Why Ex-JWs Will Never Go From Door to Door

by comforter 143 Replies latest jw friends

• out4good3
    out4good3

Have you never heard anyone say about a baby, "Isn't it cute"?

Whoaaa, struck a chord did we?

Everyone I know will determine the sex of the child first then refer to him\her as "Isn't he\she cute?". Where I'm from it's common coutesy and proper decorum. Calling someone's baby "it" would probably get your teeth knocked out by one of us unsophisticates in the south.

But what do I know, ...I'm just a worldly.........

• giantjason
    giantjason

Comforter,

You mentioned you do not fraternize or hobnob with outed bretheren?? What the hell are you doing right now?

• comforter
    comforter

Dear out

It depends on one's locality. People my way still use "it" knowing full well that the baby is either a boy or girl. I think that child is a neuter noun. If that is the case, then one can use the word "it" when speaking about a child. I know that Greek word for child is neuter.

Comfort

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Have you never heard anyone say about a baby, "Isn't it cute"?

Yes. And they were all idiots.

Farkel

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Well comforter I will give you the dictionary definition of associate and YOU tell ME that you aren't associating with me:

1. A person who joins with others in some activity (Aren't we involved in the same activity? That is writing back and forth on JWD?)

2. To connect in the mind or imagination (I wouldn't say that I exactly connect with you in mind but in a sense we are. You are sharing your opnions and I am sharing mine)

3. To spend time socially; keep company (I suppose that in this instance you would disagree with what "socially" means. But you are in a sense keeping me company by responding to me through means of this forum)

4. To connect or place together in thought (We are placing our thoughts together in the same place, correct?)

5. Connected by habit or sympathy (We have both been pretty habitual about posting although we are both fairly new)

So can you still say that you aren't associating with me? And most importantly would the elders think so?

• comforter
    comforter

???Yes. And they were all idiots.???

You mean, like you, Farkel?

Don't think I am going to waste my precious time trading insults. I just had to answer your nonsensical comment.

Comforter

• revdrjohnson
    revdrjohnson

Without the spirit of God, one cannot continue preaching about Jesus and God's kingdom (Matthew 24:14). One surely will not have God's spirit if one preaches a negative message (against Jehovah's servants) from door to door. One also cannot preach without loving God and neighbor. That is why you will never see jw opposers out preaching from door to door. It is a divinely supervised work that is a mark of true Christianity. Only true Christians can faithfully carry out this work.

Comforter

Or maybe because after years -- decades of knocking on anonymous doors the thought of knocking on another is entirely revolting!

Not to mention that many Christians (including those of us who are XJWs) DO engage in door-t--door evangelism, as well as in malls, on pedestrian street corners, at bus stops, on their jobs, in elevators, and on, and on, and on, and on . . .

We have MANY evangelism protocols at our disposal -- not just going to private homes.

Furthermore, the one scripture upon which you people base your entire premise about door-to-door proselytizing does not even refer to door-to-door ('thura') ministry: it refers to going from HOUSE to HOUSE ('oikos')

You can't show by any BIBLICAL precept that going to somebody's door is an 'act of love' NOR that it is the only method for reaching the Lost prescribed by the New Testament. Your statement is silly and self-serving. And don't GET me started on the thing about you people and the Holy Spirit

Acts 2:46 [LITV] And continuing steadfastly with one mind day by day in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they shared food in gladness and simplicity of heart
  • comforter
    comforter

Stinky

I do not associate with anyone in this place. I am merely a nomad, a drifter and a pariah to you people. Like a mist, comforter will be here for a little while and then disappear. Furthermore we two have never talked much. So how can you say I have been associating with you? I just do not see it.

But the Bible uses the phrase mh sunanamignusthai ("not to be mixing selves up with") to command Christians not to socialize with ousted brethren. Now if you want me to leave I will be glad to. But I interpret the Greek differently than you do. I am in the this place but not a part of it.

Comforter

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Don't think I am going to waste my precious time trading insults

Good thing. You're terrible at it.

: I do not associate with anyone in this place. I am merely a nomad, a drifter and a pariah to you people. Like a mist, comforter will be here for a little while and then disappear.

Hmmmm. Comforter is now talking in the third person. Gee, I wonder what recently defunct poster was noteworthy for doing the same thing?

Farkel

• HappyHeathen
    HappyHeathen

Comforter,

FYI -- Correct English grammar does not change for each locality, and it is very bad form to refer to a human as "it". In situations where you want to be gender neutral, you use "he/she" or alternate the use of "he" and "she" throughout, as in most publications about child rearing.

HH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit