this:

You are not a Jehovah Witness. You claim to be and start threads, but do not stick to issues at hand. You are more concerned about proving some sort of superior intellect here. Your presence is not to discuss, nor bring out points, or argue, or debateits for your self glory.

Im not going to say that you shouldn't be here, nor am I going to say you have no right to what you have to say.

What I am saying is; Im going to point you out, for your game of deception, that you like to play these silly little games.

Now, lets have another challenge. Discontinue the name comforter and start anew with another I.D. (this way we can relieve Simon from crossing out another one of your identities).

Yet againanother round: D8TA -4 HildaMystiNonComforter 0

Would you like to play again?

D8TA

Edited by - D8TA on 17 June 2002 19:14:20

Edited by - D8TA on 17 June 2002 19:18:47

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Comforter - Can you please learn how to use the quote button...Actually it doesn't matter because you really haven't backed up any of your arguments with any fact. The only arguments that you have pursued have been grammer ones. Do us all a favor and back yourself up with something substantial. Plus the only thing you are doing is managing to prove how ignorant you are about your own religion. Maybe you should think for yourself, give YOR own opinions not the WTTS and then, only then we would have a smidgen of respect for the things that you post.

BTW - my original quote that you soo took out of context and started this flame thread with, was indeed a joke....so get over yourself already.

Spice

PS - I noticed that you never responded to me after the accusation that we dont put our real names or pictures up. I proved you wrong and didn't even get an acknowledgement. (If I was wrong I would freely admit it...however you on the other hand..I guess we shall see the type of person you are and whether you will own up to that or not)

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

comforter,

"The teacher is tired of correcting error for today?" This all makes me so sad. The banter, the uselessness. I am new here, and I am sure this has been asked of you time and again, but apostates are here. As a faithful JW, you are not to associate on any level with apostates. Do you have an extra helping of HS protection? Do you count time while here? Perhaps you are one of the housebound who pioneers by letter-writing, and you prefer this forum? You spout all the scriptural wisdom as the society spews it, but what about the casting of pearls before swine like us? As I said, it all makes me so sad. Oh, and as for the qoute, or near qoute, at the beginning of my post, how haughty can a JW be!!! My goodness! Actually, I KNOW how haughty a JW can be. I rarely came in contact with a truly humble one, sad to say, self included.

• Dawn
    Dawn

As a JW I also thought we were the only ones doing the preaching work - because that's what we were told...remember??

The command is that the good news would be preached in all the inhabited earth - it does not say by "door to door" - the good news can be preached in many ways.

If you're really interested in knowing if this is being done - just search the internet for statistics on Evangelism. You will find thousands of churches that are participating in outreach ministries with in the United States, as well as thousands of missions overseas every hear. How about all those missionaries (from many religions) that have made it their life? How about those missionaries that faced the death penalty in Afghanistan?

I did some research on this topic and was blown away to find out that an estimated 165,000 Christians were martyred for their faith in 2000 - why do you suppose they were martyred? How did people know they were Christian? Because they were EVANGELIZING!! They were telling people about the good news - about Jesus.

The good news is being preached in the earth - statistics and facts show that - they also show that JW's are not the only ones active in evangelizing.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Cumfarter,

You keep dodging my questions regardinng exploitation of children within your cult. Why? No balls? No brains? Which is it? Step up to the plate, put up, or shut up.

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

dear nanoprobe,

i lived in mound city kansas for a while,,,,,,,,,,, among various other places,,,,,,,,i know how bad the decisions of the elders in those back rooms can be.......... especially in farming country, where elders have less contact with the outside world....... many here don't believe how horrible the things are, that go on in those elders rooms and the consequences the victims suffer, imediatly after the meeting.

would you consider posting a few experiences,.......... one at a time,,,,,,,, on the other boards here?..... the scandal board is a good one,,,,,,,, or the personal experiences board is good,,,,, or the child abuse board.......this board moves really fast,,,,, and you words will soon be lost here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit