GOING DOWN TO THE WIRE

by You Know 112 Replies latest jw friends

• You Know
    You Know

Reborn: There are a few posters that I consider to be nothing but thugs and ankle-biters. You happen to be one of them. The way I see it, you have forfieted any right to demand of me a response. I don't even read your posts or responses, excepting this one. / You Know

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Funny, I've heard this same diatribe back in 1980, 1985, 1990. I feel sad for those whose lives are so pathetic now that they dream of a mythical cleansing to give them a new start. I believe it was the discovery channel that had a series on cult beliefs and apocolypse theorists. They said the only way for this belief to work is to convince the follower that these changes will occur in their lifetime. I can honestly say that at one time they had me totally convinced.

Well....some say we'll see Armageddon soon,

I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation...

• julien
    julien
    Underlying the demons obvious relentless drive to initiate a global holocaust

Why would demons do something so stupid as perpetuate the 'tribulation' which will ultimately culminate in their incarceration and eventual destruction?? Demons would have to be stupid to do this; what demons and satan would do, if they actually existed instead of being fantasy beings conceived by ancient tribesmen, is work on bringing peace to mankind. If the world was peaceful, Satan would effectively win over God, he could say look I have brought peace, and didn't have to murder all the non christians to do it.

The whole thing is a joke and You Know sounds like a foaming-at-the-mouth sackcloth-wearing homeless person ranting in the streets at anyone who will listen. He might as well be claiming imminent proof that the sun revolves around the earth.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Thank you Robert.

Your comments only serve to prove my point for me.

When confronted with quotes taken directly from WTBTS literature, and when questioned about your own contradictory statements so clearly exposed.. what do you do?

You resort to name-calling, condescension, and avoiding the topic at hand altogether.

Note to lurkers: This is the method of operation for most of your standard Jehovah's Witnesses, even moreso the hardcore, fanatical ones, which YouKnow obviously is. They seek to convert you with their own interpretation of Scripture, and they hold the Watchtower Society and the Jehovah's Witness organization in the highest regard, yet when clear facts are presented which demonstrate that the WTBTS and Jehovah's Witnesses are a false prophet and corrupt religion, they turn a deaf ear or evade the issue completely.

Thank you again Robert for your response, it is truly appreciated.

I will comment on every thread you start YouKnow, and expose you everytime.

Other posters: You may also wish to click the "members" section in the above left corner of your screen on the website, then click "Y" and scroll down to "YouKnow"'s profile. Glancing over to the right, you will see a white sheet of paper which represents all of the threads that YouKnow has started. If you take the time to thoroughly read all of his comments and predictions, you will see that he presents a fine example on this website of those who profess to be loyal Jehovah's Witnesses that behave in a childish manner, prophesy events falsely, and contradict themselves time and again. Educate yourselves on what Jehovah's Witnesses are about, that you may avoid being caught up in such an extremist cult, which divides families, shields pedophiles, murders children, lies to it's members, and does scores of other horrific things in the name of God.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 10 June 2002 15:0:6

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Hey You Know........the WBTS had it's chance to be a 'true prophet' regarding the 'worlds end'. They blew it . And now a great number of prognasticators ( political, economic,philosophical,militaristic) keeps us all in eager anticipation of major confliguration. But once more...........NOTHING THE WBTS HAS SAID OR DOES WILL MAKE THEM OUT TO BE TRUE PROPHETS AND NOTHING THAT THE WBTS SAYS OR DOES WILL AFFORD THEM ANY SPECIAL PROTECTION OR DELIVERANCE.

• dubla
    dubla

and if you are enjoying this thread, you might also want to check out some of these cheery titles:

WAR & RUMORS OF (NUCLEAR) WAR

GET READY TO MEET YOUR GOD!

ONLY A MATTER OF TIME

GOING DOWN IN THE ONRUSHING FLOOD?

NUKES: THE ULTIMATE WEAPON OF TERROR

WATCHING THE WORLD GO DOWN

WHY THE WORLD IS DOOMED

WHY THE DOLLAR IS DOOMED

MORE ON WHY THE PRESENT SYSTEM IS DOOMED!

aa

• larc
    larc

You Know,

Yes, we are living in wondrous times. The possibility of mass destruction and tribulation does thrill me. It reminds me of the days of Ghengis Kahn, when the priests of Europe thought that he was the fulfillment of Revelation. Yes, Ghengis had the power, and not even with the help of Satan, since he had not been caste down yet.

Our day reminds me of the thrilling times of the 14th century, when famine pestilence, and war swept the world, and stopped population growth in its tracks. Yes, we are at an historic moment, like so many other ones in history, where we can look to Bible prophecy, just like so many before us did, for those right and true interpretations that can so easily be found in that magic book of Revelation.

Oh glory, glory, how fortunate we are!

• bonovox
    bonovox

Bonovox: I am not aware of anything that the Watchtower has published about the world's situation after 9-11.

Cool, thanks for checking. Im just puzzled, maybe Im blowing it out of proportion, but to follow all the WTS prophesies, it certainly struck me as a precipitating event, especially in light of what has happened since then:

- US declares war on worldwide terrorism

- world discovers that its really religious terrorism

- world turns on religious terrorism, then decides that it runs way deeper, and is a part of every religion in some form or another

- world turns on all religion, and in the process steps on god's true religion (whoever that may be)

- bang, there ya go, Armageddon...

Or am I being too simplistic? The only wrench in the whole works that I can see is that fortunately the whole world hasnt jumped on the bandwagon and it no longer appears that the US/UN is going to be allowed to march willy-nilly throughout the world in the name of rooting out terrorism...but it aint over till its over, I suppose, anything could still happen...

Dont ask ME why, but on the morning of Sept 11, after over 10 years 'out' and god knows how many wars and world events since I left, something really struck me about THIS event and I just said 'shit, if there is an end, this is the start of it'....ok maybe I was overreacting, but like I said, its not over yet, as far as I can see...

BTW peeps I have no undying desire to see this happen anytime soon, but I would like some advance warning as to when to start driving up to the Canadian Shield with my trailer-trash trailer and weapons cache thanks very much! LOL

Edited by - bonovox on 10 June 2002 15:9:33

• You Know
    You Know

Why would demons do something so stupid as perpetuate the 'tribulation' which will ultimately culminate in their incarceration and eventual destruction??

The scripture says that they are furious because they know that their time is short. So, whether the demons try and blow the world up, or simply do nothing, they are goners. They are going to get jailed regardless of what they do and they know it. But, being that they are demons and that they actually rule the world, it's theirs to do with as they please. Jehovah's judgment in fact allows them to bring a great deal of destruction upon the world as retribution upon those who have so foolishly and heartily embraced such an evil death-dealing system such as we presently live under. Hope that helps / You Know

Edited by - You Know on 10 June 2002 15:11:59

Edited by - You Know on 10 June 2002 15:17:46

• 2SYN
    2SYN

Cool! Another quality YouKnow thread! Things are getting interestinger and interestinger indeed!

Well, at least "metastasizing apostacy" is a good way of describing the XJW phenomonen. It is a tad difficult to type tho! Had to do it 3 times before I got it right

But guys, remember the end is coming soon, "any day now". So beware.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit