Accusing Ex-JWs of Behaving Like JWs Should be Taboo

by cofty 447 Replies latest members private

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

losingit: Exasperating is more like it.

What? You don't like me on this thread, but you like me on the one you started?

Isn't that kind of JW-like? To only approve of me when I agree with you or say something you like?

• talesin
    talesin

Good for you, Vivi!

You are in the minority - you are a person who, though 'her' intelligence has been insulted and mocked, can overlook that and discern what the person is sayin. What an EXTRAORDINARY person you must be!

I celebrate you!

otoh, maybe you are just one of Cofty's friends, and are bullshitting.

whatever! lol, I think I know who YOU are ................. carry on, 'Viv" ...... oh, and by the way, I harbour a teeny bit of resentment that you have chosen to use my grandmother's name to perpertrate your sock-puppetry.

mwah haha

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Oub

Part of being healthy, and non-JW (or cult) is being able to take constructive criticism --------- it seems that you feel you are 'above that' ...............

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

tal

• talesin
    talesin

I have expressed why I think your thread is wrong.

Some people do act as if they are still elders. They sound as if they are the authority on everything. (Very JWish).

Some people aren't like that at all. If they disagree, they move on. But it's ok. Maturity takes time.

Oh ... my ... Gawd! Minimus, that was profound.

Does this mean we finally get to sing Kumbaya, or conversely, that you will make me a nice piece of schwag (jewellery). :P

xo

tal

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Because a truth can be spken, but if it's done in a rude, and off-putting way, it WILL be ignored or challenged.

We are adults. We need to temper our thoughts, if we want to be heard. Tal

I look at that in exactly the opposite manner. Because we ARE adults, we should be able to look beyond a facade and see the real value of something, good or bad. Dismissing something because of perceived issues with tone is the childish way to behave. Viv to Tal

That's what we're saying. Repetition [edited to add: repetition of Viv's point-- which has been made a few times in this thread] is a good way to help everyone remember. Remember what? That if someone points out that you're going at something the way you did when you were a JW, apply Vivianne's advice. She put it so succinctly.

• Viviane
    Viviane

You are in the minority - you are a person who, though 'her' intelligence has been insulted and mocked, can overlook that and discern what the person is sayin. What an EXTRAORDINARY person you must be!

Why the quotes? And no, when you, and I do specifically mean you, do try to demean people and reject what you hear because the tone didn't suit your fancy, it is childish.

otoh, maybe you are just one of Cofty's friends, and are bullshitting.

No, I was serious. You really need to learn to act like an adult.

whatever! lol, I think I know who YOU are ................. carry on, 'Viv" ...... oh, and by the way, I harbour a teeny bit of resentment that you have chosen to use my grandmother's name to perpertrate your sock-puppetry.

Ah, so you're one of the people in league with Kate. She too think she knows stuff about me. All wrong, of course, but it's pretty funny to watch people proud of being wrong.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Saying the same thing over & over again in the belief that people will eventually be convinced by mere repetition is very JW-ish. Everyone on this thread is guilty, lol. l

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Well, tell that to Vivianne, transhuman68.

• FlyingHighNow
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

talesin: Part of being healthy, and non-JW (or cult) is being able to take constructive criticism

Agreed

talesin: --------- it seems that you feel you are 'above that' ...............

Why on earth would you say that? Seriously.

What criticism have you, or anyone else, ever given me that you believe my response indicated that I felt I was "above that"?

Please be specific. On previous threads I have felt that you have sniped at me with similar comments but you failed to respond with specific answers.

Why do you often resort to attacks on people's personalities rather than addressing the topic of a particular thread? Could you please explain that to me?

Thanks,

Oubliette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit