Accusing Ex-JWs of Behaving Like JWs Should be Taboo

by cofty 447 Replies latest members private

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i thought there were some good comments and an interesting thread

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

Well I think the very point of why we are here is because we want to stop behaving like a JW.

I'm out since 2006 but sometimes I still detect some JWs behaviour in my life. That's the burden of a born in...

• cofty
    cofty

Thank you Simon.

Minimus, outlaw and others depend on the unfortunate fact that many people are easily impressed by bluster rather than content.

Turning topics into a tribal conflict is childish. We should all listen carefully to opposing evidence with an open mind but debates are not "won" by the number of people who are willing to join forces to insult their opponent, derail the topic and misrepresent other's opinions.

I could accuse minimus, outlaw et al of behaving like JWs but that would be a lazy and cheap insult so I will resist.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Minimus, outlaw and others depend on the unfortunate fact that many people are easily impressed by bluster rather than content......Cofty

Cofty..

Your "Lumping in Everyone" who "Doesn`t Agree" with You..

Turning topics into a tribal conflict is childish. We should all listen carefully to opposing evidence with an open mind

but debates are not "won" by the number of people who are willing to join forces to insult their opponent,

derail the topic and misrepresent other's opinions.

There is No Gang or Group,"Out to Get You"..

These are "Individual People" Telling You how "They Feel"..

The Ones who Don`t Agree with You.....Are....."Belittled and Dismissed" by You..

I could accuse minimus, outlaw et al of behaving like JWs but that would be a lazy and cheap insult so I will resist.....Cofty

I can`t Tell if it`s a Failed Attempt to Look Honorable,or to Be Funny..

I see No Resistance..LOL!!..You Thinly Veiled,Your Accusations and Insults..

So by Your Own Definition..

That would Make You,Insulting,Lazy and Cheap..

You Insulted YourSelf!..LOL!!..

Your ignore Your Own Behavior,while Questioning Everyone Elses..

..................................You Make It Very Clear..

........................NO ONES OPINION OR OBSERVATION ..

..............................IS AS IMPORTANT AS YOURS..

................... WTF??!!.......................................... Nice Suit!..

.......He`s In His Underwear!!.......................Damn I look Good!!...............

.......http://www.andmagazine.com/content/uploads/the_king_no_clothes.jpg

......................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• cofty
    cofty

Outlaw - I admit to speed-reading your rather odd posts with the bold font, The Random Use Of Upper Case Letters and the sophomoric insults.

You are behaving like the class clown who gets angry at the one person who doesn't find you amusing. Maybe it works better on your side of the pond.

Apart from that, I have read all the things that have been said on this thread and thought about it. I have not dismissed and belittled those who disagree with me. I have brushed off countless insults and personal atacks and tried to respond with reason. I find nothing that has been said to be the least bit compelling.

I frequently learn new things on this forum and have my thoughts and opinions challenged. On this thread you and yours have only convinced me more of my point. Ironically it was only ever intended to be a trivial thread where I briefly vented a pet peeve. You should really learn to choose your battles more carefully.

I actually do believe that there may be a fundmental mark of a JW worldview that is a challenge to overcome. I would like to discuss it in a new thread.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I actually do believe that there may be a fundmental mark of a JW worldview that is a challenge to overcome. I would like to discuss it in a new thread.

I find at times, for me, there are still things to work on.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I actually do believe that there may be a fundmental mark of a JW worldview that is a challenge to overcome. I would like to discuss it in a new thread

That's cool Cofty take it one step at a time acknowledging that there may be a challenge to overcome, is a gentle baby step in the right direction. It is like AAA meeting where you get the guy to admit he has a problem is the first step toward dealing with the problem with any measure of success. But I'm not that hip on the need to confess to others your problem as that is very superfical, the need to admit to one self in one's mind is the key.

• cofty
    cofty

Frankie - I left the borg 20 years ago but the pattern of thinking I have in mind is one I overcame more than 10 years ago. I have never looked back.

New thread after the weekend.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

What we think ourselves as being and what others consider us as being like are allways different do to some mental defence mechanism we all have, and usually if several people that know us to an extent say we are a certain way but we feel we are not, most of the times I would put my money on the not so silent majority.

Hey I used to hear this little voice in my head after I left telling me when I was letting the JW indoctrination thinking making me have these judgments about different things, it was nice but often left me with thinking about how my judgements are changing and then a whole lots of neural plasticity going on after taking some mega doses of shrooms, ayahuasca which was excellorating the change and kind of destabilizing me because the old ways of sizing up a situation had change so fast and so drastically. Anyway years later I feel better and have less of those type of moments, they still happen and hopefully I put them to good use when they do, I'm 61 and trying to stay fexible in my mind which to me is a form of staying young in my mind.

When I was a kid I remember saying to myself I never want to be like grown ups they are far too serious and therefore can't really have fun and are not that happy being serious all the time(Forgotten for many decades until after I got out of the JWs) Then I started getting in touch with my inner child and started lightening up a lot.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

FHN: I find at times, for me, there are still things to work on.

Amen to that.

What I find annoying is people that think they have nothing to work on.

The most interesting people are all a work-in-progress!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit