Accusing Ex-JWs of Behaving Like JWs Should be Taboo

by cofty 447 Replies latest members private

• cofty
    cofty

I am seeing it repeatedly on the forum. I think it is cowardly.

Sometimes it is appears in the form of accusing others of behaving like JW elders. To add insult to injury, it is frequently used by some who were never JWs.

Consider what many of us had to go through to get out the cult - what is cost us in terms of family and friends. The intellectual struggles we experienced to get over years of indoctrination. The courage and integrity it took to reject everything we once held dear.

To label somebody who disagrees with you as acting like a JW is a craven personal attack.

There are occasions when it is simply a statement of fact - when somebody preaches end-times speculation for example - but to use it as a cheap shot is unacceptable.

• talesin
    talesin

It happens. Sometimes the person is right, and sometimes not.

It's interesting that you are so bothered, that you feel the need to make a thread.

Here's a thought that one of my therapists told me, and lol, it was so true, yet a difficult lesson!

If something REALLY bothers you about others, MAYBE it's because you have the same problem. Look in the mirror. Once you realize that you have that behaviour, then you can fix it.

Your concern about this issue leads me to wonder .............. try looking in the mirror, Cofty.

tal

• talesin
    talesin

And by the way,,,,,,,,,,,,, TABOO? lol, why?

Look in the mirror .................

• cofty
    cofty

You are one of the worse offenders Talesin. Its practically your trademark.

Here's a thought that one of my therapists told me...

Save the psycho-babble.

• talesin
    talesin

whatever

lol, of course I am!

Have you ever realized that you went from JW, to Evangelical Xtian, to here?

Doesn't that tell you ANYTHING, bro?

You are so smart, so loving, and so many great things. I don't fault that at all ,,, and in the usual setting of real life, okay. Here, though, to set yourself up as a be-all and end-all to all scientific thought?

To be sarcsatic and nasty to all those hurting, delusional bible - believers?

whatever, I can't help you if you can't see what you are doing. You're a good man, and I admire you. You still think you are always right, though, and what does that say?

t

• talesin
    talesin

And your comment about psycho babble is very much a JW one ........... you have NO argument except to diss my thoughts.

Try researching THAT ..... instead of trying to bully me by calling my legitimate statements psycho babble.

Edited to say: Do you hear yourself? The JWS also say that psychology is babble ...............and we know that is bullshit.

• cofty
    cofty

your comment about psycho babble is very much a JW one ...........

There you go.

• talesin
    talesin

hahaha,

Now, where is your argument? Prove me wrong.

• talesin
    talesin

The JWS discount therapy............. so you agree with them?

• talesin
    talesin

It's not easy to look in the mirror, hey?

Well, if you finally decide to do that, let me know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit