Accusing Ex-JWs of Behaving Like JWs Should be Taboo

by cofty 447 Replies latest members private

• losingit
    losingit

I get Outlaw... when you have a simple message that does not reach the other person at all, in fact, they shut their ears and insist on the POV, well... it can lead to total exasperation.

Btw Cofty,you've been saying for pages that you're going to start a new thread but you keep responding to this one. Let's see the new thread already.

• cofty
    cofty

in fact, they shut their ears and insist on the POV

I didn't do that, I gave reasons for my opinion which has been supported the way Outlaw et al have behaved in this very thread.

All the usual suspects have used variations on the "JW mindset" insult and applied it to mean absolutely anything they wish to condmen. In most caases those are the very things that correlate to their pet peeves, as we know from their previous posting history.

If anybody has a reason to object to my OP that consists of more than loudly declaring its wrong and childish insults I have still to hear it.

I said yesterday that I would start a new, more postive thread after the weekend.

• cofty
    cofty

Why do some people confuse the popularity of an opinion with its veracity?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cofty: Why do some people confuse the popularity of an opinion with its veracity?

Because, sadly, that's how most people are.

It actually takes really hard work to be different.

Because most of us are lazy, we often substitute the answer to an easy, familiar question for a difficult, unfamiliar question. The truly odd part it that the majority of humans will be completely unaware that they have done this. Even when it is pointed out to them, they will often deny it. They are not lying, they actually are unaware of what they have done. There is vast psychological research data which supports this strange phenomenon.

There is a book by Nobel prize-winning Economist, Daniel Kahneman, Thinking, Fast and Slow. It describes some of the idiosyncyracies in our cognitive processing systems that explain ubiquitous human behavior and answer your question above.

BTW, Although it is a fascinating read for anyone interested in cognitive sciences, it's not overly encouraging in its objective assessment of the intellectual abilities of the average human.

He also discusses how easily we can be manipulated by those that know how. This is also not very encouraging.

• losingit
    losingit

I'll start the thread for you, cofty.

• cofty
    cofty

Oubliette - Thanks for the book link. I am almost through my current list.

we often substitute the answer to an easy, familiar question for a difficult, unfamiliar question

That is so true.

Losingit - feel free but I will start the one I have in mind next week.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw - If you do have a point try making it calmly without all the ranting and raving.

I really do get it that "theres alot of People on Your thread,who Don`t Agree with" me. Of course there are, it would be a boring forum if you made an OP and everybody agreed. I have considered all the comments in the thread, pro and con, and remain convinced that the OP makes a simple and valid point. Strangely all of your vacuous insults haven't convinced me otherwise.

Your behaviour in this thread has been very strange. It has been fascinating to see the real person behind the cute cartoonss.....Cofty

It`s clear you`ll "Misrepresent Anyone" who Disagrees with You..

I`ve neither ranted,raved or chased you from thread to thread,like you do to so many others..

You wrote this thread saying it`s wrong to "Accuse Ex-JWs of Behaving Like JWs",simply as an insult..

I think most people would agree with you,including myself..

You also say sometimes it`s warrented..I also agree..

There are occasions when it is simply a statement of fact .....Cofty

When somebody Behaves like a JW,it`s Not Unreasonable to Point it Out..

Unless that Person is You of Course!..LOL!!..

You are one of the Worst Offenders on the Forum for Behaving like a JW..

You feel Entitled to Police other People,thought,speach,beliefs..Ect..ect..Thats JW Behavior..

People were simply pointing out a statment of fact..

Some were Believers,some were Atheists,I`m Agnostic..

You turned on Anyone who Disagreed with You..Thats JW Behavior..

You misrepresent Anyone who Disagrees with You..Thats JW Behavior

Your behaviour in this thread has been very strange. It has been fascinating to see the real person behind the cute cartoonss.....Cofty

You`ll take Any Opporunity to be Condescending to Anyone who Doesn`t Agree with You..Thats JW Behavior..

.....................................LAST BUT NOT LEAST..

..............................THATS JW BEHAVIOR..LOL!!..

You may want to Think Twice the next time you Chase somebody around a Forum..

Trying to Shove your Beliefs down Their Throat..

It could be A Troll who Gets you So Angry..

It inspires you to Start a Thread,that Turns Out to be About You..LOL!!..

.................................................................................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• cofty
    cofty

The list of things that constitute "JW behaviour" according to the angry little Muttley just keeps on growing.

By the way when you use a comma in a sentence, you need to add a space after it. When you use an apostrophe you don't. Words don't start with an upper-case letter unless it is the first word in a sentence or a proper noun. Bold font is best used sparingly and reserved to highlight important words. Using it all the time makes it look like you are ranting and raving. Also, "LOL!!!" is a bit sophomoric don't you think?

Some were Believers,some were Atheists,I`m Agnostic..

should be - Some were believers, some were atheists, I'm agnostic.

You're welcome.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The list of things that constitute "JW behaviour" according to the angry little Muttley just keeps on growing.

By the way when you use a comma in a sentence, you need to add a space after it. When you use an apostrophe you don't. Words don't start with an upper-case unless they are the first word in a sentence or a proper noun.

So Some were Believers,some were Atheists,I`m Agnostic..

should be - Some were believers, some were atheists, I'm agnostic..

You're welcome.

I`m not angry cofty..

I`m simply pointing out what others have said to you and how you behave..

Your Response was to assume I`m angry...Police my Use of upper case letters..And...Insinuate I should be grateful..LOL!!!!

I`ll be grateful to leave this thread..

VillageGirl was right..

"It`s a battle of wits with an unarmed man"..

............................................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• cofty
    cofty

Police my Use of upper case letters..And...Insinuate I should be grateful

I thought you had a sense of humour?

I`ll be grateful to leave this thread..

At last. Are you running out of insults and childish cartoons?

It has been fascinating to see the churlish person behind the wacky persona.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit