The long weekend of B.S begins - UK.

by quellycatface 106 Replies latest jw friends

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

I've got notes. I'll post some when I get chance.

(maybe toilet break today if I can get Internet..)

• Listener
    Listener

We see so many photo's of the JWs making their way to their seats or sitting listening but we rarely see those joyous faces leaving the convention after such tremendous upbuilding with all this spiritual food.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

My mother has gone up to Twickenham (H.Q), best when the rugby is on methinks!!!

She has been ill recently but went anyway. She makes me sick. She never comes to visit her only grandchild or send him any pocket money but is spending a shitload of cash to be a good little jw. I put the phone down on her last time we spoke, I was that angry.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Most of my JW family will be going to the Excel centre this weekend. Despite the fact I live 20 mins away I don't expect any calls / visits, far too much effort.

Instead I shall be at the apostate convention in Vauxhall today, in the pub. ;)

• ambersun
    ambersun

Some sisters on instagram have been gushing about how much they enjoyed Samuel Herd's talk and how wonderful he is with such a great sense of humour. I can't say I was laughing much when I listened to his Stepford Wives style talk about women on you tube. Maybe they think that being told that their brains are inferior and that their purpose in life is to get up at the crack of dawn to cook breakfast and bake biscuits for their men is hilariously funny?!!

• 88JM
    88JM

63 baptised here in Glasgow, Scotland (28 male, 35 female) from an attendance of 8164.

About par for Scotland from what I remember from previous years - maybe a few more than the last few conventions.

Anecdotal observation: the young/old split of baptisms was about a 50/50 split - not all teenagers but certainly a sizeable amount. I don't think I saw any pre-teen, really young kids getting baptised - maybe one young boy who could possibly have come into that category.

Definitely the most boring convention ever. And I think Sam Herd is back on this afternoon...

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

I'm sure you'd all love to know this, but the family and I have come down with d&v just in time for what is undoubtedly our last convention! I joked with my wife that it was jehovahs way of telling us that we were making the right choice lol. Although I'd rather not feel washed out for the next few days.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Lurker - sound like you'll be having a better time than those that attend the convention. I know I would have preferred food poisoning to the mental poisoning at the convention.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Herd was off again today but well trumped by Letts on screen, narrating something from 1 Kings. When does that nut job blink?? Anyone else notice he kept saying "begins" instead of "begin"?

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

After I asked her if she thought he was computer generated, (Letts) my missus said that he looked like something from 'spitting image'!

(a reference probably lost on our American and other friends here, but it made ME laugh. A bit too loudly too!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit