GOING DOWN TO THE WIRE

by You Know 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

You Know gets less interestinger and interestinger every day..........

Sincerely.

District Overbeer

• You Know
    You Know

Bonovox

Cool, thanks for checking. Im just puzzled, maybe Im blowing it out of proportion, but to follow all the WTS prophesies, it certainly struck me as a precipitating event, especially in light of what has happened since then:

The way I see it, what the Watchtower says or doesn't say is largely irrelevant anyway. Doesn't the scripture say: "Let every man be found a liar, but God be found true?" Besides, the Watchtower is facing its own judgment from Jehovah. The reality is that Jehovah's prophetic word doesn't depend upon men to even understand it in order for it to be fulfilled. In fact, given the experiences of the apostles, while they were with Christ, NOT understanding the prophecies seems to be a prerequisite on the part of God's otherwise relatively enlightened servants in order for certain aspects of prophecy to be fulfilled. Basically the Watchtower has accomplished its assignment in that it has heightened awareness of the issues and prepared a people to face Jehovah's judgment, but what happens once the judgment commences will largely be unanticipated even by those of us who have been in expectation of it. / You Know

• Tallyman
    Tallyman

Hey U-Gno,

Here's a scenario for your little theokratic fish lips to suck on:

Say, ol' Smoochy the Weasel - a.k.a., araRAT the King of the Philistines,
    is right about his dire warning, as read in the Jerusalem Post:

* http://www.jpost.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=JPost/A/JPArticle/Full&cid=1022691099038

...and over the weekend the Talking Heads were saying how al-Qaeda
    has trained some of their operatives to scuba-dive, and how alerts have
    been given out to agencies to watch the waters... and especially
    the waters around the harbors of New York City... and specifically the
    harbor area around the southern tip of Manhattan, where the heart
    of the Financial District resides... and with the concern that these
    terrorists who just love to hit the same target areas over and over,
    just might, JUST MIGHT have a fission bomb - not a dirty one -
    a real NUKE... and they smuggle it in underwater, up the point of
    the East River and the Hudson headwaters, right there where Wall Street is,
    and where, uhhh, if you think about it, yeaaah, RIGHT THERE where
    jehovah-Of-The-Watchtower has her HeadQuarters in Brooklyn Heights,
    and if they detonate an underwater nuke,
    via a Homicide ScubaBomber...
    why, Why, ! ! ! WHY THAT WOULD TAKE OUT BETHEL! the house of god!

Would jo-Of-The-Watchtower put up a Fallen Angel-generated Force Field
    around the complex, homes and factories... of would it be vaporized
    along with the rest of the WORLDLY structures -
    the kind that are not "covered" under the mandate you theokrats like to cite:

"Unless jehovah-Of-The-Watchtower herself builds the house,
    It is to no avail that its builders have worked hard on it.
    Unless jehovah-Of-The-Watchtower herself guards the city,
    it is to no avail that the guard has kept awake."
    ___Psalm 127:1 NWT

So, how's 'bout it, U-Gno?
    Is THIS
    gonna be protected?
    I mean, of course the areas #2, #3 and #4...?...
    because #1,
    specifically,
    has already been obliterated.

If jah-O-T-WT FAILS to "guard" areas #2, #3 and #4
    and they get leveled by a nuclear detonation set off by terrorists,
    just like the WORLDLY buildings all around these theokratic facilities,
    will that mean that THEY WERE BUILT TO NO AVAIL,
    and/or that the Watchtowergod DID NOT BUILD THEM??

Or, will the destruction of Bethel/the house of the Watchtowergod
    be written off, or rationalized off as "persecution"?

Or, is this Watchtower "prediction" about the Fiery Destruction
    of lower Manhattan's Wall Street & Stock Exchange REELY gonna come true?
    * http://www.intrex.net/talley/Weep_34.html

because IF it does, like you like to stir up "hopes" for...
    then YOUR Bethel/House of god is going to turn into The Sum Of All Fears,
    and my guess is that the "stalwart" theokrats living on THE NYC Harbor,
    are trembling in their factory boots rite about now,
    thinking of what 'might be', and that their Komfy Kult Nest-
    turned into a Damascusesque, Leveled, Smoking, Ruinous Heap...
    will not even then be good for a
    Pissant Public Privy!

U-Gno, you has sho 'nuff set yo-self up, Hoss!

LOve, Tallyman

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

Reborn,

Adding to your comments, I notice You Know failed to address my question as to whether he'd apologized to Ray Franz for referring to him as "lawless" in one of his posts here. When asked to provide support for his accusation, You Know pointed to a thread in which he implicity labeled Franz as a "gossiper." Assuming Mr. Franz is indeed a gossiper, being a gossiper does not make one a lawbreaker. Therefore, You Know's labeling of Mr. Franz as "lawless" is devoid of basis, and inappropriate. Given the pompous demeanor he exhibits on this board, I can only conclude that his failure to respond to this question strongly suggests that he did not apologize to Ray Franz or take any other action to correct this situation.

You Know is an excellent example to anyone interested in the Jehovah's Witness cult. Click on his member setting, read up, and witness the effect this cult has on the objectivity of its members.

• Farkel
    Farkel

YK,

: The way I see it, you have forfieted any right to demand of me a response.

Translation: "I have no legitimate rebuttal."

Farkel

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Hawk mistakenly clicked on this thread.

Hawk has now realized YK (aka Bobby) just went another round with the stupid stick and lost.

Hawk has now opened up a large brown paper bag.

Hawk has now placed the opened paper bag over his head.

Hawk has now closed this thread.

hawk

• Soledad
    Soledad

The way I see it, you have forfieted any right to demand of me a response

uh, when did he do that? And how come you are the only one that sees it that way?

why are you so conceited? who do you think you are?

dont bother to answer if all you're going to do is preach and/or insult me.

• Dawn
    Dawn

I, for one, have always enjoyed reading You Know's posts.

However, You Know - I'm going to have to have a "beef" with you here - hope you can see my side of this.

For years many religions (including the Watchtower) have focused on Armageddon - end time prophecies - aka fire & brimstone. I understand that the intention is to warn people and alarm them to "wake up" before it is too late. However, in focusing on the last book of the Bible you are diverting attention from the message that is so clear in the books prior to Revelation - that of love, grace, and your relationship with God.

If I only went to meetings or church, studied, prayed, etc. because I see what is happening around me and was afraid the end was near - is that really of any good? (Matthew 7:22). Definately Not!! Why? Because I missed the whole point - which is the REASON behind my actions. I should pray, study, do good works because I WANT TO - because it is a natural growth (fruit) from my heart which starts with (1) accepting Jesus as my personal savior, and (2) asking him to be the Lord of my life. If I have the right relationship with Jesus and have developed a relationship with him - then my "works" would come naturally and not be based on some "work ethic" of making it through Armageddon.

BOTTOM LINE - using scare tactics may get some people to the meetings, but it won't make a heart change. Jesus did warn of the "time of the end" - but that was only a small portion of his ministry - the majority of his ministry was focused on the love and grace of God. If you REALLY want to reach people right now - don't try scaring them into submission - instead, show them love, encouragement, and point them to Jesus - not Armageddon.

• larc
    larc

Hey Farkel,

I have noticed a pattern with our pal You Know. (Yes, I catch on eventualy.) He avoids comments from certain posters. Of course, he is under enormous pressure. He is the only one here fighting crime and us criminals, and sometimes he gets overwhelmed.

You Know, I feel your pain.

• TheStar
    TheStar

YK,

I don't even read your posts or responses, excepting this one.

Do you even realize how foolish this statement is?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit