Why Ex-JWs Will Never Go From Door to Door

by comforter 143 Replies latest jw friends

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Comforter,

What about those who loathe going from door to door and do so only because they are coerced by their parents? You don't give a shit about these children, but you are sure proud to be part of an organization that benefits from and encourages their exploitation.

I noticed your use of the word "it" when referring to children in your house. Do you consider them to be property, hence, your use of "it" to describe them? I guess that explains why you think it's OK to treat children as slaves. They don't have any rights or feelings, they are merely property to be exploited for the benefit of the Watchtower cult.

As a person who is not only a member of the cult responsible for this exploitation of children, but one who now speaks in defense of this evil practice, you have lots to be ashamed of. Your cult has destroyed many lives and mentally damaged countless others. Some day, it will consume you too.

• Matty
    Matty

Comforter, that's correct. I'm not saying all kids lie to keep their parents happy, just some. I certainly didn't. I went on the ministry because I loved Jehovah and wanted to make him happy. That doesn't mean I enjoyed the ministry, I didn't. It was something I just had to do.

Edited by - Matty on 17 June 2002 14:1:37

• invisible
    invisible

Comforter - You state, "We will provide comfort through discomfort". Please explain this comment simply and how Love and Joy are aligned with 'discomfort'.

You also state, "While a child is in my house, I will encourage 'IT' (bold/italics mine) to go from door to door". How dare you describe a child as 'it', how dare you?!!

You've caught me today in one friggin filthy mood and I really couldn't give a monkey's fuckin' toss for your reasonings. Perhaps if you were to disclose your location, I and a few others here might knock some sense into you, provide you Comforter, with some Comforting Discomfort on the end of a baseball bat or two? You like?

Fuck off asswipe.

Already tracing you.

Celtic Mark

Cornwall UK

• out4good3
    out4good3

Any group that uses people for its own ends, zombifies them, and teaches extreme and false religious views acts as a morbid influence to society.

With the legalistic sidestepping way the WT acts against those following their vesion biblical ideology, this definition fits them to a "T".

• simplesally
    simplesally
    I want to save souls. That requires three things though. God's blessing, my personal love for others and a soul's willingness to be saved.

I never heard of saving souls the whole time I was a JW! We never talked about people getting "saved"..... what part of the world are you in?

I think you are so misguided and that you lack the love that is really needed to even be a good minister. You are judgmental, self-righteous and smug. Not to mention, STUPID. You can go read your November 99 KM and it there will tell you to NOT VISIT apostate sites. It tells you to NOT do what you are in fact doing. It warns you that you are supposed to know with whom you associate.

Now go read your NOVEMBER 1999 KINGDOM MINISTRY and then tell me what you learned.

• out4good3
    out4good3

While a child is in my house, I will encourage "IT" to go from door to door.

IT !!!!!!!!

You really know how to show respect for a person with an individual intellectual capacity, even your own flesh and blood don't you? I'm willing to bet your dog gets more respect than that you just offered to your kids.

IT !!!!!!!!

You've summed up quite nicely how the WT Society REALLY feels about those in this "life saving work". To those legalistic, bureaucratic old men in Brooklyn that's exactly what you are, a nameless faceless IT, a cog in what stripped down is nothing more than a huge publishing operation, a warm piece of meat scurrying around the neighborhood SELLING magazines and books under the guise of offering "life saving information".

And to think, I almost let my wife talk me into going to one of those district assembly meetings this weekend. Thanks for reminding me, comfort, of why I'll never again have anything to do with Jehovah's Witnesses and while I'll work tirelessly to get my wife out.

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

comforter, .........if you truly have "god's spirit".......... and are motivated by love, then get the show on the road!!!!!,,,,,,,,, go door to door!!!!!.......it's ok with me!!!!!!!........ the supreme court upheld your rights!!!

let's see how many new recruits you get over the next ten years, compared to the number of members "leaving" your wicked organization, because the spirit of the true god motivated them to get the facts about your cult.......... you can't even keep your own children in the cult......... go ahead,,,,,,,, go door to door!!!

• roybatty
    roybatty

You want to know what a cult is? In addition to what was already mentioned, it is also belonging to a group which excercises extreme control over it's members through threats of punishment. Let me give you an example. As already noted, you are breaking a serious rule by visiting this site. I think you'd agree but you must feel that you're not doing anything wrong because you come here often. So, if you feel that you're doing the right thing (and nothing wrong) why not tell everyone is your next post your full name and where you're from? Better yet, post a picture of yourself. Will you? Hmmmm...why not? Because you are afraid of the punishment that will come about when your local elders find out. THAT'S the mark of a cult. Think about it.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Notice the word "alone" dude. Think about it. Islam used to be and probably still is the fastest growing religion on earth. But that growth alone does not prove that Islam is the true religion. See what I mean, dude?

What else do you use, Dud, bullying a small commuity into accepting you at their doors, along with the other crooks and thieves?

Gives a whole new perspective on why the Watchtower coddles those pedophiles, doesn't it, Dud?

• BugParadise
    BugParadise
    am not here to peach. You Know taught me the folly of doing that in this place. I am just in this place to set the score straight. The Bible tells me to set opposers straight and expose their errors. I am not being hypocritical. We will provide comfort through discomfort.

Why preach a kingdom you will never see, or understand according to the Bible? John 3:3 says that quite plain.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit