Why Ex-JWs Will Never Go From Door to Door

by comforter 143 Replies latest jw friends

• comforter
    comforter

???I would not go out in "service" or door to door because I had enough doors slammed in my face as a JW youth.???

I like this logic. Since people have meted out ill-treatment to me, I will no longer preach to them. Jeremiah once felt this way. But he continued to preach cause God's word was like fire burning in his bones.

???What would I tell my neighbors? "Be afraid, very afraid...of the JW's! They will try to indocrinate you into believeing that the "end of the world" is coming."???

If you had God's spirit, you would not be wondering what you are going to tell your neighbors.

As far as college grads go, I can take just about any college grad and school him with ease. We jws are qualified by God's spirit. We do not need human letters to preach.

Comfort

• comforter
    comforter

One question for Spice:

If you all think that jws are such a bad cult that brainwashes people, why not warn people of the danger? I think that Moonies are a dangerous cult. I go out and warn people about such cults. For me, there is nothing better to do than save souls. That is my thought. Proverbs 11:31.

Comforter

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    If you had God's spirit, you would not be wondering what you are going to tell your neighbors.

Guess that all those service meetings are rather unnecessary then aren't they?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    If you all think that jws are such a bad cult that brainwashes people, why not warn people of the danger?

Yup that is exactly what I did - no service meeting required

• comforter
    comforter

???Guess that all those service meetings are rather unnecessary then aren't they????

With or without the service meetings, I know what to say. The service meetings just sharpen us and help those who are not natural born communicators. Plus the service meetings function under the supervision of God's spirit.

Comforter

• metatron
    metatron

Your post is total excrement.

Witnesses don't go door to door because they love people. They go door to door because

of peer pressure and fear of dying at Armageddon. Witnesses commonly joke about

'worldly people' being birdseed or whose house they would like to have once the occupants

are slaughtered by God in the Great tribulation.

The "ministry" Witnesses perform is mostly phoney - they go out on a Saturday, talk

to 3 people who actually come to the door, sell some magazines to one or two of them

and count 2HOURS on a time slip. (when in fact, they spent perhaps 2-3 minutes actually

speaking to anyone). The false nature of this empty work can be seen at nearly

any circuit assembly - those getting baptised are almost entirely Witness kids

(perhaps an adult or two that was someone's workmate).

Thankfully, this waste of time "ministry" is being curtailed by Witnesses themselves.

How so? Because Witness contributions are dropping, so that literature is being cutback.

That' s why they now print paperback books, why they are downsizing Bethel, why they

canceled food service at assemblies and why they have canceled subscriptions recently.

God is getting tired of paying for this nonsense...

metatron

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Comforter

What are you doing here? Trying to preach to the already awakened?

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp
    If you all think that jws are such a bad cult that brainwashes people, why not warn people of the danger? I think that Moonies are a dangerous cult. I go out and warn people about such cults. For me, there is nothing better to do than save souls.

I for one let those around me learn by my example (hmm..bible teaching isn't it). Also more important than savings souls is the right let others make up their own mind. If I were to try to force my own opinion on other it ultimately ends up doing the opposite. Take me for example. It was forced upon me and I pushed it away with all my might.

The warnings are all there....some just refuse to look at them. it is the same old adage that you cannot change a person unless they want to change. This site is snother example....when someone wants info on the dubs...they come here and we don't ever tell them what to do. We only give them more information from our own experiences in order for them to make a more informed and yes their OWN choice.

It all comes down to choice!!!

When was the last time a JW ever gave all info for a completely informed choice. Umm never...they just brainwash and control.

Spice

• comforter
    comforter

???Witnesses don't go door to door because they love people. They go door to door because

of peer pressure and fear of dying at Armageddon. Witnesses commonly joke about

'worldly people' being birdseed or whose house they would like to have once the occupants

are slaughtered by God in the Great tribulation.???

What is wrong with you? You cannot take a joke? I could care less about having a nice house and I do not want anyone to be bird seed at Armageddon. That is why I preach. The purpose is to declare God's kingdom and save souls. Proverbs 11:31. I loves people.

???The "ministry" Witnesses perform is mostly phoney - they go out on a Saturday, talk

to 3 people who actually come to the door, sell some magazines to one or two of them

and count 2HOURS on a time slip. (when in fact, they spent perhaps 2-3 minutes actually

speaking to anyone). The false nature of this empty work can be seen at nearly

any circuit assembly - those getting baptised are almost entirely Witness kids

(perhaps an adult or two that was someone's workmate)???

So you think that only time spent talking to people should count? Get out of here. We cannot help it if Satan keeps this world so busy that we cannot find people at home. We also cannot help if people are home but hiding.

???Thankfully, this waste of time "ministry" is being curtailed by Witnesses themselves.

How so? Because Witness contributions are dropping, so that literature is being cutback.

That' s why they now print paperback books, why they are downsizing Bethel, why they

canceled food service at assemblies and why they have canceled subscriptions recently.???

The Society has explained the subscription situation. They want us to concentrate on making disciples, not placing literature. Just a theocratic adjustment, dude.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Comforter.....Get Real!

If they wanted to reach all the people around the globe, they would use television and satellite technology. And I don't mean those lame commercials they produced. A handful of missionary's isn't going to do the trick in China or Islamic countries. Of course those missionary stories help boost the money-giving in this and other democratic countries. And money is what it's all about.

-BONEZZ

"When the Truth is found to be lies, you know all the joy within you dies." - Grace Slick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit