The long weekend of B.S begins - UK.

by quellycatface 106 Replies latest jw friends

• SuperBoy
    SuperBoy

Who knows? Edited!

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks for the clarification 88JM.

Actually, given that the were several hundred international delegates attending at Twickenham, the final attendance number - 149,174 - for Sunday's attendance at all conventions in England, Scotlant, Wales and Ireland seems on the low side - espeically since Sunday's usually have the highest overall attendances.

In context, there were close to 137,000 peak publishers in the UK in 2013 with a memorial attendance of 223,845. Suddenly, 149,174 does not seem so impressive. Is it usual for a such a shortfall of convention attendances compared to memorial attendances? Just wondering.

• running_away
    running_away

Yep... I was there, just next to you.

By far the most manipulative convention that I can recall.

And the agony of walking around!!!

I was expecting somebody to explode a bomb there, and send us all to the heaven. A lot of people will be grateful (me included)

• 88JM
    88JM

I don't know how much it would factor in, but another thing would be that a few JWs in Britain probably also went to the other international conventions elsewhere in the world and did not attend the one in Britain. I'm not sure how big that number would be though - they would need to be fairly well-off, although the bookings are more left up to the publisher with this latest round of conventions instead of an expensive pre-arranged travel package.

• konceptual99
  • rory-ks
    rory-ks

You can see THAT resurrection video in full at this post.

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

Not everyone has been sucked in by it. I know one MS/Pioneer who walked out of Twickenham before the end and swore he'd never go to another meeting.

• SuperBoy
    SuperBoy

That was freaky.

More like a rally - which evidently, is the point.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Not everyone has been sucked in by it. I know one MS/Pioneer who walked out of Twickenham before the end and swore he'd never go to another meeting.

Wow! Is that someone you know? What were his reasons?

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Tim Hooper, that Pathe video certainly brought back many memories..............my goodness we were so sure we had found something worth fighting & working hard for. Those assmblies were damned hard work...........8 days long & until 9pm in the evening.

We 1963 attendees had no idea what the WBTS would become.

I didn't really believe reports of the mexican wave, now I've seen over 6 minutes of one cringeworthy mexican wave after another.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit