Why Ex-JWs Will Never Go From Door to Door

by comforter 143 Replies latest jw friends

• revdrjohnson
    revdrjohnson

OK 'teacher"

Thanks for the lesson [8-o]

OH by the way which Greek discussion group would YOU suggest? Certainly NOT GEEK-mythology @ yahoogroups.com?

BTW . . . 'teacher' why do you need a "transliteration" or a "transliteration scheme" if you are such a great teacher. And why do you resort to a $15 bookshelf dictionary to 'teach' from.

Y'wanna git RAW why didn't you use BDB or TDNT?

Oh yeah, and:

Did you know that onyl Jehovah is given such a title in the KJV?

In Ps. 111:9 -- which is the only place in the KJV where the word "reverend" appears, the term refers to holiness. And since our mandate from Him is:

Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. 1Pe 1:16

maybe having a title that honors Him, and that honors the beauty of holiness ain't so bad.

Whattaya think

• comforter
    comforter

???Thanks for the lesson [8-o]???

You welcome.

???OH by the way which Greek discussion group would YOU suggest? Certainly NOT GEEK-mythology @ yahoogroups.com????

Have you heard of b-greek?

???BTW . . . 'teacher' why do you need a "transliteration" or a "transliteration scheme" if you are such a great teacher. And why do you resort to a $15 bookshelf dictionary to 'teach' from.???

I do not need a transliteration scheme unless I post on Greek lists. Comforter reads Greek with smooth fluency. There was also a purpose in quoting Vine's. I will let you figure that one out.

???Y'wanna git RAW why didn't you use BDB or TDNT????

I use them both along with BAGD and LSJ.

???Oh yeah, and:

Did you know that onyl Jehovah is given such a title in the KJV?

In Ps. 111:9 -- which is the only place in the KJV where the word "reverend" appears, the term refers to holiness. And since our mandate from Him is:

Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. 1Pe 1:16

maybe having a title that honors Him, and that honors the beauty of holiness ain't so bad.

Whattaya think???

I think I have a problem with people giving themselves a title that only belongs to God. I would say that "reverend" used in the psalm does not mean holiness. It means awe-inspiring.

Comfort

• comforter
    comforter

I will correct something I did earlier. Proverbs 11:31 should be Proverbs 11:30.

Comfort

• HomebutHiding
    HomebutHiding

Comforter...Please address my post, now on page 6. Thank you.

• comforter
    comforter

???Neither the name Jehovah nor the Tetragrammaton appears anywhere in the Greek scriptures, you halfwit.

If you want to discuss the meaning of words, at least get the language you are supposed
    to be dealing with right.???

Is your head on straight, Farkel? Who said that Jehovah or the Tetragrammaton appears in the Greek bible?

Get your facts right.

Comforter

• comforter
    comforter

???Do you have an extra helping of HS protection????

No. God does not give the spirit in portions.

???Do you count time while here????

Why would I?

???Perhaps you are one of the housebound who pioneers by letter-writing, and you prefer this forum????

Nope.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Can anyone else sense a "Hilda" in Comforter's responses? Remind you of a chameleon? A person who stays awhile? Creates a stir? Leaves briefly? Returns under a different alias to stir some more? Anyone sense theocratic warfare here?

• Bang
    Bang

Why Ex-JWs Will Never Go From Door to Door.

Hang on, it's coming to me - it's a hard one. Yes, that's it.

"Do not go from house to house."

So what do the opposers achieve by their ministry?

"...if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched ..."

Bang

Edited by - Bang on 17 June 2002 20:1:54

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

CRAWDAD

I have posted one story on silentlambs. I find it very hard to believe other witnesses when they say they don't know of any cases of abuse. I took a poll with a group of 5 witnesses at a dinner table a few months back. Four of them recounted stories of child abuse they knew of happening. One sister firmly denied ever hearing about abuse in the organization. I told her, "Well, it's probably because you were an elders wife and no one told you anything." Later she came up and told me that her own daughter was raped by another elders son. They had covered it up as per request, today her daughter is a drug addict. So you never know what is in someone's mind.

You know what is so crazy, my children were not abused. My husband is a good man and he never beat me, the organization was a good thing for us in many ways. But what I saw happen to many others, including my own sister is a crying shame. How ridiculous that I just kept preaching though it all.

The straw that finally broke the camel's back was, well, I see that is actually a very long story to type here. I may post more elsewhere.

Edited by - Nanoprobe on 17 June 2002 19:47:56

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

" I would say that the Scriptures tell Christians not to associate with ousted brethren (1 Corinthians 5:11-13). But I might then ask what it means to associate with someone. Is it associating with ousted brethren if I come to this place? I do not understand the biblical command that way. I do not fraternize or hobknob with ousted brethren. So am I really violating the Bible?"

No, I personally dont think so. But I do think youre probably counting your time. Beats pounding the pavement, Im sure. Plus, with apostates, you don't have to pretend to be so wonderful. You can cut right to the chase. Get right to the heart of those "spiritual truths..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit