The long weekend of B.S begins - UK.

by quellycatface 106 Replies latest jw friends

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Gawd! Letts, give me strength. Its like Jackanory, a nightmare version with staring eyes and predatory rubber lips. Shudder.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I'll say it again, that dude Lett is creating apostates every time he speaks to a crowd.

I love it.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

I exited my body at one point to view it as an outsider would...

Had a vision of North Korea, our glorious leader(s) faces beaming down on us from gigantic screens barking out orders and gushing with praises .

Very 'brazil'-like.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Did you notice the statistics gap during the talk about 1.3 billion this (hours), 28000 that (k'halls) built, everything quantified and noted, 'all supported by your contributions', pregnant pause, the only item for which there was no number attached. Not even a hint of the financial figures. It stood out like a sore thumb to me.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

When I said he kept saying "begins" I meant "begans". It's not even a word!

• 88JM
    88JM

It was down in the program as an audio drama, but it was more like the Stephen Lett show interrupted with a few bible verses. They really have to stick their mug in everywhere these days, don't they? It's like a popularity contest to see who can get the most coverage - Herd giving talks, Lett doing videos and Morris on the invitations. Oh and the bible verses were read by Jackson come to think of it.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Only went to yesterday's (for hubby's sake). Can't stomach any more than that but something made me laugh. On the way back to the bus I overheard two sisters and I thought it perfectly captured the JW mindset!

Sister no.1 'I like these new understandings but I have to be honest I don't even remember the old ones.'

Sister no. 2: 'Well, I think that's a good thing isn't it?'

• bigmac
    bigmac

hey--88JM----just what is your avatar--? is it a sexual thing involving a rabbit ?

never mind this twickers thread---nothing new--heard it all before--50 years ago.

• 88JM
    88JM

Haha no bigmac - its a roman sculpture of two people wrestling - an apt metaphor I thought. I think its a copy of a Rodin sculpture - I came across it at a country estate house in Ireland.

In other news, the convention BS continues.

They said "everyone spoke Hebrew before the tower of Babel". No attempt to back it up of course.

They did a "cuddle with lions and tigers" in the new system talk with a very awkward and unrealistic conversation of some teenagers discussing their ideas for the new system.

Now they're doing a talk about "new scrolls" from a verse that doesn't even say "new scolls", and just making up crap that these imaginary new scrolls might contain.

The B.S. is coming thick and fast this morning...

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the heavens opened just before 6 last night when the ass'embly crowd would have dispersed! clearly divine intervention, weather looks clear , cool and and sunny today, wonder which Pope will speak today?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit