Accusing Ex-JWs of Behaving Like JWs Should be Taboo

by cofty 447 Replies latest members private

• minimus
    minimus

LOL, see, Flyin', he agrees!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

FHN - You seem to keep ignoring the point that this is a religious discussion forum. Outside here I doubt if any of us ever discuss matters of faith with anybody.

How exactly does debating religion exclusively on a religious forum make somebody JW-like?

Lots of people discuss religion and atheism without becoming JWlike in their method of debating. It is a discussion forum. You are correct. That's why it bothers a lot of us when it over steps the definition of discussion to become a venue for people rabidly trying to adopt people into their way of viewing God or atheism.

• cofty
    cofty

What is lazy about what he said? What is judgmental about what he said? What is arrogant about it?

He made absoutely no attempt to address the issue or the reasons that have been offered to support it. He simply dismissed somebody he disagrees with as being JW-like.

This is the epitome of arrogance and intellectual laziness.

Then he tied himself in knots with double negatives and ended up condemning himself.

• losingit
    losingit

Whoa minimus-- i did NOT say cofty should never tell someone to stop accusing others of acting like a jw. I was expressing the sentiment that it's a HUGE turn off when ppl attack each other on this forum. They can continue, it doesn't affect me enough for me to say 'stop'. Like I said, I simply AVOID the thread or go to another website. I just find it funny/ interesting that the pot is calling the kettle black. :-P :-)

• cofty
    cofty

without becoming JWlike in their method of debating.

That is just a meaningless phrase. It can mean absoutely anything you want it to. It's a lazy catch-all

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Who the hell is anybody to tell us that one should never say that accusing someone of behaving like a JW should be taboo --? - minimus

• cofty
    cofty

I was expressing the sentiment that it's a HUGE turn off when ppl attack each other on this forum.

I attack ideas not people. And this thread isn't about atheists v believers.

• losingit
    losingit

Ok whatever cofty-- GN. Peace out!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

That is just a meaningless phrase. It can mean absoutely anything you want it to. It's a lazy catch-all

It's not a catch all. We all know exactly how JWs go about trying to persuade people.

What is lazy is calling every comment that does not agree with you, meaningless and not answering the sincere questions of those who do not agree with you.

• minimus
    minimus

I have expressed why I think your thread is wrong.

Some people do act as if they are still elders. They sound as if they are the authority on everything. (Very JWish).

Some people aren't like that at all. If they disagree, they move on. But it's ok. Maturity takes time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit