by cofty 447 Replies latest members private

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks for your insightful contribution to the topic NHAH

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Cofty..

Man, you got Burned Big Time..

You started This Thread because of That Troll..

Look at the Title of your Thread..

Accusing Ex-JWs of Behaving Like JWs Should be Taboo

You don`t Start a Thread like this,because Your Happy about being Accused of Behaving like a JW..

The Troll Pissed You Off..

He Got To You!..You were Trolled...He Won!..

He`s probably still Laughing his Ass Off reading this thread...LOL!!..

Now look at This..This is just Sad..

A considerable number of posters who I respect have expressed their support for my point.

On the other hand a number of people who rant at me at every opportunity have missed the point and used it as a chance to insult me.

That's fine. Popularity isn't high on my agenda.

Yes we get that..

People who Support your Point of View,have Your Respect..LOL!!

The Rest are Dismissed!..

I have no interest in controlling anybody. It's ironic that you are trying to control my posting.

No I`m not trying to control what you post..

I pointed out..

You got Trolled because,you thought a Troll was a Believer..

Without that Troll you could have Avoided this Embarrassing Thread..LOL!!

I will continue to challenge superstition and faith-based thinking

You used to be a Believer ..

"JWs" and "Born Agains" are Rabid Believers..You`ve been both..

Not much has changed except your an Atheist now..A Rabid Atheist!..LOL!!..

you continue to post cartoons on beer and chicken.

Ah yes my Beer and Chicken Pics..LOL!!..

I can see that would be the perfect subject for you to be condesending about..

It might make you look so much smarter..LOL!!..

Many people appreciate voices of reason and skepticism on this forum - others like your cartoons. Its all good.

......................................................My Goodness your Post is Rife with Condescension..

............................................."Condescension"..That means:"To Assume An Air Of Superiorty"..

................(I thought I`d help you out with that..It`s a pretty big word..You can look up "Rife" all by yourself!..LOL!!)

.........................................................I can Say More with a Pic and a Few Words..

...............................................Than you can in an Entire Thread,with 100+pages..And..

................................................When I make people Laugh,they`re Laughing with Me..

.......................................................................Not at me..Because..

.................................I`ve been chasing a Troll around the Forum,I thought was a Believer..LOL!!..

.................................................................................................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• frankiespeakin
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Cofty, when I found out that you were a Baptist, after leaving the JWs, it helped me to understand you better and with more patience. I can see that like a lot of us, you are sensitive and shellshocked. Please don't dismiss the people on this thread who said things you don't want to hear. You can grow as a person if you'll honestly examine what people have said: it's possible it could be of benefit for you to do that. I've had a post or thread blow up in my face. It wasn't easy to read, but some of it helped me.

Someone asked me what residual JW behaviors are.

You used to be a Believer ..

"JWs" and "Born Agains" are Rabid Believers..You`ve been both..

Not much has changed except your an Atheist now..A Rabid Atheist!..LOL!!..

This pattern happens to a lot of ex jws. This forum enjoys its fair share of it. It's one of the biggest examples of residual JW behavior.

A second example is when people leave and carry with them the JW hatred of any and all religion. Their attitude stays close minded and extremist. They've had it drilled into their brains, effectively brainwashing them against "Babylon the Great". They continue to view all religion as 100 % evil and talk about how it should be outlawed or banned. Oh how they look forward to the day when humankind will evolve past the need for religion and oh how much better the world will be without it.

A 3rd example of residual behavior is attitude towards holidays. I've seen ex jws make everyone else miserable by complaining bitterly about every holiday. Don't let the JWs steal your joy. They've taken enough from you already. You don't have to go all out for the holidays if you prefer not to, but for goodness sakes, stop the jw holiday killjoy, party pooper behavior.

Another sad thing I have seen is some ex jws decide that any family or friend issues, rather than taking the time and energy to work out the issues, should be solved by cutting the family or friend(s) out of their lives.

I've seen that some ex jws find someone to follow like groupies of a guru or cult leader. We see it here on the forum at times and outside the forum.

We all should be aware that none of us former JWs are immune to residual JW behavior. It's pretty thin skinned and a big form of denial to get our boxers/panties in a bunch when someone points it out. Earth to ex jws, most of the time when someone points it out, it's TRUE. When you get all freaked out and defensive over it, it doesn't help your case. If you really want to heal and move on from it, don't pretend that you are immune to the behaviors and tendencies you picked up while you were a brainwashed JW.

I see some of the most abrasive people, including the ones who tell us that it's their duty to jump all over Christians and other believers and attempt to embarrass them at every opportunity, behave like the biggest sissies when someone tells them they are behaving like JWs. You know JWs, the ones who feel it is their god given duty to go about correcting and insulting everyone who does not agree with them.

There are more examples of JW behavior. This is by no means an exhaustive list.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Good post FHN.

• jhine
    jhine

Giordiano , thank you for all that information .

FHN , thank you for your support . I do know that some ex JWs still have "attitudes " left over from their time in the org , and occasionally I have questioned them about that . It seems that many on this site recognise that sometimes their thinking is still manipulated by JW teaching and may be happy to be gently brought to re - examine their critical thinking skills .

Some on the site can be forthright in their opinions and the way they express them certainly , but be assured that I will not be browbeaten . I take from what people say the reasonable points that they make and ignore the stuff round them . Cofty's assertion that using the phrase JW mindset can be done lazily or thoughtlessly is right ( don't tell Cofty !! ) but as I said above I do know from my own experience that JW teaching does linger on , and I will politely challenge that if I think it necessary to put right wrong assumptions or downright misinformation .

We can all learn from each other and it would be nice to think that as an outsider I can bring fresh thinking to some subjects . AS a member of Cof E I am always here for someone to pm if I can help with a different perspective . As I have said I am not here to try to convert anyone but if I can help , good .

Jan

• cofty
    cofty

JW teaching does linger on

I totally agree but teachings and beliefs are a different matter. They should be highlighted and challenged.

FHN - Be assured that, apart from Outlaw's childish rants, I read and think carefully about everything that others have posted on this thread. I reserve the right to agree or otherwise.

I stand by every word in my OP. Some of the most rational posters on the forum happen to agree, that's encouraging but my opinions are not open to a public vote.

The strongest evidence on my side of the argument are the posts by you, Outlaw, minimus, Vg, Talesin, frankie - the list goes on and on. You have demonstrated that the vast majority of the time using phrases like "JW mindset" is nothing more than a reflection of the pet peeves and biases of the one making the accusation.

Thanks again.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

That's interesting because I am not the one who came up with the phrase JW mind set. Other than this thread, I don't use it. If you or anyone else is running around our forum pushing your current views on god(s), religion or being insufferable about science, just as if it is your religion and trying to humiliate people with it, I'm going to tell you like it is, you are still behaving just like you did as a JW. You can try to pull out your made up Cofty's Law card and use it, but its only going to impress the people who are doing the same thing, shoving their replacement views down everyone's throats and bullying those that do not agree with them. You have your little following that fancy you some kind of great intellect. Outlaw is right. You and those who behave like you do, have just replaced your JW zeal and fervor for "the truth" with zeal and fervor for atheism and the false assumption that you're the only ones who embrace modern science. You jump on any opportunity to rub another poster's face in it. It should impress you that other atheists are sick of this behavior, too. As far as a lot of us are concerned, you've ruined this forum. You meaning you and people like you.

This is an addendum: when I say ruined the forum, I mean that people are tired of seeing this happen, people getting jumped all over for what they believe and/or bullied. It didn't use to be pervasive on the forum like it is now.

• cofty
    cofty

I hope you feel better for getting that off your chest FHN.

Please note I didn't invent the notion of "Cofty's Law". Also I said, phrases like "JW mindset". Please read more carefully.

I have had a great morning cycling in beautiful countryside and now mrs Cofty and I are off out for lunch and to buy some plants for hanging baskets and window boxes.

Later tonight I might start a new, more positive, thread on what I believe the "JW mindset" (or any similar phrase) actually is.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hey, enjoy the countryside and buying flowers. We at least have that in common. I did that the other day with my friend. I enjoy my patio garden.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit