GOING DOWN TO THE WIRE

by You Know 112 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

I just *KNEW* this thread would be a joyous shout over the doom and gloom that YK's God can't wait to visit upon planet EARTH!

If you *PROMISE* that the whole Middle East will blow itself up, I will gladly provide the match.

I can't even read his drivel beyond the first paragraph. YECCH.

Lisa

• dmouse
    dmouse
    Does anybody really know what time it is?

Hey! Its five minutes to 1953!

YouKnow has been wrong in his predictions time and time again. This makes him a false prophet. Period.

The scriptures (if you believe them) say that that day will come as a thief in the night and nobody knows the day and the hour; also 'many will come on the basis of my name, saying the due time has approached do not go after them.'

So, according to scripture, anyone who professes to know the time is due is automatically a false prophet. Jesus Himself has given you warning about the likes of YouKnow!

Newbies be warned, as you may already be aware of by now YouKnow cannot be reasoned with, his armour of self-importance is impenetrable. Neither does the appeal to common sense approach work, he is too immersed in his own twisted fantasies.

I have a theory that we all create our gods in our own image. YouKnows god is a vengeful, bitter, violent psychopath who will destroy most of mankind because they didnt find the needle in the haystack. What does this tell you about YouKnow?

YouKnow, I really feel pity for you, as I think that you are destined to die an embittered old man after a lifetime of disappointments.

Edited by - dmouse on 11 June 2002 4:28:33

• ballistic
    ballistic

I think I must be in the "ignored by You Know" class. I have never done anything to upset You Know so I'm not sure why this is.

• Farkel
    Farkel

YK,

: Do you honestly think the average church-goer is going to make the right decisions when under tyrannical coercion to compromise?

Lemme see if I've got this right. We had a "perfect" man and a perrfect woman living in a simple idyllic world with no other humans, governments, enemies or children to give them any grief, who were told by the very VOICE of GOD himself what kind of a test they were facing: simply don't eat a piece of fruit.. They were devceived not by "tyrannical coercion to compromise," but by a talking snake who dared to tell them the truth. They folded. God was pissed and they were toast.

Now, IMPERFECT mankind with tons of problems just trying to survive in a complicate world with complicated rules are to be faced with nearly overwhelming coercion to compromise whatever-in-the-hell-it-is that they shouldn't compromise. If they fold, God gets pissed they are also toast.

Some sick idea of fair play your God has there, YK.

Farkel

Edited by - Farkel on 11 June 2002 11:34:39

• Room 215
    Room 215

You Know...

`For if truly the trumpet sounds an indistinct call, who will get ready for battle?''... 1 Cot. 14:8

A question: If indeed this at long last is THE BIG ONE, what fate awaits those hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions, of people who initally found the Watchtower message appealing and plausible but who were subsequently hardened into skepticism by Brooklyn's numbing, innumerable cryings of ``wolf'' through the years? And who bears the responsibility for their loss of confidence in the current ``real deal'' warning?

• You Know
    You Know

The prevailing mindset of apostate ridiculers is a study in irrationality and self delusion. It goes something to the effect: 'They have been saying that the end is coming for decades, and it hasn't ended yet.' Apparently, at that point the little mental wheels and cogs get whirling in excitation and the machinery arrives at the conclusion that because the end hasn't come that it never will. Such "thinking" defies logic. Reasoning on the matter, according to the word of Jehovah, the end of this system of things is already established on God's calendar for a specific day and hour. Of course, only Jehovah knows the exact day and hour when he is going to abandon the world to destruction, but the point is, that from the time that Jehovah decreed the world's end there has been a finite number of days in the interim until the end. Regardless of how long the interval is, with each passing day there is less time. That's why the apostle was justified to write way back then that the time left is reduced. Therefore, the reasoning of ridiculers is complete folly. Rather than the passage of time reducing the likelihood of God's intervention, each day brings the world one day closer to Jehovah's day.

The same sort of foolishness is manifest by the poor sap who reasons that because the nations haven't had a nuclear exchange, in the relatively few years since the invention of weapons of mass destruction, that there is less chance now for a catastrophe. The opposite is of course true. The passage of time INCREASES the likelihood of calamity. Because of nuclear proliferation to third world countries, and the dissolution of the Soviet Union with less central control over their arsenals, with more and more terrorists zealously seeking to gain possession of nuclear weapons, and the fact that newer technology is making weapons smaller and smaller with greater portability and greater punch, the odds increase dramatically that such weapons will at some point be used.

Of course, no amount of reasoning could ever convince the hardened apostate ridiculer that the system is ending, primarily because Jehovah has in most cases evidently already abandoned such individuals to a disapproved state, preserving them until the day of cutting off; but it is worth noting the folly that leads men to make such unreasoning assumptions that deny logic, common sense, reality, and most of all---the word of Jehovah. / You Know

It gets worse> http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_2037000/2037552.stm

Edited by - You Know on 11 June 2002 10:58:20

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    The prevailing mindset of apostate ridiculers is a study in irrationality and self delusion.

Thats it let it all out Robert, confession is good for the soul. I know that you are deluded and irrational but as time passes you will feel better. Remember, one day at a time....lol

HS

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You Know,the Jerry Seinfeld of JW.com...posts about nothing..(LOL)...OUTLAW

• Flip
    Flip

...truly embarrassing.

Flip

• You Know
    You Know

Outlaw, in your case evidently we aren't even dealing with whirling wheels and cogs, but rather rubber bands and pieces of old string. LOL / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit