The long weekend of B.S begins - UK.

by quellycatface 106 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Isn't going to be wonderful??

Not being there.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

Dammit, just about to set off.... You enjoy your day!

• alanv
    alanv

My son and his wife are there for three days. I must send them my condolances.

• Daisychaindream
    Daisychaindream

Jehovahs blessings on you all, and don't forget to top up your 3g so you can actualy do something productive... bbc iplayer is a good one!

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Anyone who's going, please remember to take notes of actually interesting things we'd like to know about...like how much weirder the talks are than last year, or more direct commands to disobey everything your brain actually tells you and instead follow mind-warping information from the bOrg.

• Daisychaindream
    Daisychaindream

cultBgone your right. I could use that info for the next time the elders pry........ or lovinly shepherd me!

My note taking this year is distinctively different to last year!

• KateWild
    KateWild

DHOH....how you holding up? Take regular breaks and drink plenty of kool aid, you need to get out mister. Kate xx

It was fine, I'm just laughing about it inside now, instead of stressing.

I can point out small things here and there to the missus without coming over all apostate.

I can wear my bushy beard with pride, despite the looks.

I can strengthen my critical thinking skills during the sessions and in my note taking.

I can support my wife in her hobby and social life despite thinking it's all bull.

I can actually catch up with some mates during the sessions too.

All in all, not too bad a day. It was interesting actually seeing and hearing a member of the gb give a talk. And hearing the audience fawning over every tiny joke ("ooh he's so HUMAN, he has a sense of humour and EVERYTHING ") personally I thought it was very average, not very coherent, bit of a mish mash of a talk. Even now, with what I know, I expected something outstanding, after all he's one of the EIGHT people on earth god deals with directly, right?

• Stealth
    Stealth

in your notepad, make two columns, label the first 'Jesus' and the second 'Governing Body'

Everytime you hear those words make a mark and report back the total for each.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit